Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lack of Janna players. -.-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

facepalmextreme

10-27-2010

I really dislike the new voice, and would appreciate if someone could upload the old files or something...

I love playing janna, laning with a shaco, pantheon, xin, gangplank at level 1 with the shield. +14 attack damage is quite scary, plus enough damage mitigation to block a tower hit. the movement buff keeps your team just a step ahead of the enemy, jungler is happy, gankers are getting where they need to go faster, people can recall and get back easily.

but the first part I mentioned is why I dislike playing janna, she doesn't offer any mage support. a slow, a knockup, a shield, and an aoe heal. most physical champions complain if you put the shield on someone else, even if that someone else is getting focused.

SockSniffer

10-27-2010

every game i play with janna i get a score of something like 0/0/15 and we win in 25 at the surrender
even though the score is lame winning is much more fun

Eppa

10-27-2010

Quote:
JustAnotherPub:
Janna rocks

Not as much as Malphite...

Anyway her ultimate+cleanse is like the counter to AoE teams.

Reyas Darkborn

10-27-2010

i play her often

stfu op

Schokcha

10-27-2010

Quote:
Liquid Veniym:
Why is no one playing her? She is a GREAT Character.

Keep it down, will you? *nervously scans the horizon for the fotm crowd*

Antibreeder

10-27-2010

Janna is still awesome, it's just Sona is support-mode on easy. Like childishly easy with no real skill shots or complexity.

Janna's Q is an amazing skill shot for chasing, fleeing, interrupting, and farming. Sona has an auto targeting, instant poke. Sona's does less, but is much easier to use.

Janna's W is a moderate nuke with a slow. The passive is awesome for Janna and Janna's global passive is basically rank 2 of Sona's E aura for everyone all the time.

Janna's E doesn't heal, but the bubble has nearly twice Sona's heal and gives over twice the AD as Sona's Q aura to your carry, which arguably needs more protection and damage than anyone else on the team (who cares if Sona is healing herself if everyone is focusing her carry).

Both Janna's and Sona's ultimates have disabling aspects, it's just that Janna's is significantly more versatile and difficult to use. While a cone 350 damage, 1.5 second disable is nice, personally I much prefer propelling two people into a turret and launching three people backwards while giving everyone some HP back; or disrupting nasty ults like Katarina, Nunu, or Galio.

What irritates me most about Sona is just that she is so easy and straight forward. I wouldn't say she is some OP uber-support, but that she is just so simple that she appeals to far more people than the nuances that Janna and Morgana offer. This isn't to say Sona isn't a powerful support, I just find her too boring and obvious.

However, the less skilled Janna players, the easier the wins!

Kurakresh

10-27-2010

I actually main Janna, among another Support or two.

I think it's because, even though Assists are rewarded in-game, they aren't gratifying to people. Although, this is true to all 'supports' so let me get more specific.

With Janna in particular, she also has a reasonably large learning curve. Most people are confused or turned off by her tornado's mechanics, or never know when to use their Ultimate for fear of losing a kill and being harassed.
So, people pick the options which appear safer to them, like Sona or Morgana, who have an all-purpose stun, as opposed to knock-backs. People might also not like the seemingly lack-luster Innate Janna has.

I just find she's more technical and situational than the other Supports at the moment.

TastetheWaynebow

Recruiter

10-27-2010

because for some reason, people would rather play lux haha

Ty Wan

10-27-2010

Quote:
Kurakresh:
I actually main Janna, among another Support or two.

I think it's because, even though Assists are rewarded in-game, they aren't gratifying to people. Although, this is true to all 'supports' so let me get more specific.

With Janna in particular, she also has a reasonably large learning curve. Most people are confused or turned off by her tornado's mechanics, or never know when to use their Ultimate for fear of losing a kill and being harassed.
So, people pick the options which appear safer to them, like Sona or Morgana, who have an all-purpose stun, as opposed to knock-backs. People might also not like the seemingly lack-luster Innate Janna has.

I just find she's more technical and situational than the other Supports at the moment.

Basically this. Also, as Janna you will never be recognized for doing well, no matter how well you do, unless you are playing with people you know. You can lock someone down and shield your carry over and over early game so they get fed, but the other team will think it was the carry having "pro skills," not you. I've had games where we had a tank who would not initiate, so me and the Eve had to get creative. I play with the Eve a lot, and we tend to lane with me as Janna, him as a DPS, but he mistakenly chose Eve this game. I don't know why, but he did. Long story short, he would assassinate one of the four people near the tower as I set up a tornado, I would tornado afterwords to by him some time, and shield him. Eve not taking damage=eve being able to stealth. We did this multiple times until we could push finally. Mind you, they had a fed Trist because our Sivir sucked. In the end, the other people thought the Eve was the only decent person on the team, and that the rest of us had done nothing. Luckily, in this situation, the Eve said it was the two of us... the other people sucked. haha

Anyway, even if you can look over not getting recognized, people like to see a lot of kills rather than a lot of assists, even if you bring more to a team with a certain character. Personally, though, the highlight of my day is when I somehow get a kill as Janna on my own. Feels good man.

grim1

10-27-2010

Quote:
Eppa:
I disagree she is still OP, it just that 1337 scores are more fun than winning a lot.

My fear of meeting in a 5v5 game is Sona>Janna>Morgana>other top tier heroes.

Had Sona and Janna in a game the other day and I must say it was pretty freakin epic. And let's downvote this thread before you guys get Janna nerfed again.