Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I just cracked how the Valentine's Day works!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I Know Better

02-14-2013

And it's not about consumerism, jewish bankers, or chinese overlords; it is true that it seems to be only a marketing ploy, but it isn't. It is actually a very well designed protocol, which sets the social conditions required to maximize people's chances of getting a mate; it isn't about lovers and stuff, it is about everyone else.

During this day, lovers gift ****ty stuff to each other, so it's pretty common to see them carrying that stuff; you see girls carrying flowers, chocolates, boxes, balloons, stuffed animals, and whatnot. It is pretty easy to tell if a girl is in a relationship or not during this day.

Now imagine that you get tired of being single, this is where it all makes sense, let's say you're a guy; you wake up one day and decide to hit the street and talk to as many women as you can, you are going to ask out one girl after another, you are decided to get a QTπ GF. The main issue with this algorithm is that it isn't cost-effective, also, you will be trying to pick up 10/10 girls, even though you're a really ugly guy; many of those girls won't be single anyway, others will just despise you... You have to find a girl that is single and that isn't out of your league, but that isn't something you can just tell by seeing them.

Now imagine that you decide to do this during Valentine's Day, you will be able to tell which girls are single, so you will perform this algorithm faster. If you're a girl trying to get a QTπ BF, you should hit the street and just walk around, and try to maximize the time you spend doing it.

If every single man and woman trying to get a mate do it this during Valentine's Day, the probability of success increases greatly. It is my opinion that an event like this should be held twice ot thrice a year for optimim results; lovers should gift flamboyant stuff to each other and walk around carrying it, single women should go downtown and walk around all day long, and single men should go downtown and try to pick them up.

Nightmare Guard

02-14-2013

Thank you Sheldon Cooper.

I Know Better

02-14-2013

Quote:
Nightmare Guard:
Thank you Sheldon Cooper.

You seem to have mistaken me for a fictional character.

Planet of Yoda

02-14-2013

Quote:
I Know Better:
If every single man and woman trying to get a mate do it this during Valentine's Day, the probability of success increases greatly. It is my opinion that an event like this should be held twice ot thrice a year for optimim results; lovers should gift flamboyant stuff to each other and walk around carrying it, single women should go downtown and walk around all day long, and single men should go downtown and try to pick them up.

So, did you gain success? By the way it does happen a number of times a year. For example, New Year's Eve, during Spring Break, etc.

Nightmare Guard

02-14-2013

Quote:
I Know Better:
You seem to have mistaken me for a fictional character.

On the internet, everyone and everything is fictional.

Planet of Yoda

02-14-2013

Quote:
Nightmare Guard:
On the internet, everyone and everything is fictional.

Did you know in the past 10 years the number of couples who met via the Internet has increased like fifty fold? I doubt things were based fully on fiction for something like that to work the way it has.

silentpartner

02-14-2013

A recent study showed that 45% of single women would be keen for a one-night stand on V day, just because they didn't want to be alone.

Also going out at night on V-day the places are going to be 95%+ singles because all the couples will be spending quality time together, so it's the perfect time to go out and try hook up because it's statistically the best chance you'll ever have to get some sex

I Know Better

02-15-2013

This is the only place on the whole Internet in which such a great discovery gets only 5 replies.

HetairoiAthenas

02-15-2013

Quote:
I Know Better:
This is the only place on the whole Internet in which such a great discovery gets only 5 replies.

That's because picking up chicks on the street is so 1800th century.

I Know Better

02-15-2013

Quote:
HetairoiAthenas:
That's because picking up chicks on the street is so 1800th century.

No, just because plebs pick up girls over the Internet, it doesn't make it the right way; stop being pleb-minded.