Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lack of Janna players. -.-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liquid Veniym

10-27-2010

Why is no one playing her? She is a GREAT Character.

Pepinhus

10-27-2010

Yeah I think so, those hurricane jumps makes her fun to play, is quite difficult to aim them in the right direction, I think not much people plays her because of that and the lack of late game utility, but she goes naked all around which is good always to see and is a great mid laner.

Momciloo

10-27-2010

She does low dmg, and people use somewone with more dmg because they want to be legendary and brag with their scores

Falleth

10-27-2010

Shhh, they will hear about that.

Redford

10-27-2010

Everyone who played Janna before realized that she was no longer OP in team fights when they reduced her stun time to 1 second and stopped playing her. Yet another victim of being balanced.

On the plus side, since monsoon was mostly overlooked, it is now the most powerful AoE heal in the game hands down as long as you are willing to stand still.

Eppa

10-27-2010

Quote:
Redford:
Everyone who played Janna before realized that she was no longer OP in team fights when they reduced her stun time to 1 second and stopped playing her. Yet another victim of being balanced.

On the plus side, since monsoon was mostly overlooked, it is now the most powerful AoE heal in the game hands down as long as you are willing to stand still.

I disagree she is still OP, it just that 1337 scores are more fun than winning a lot.

My fear of meeting in a 5v5 game is Sona>Janna>Morgana>other top tier heroes.

ichi the killer

10-27-2010

Janna has a nice shield, gamebreaking ult and her tornado can be usefull both offensively and defensively but something is missing...

I tried to play her. But I keep struggling with her tornado. Just read that you can press q again in order to launch her tornado faster. But still, I hate the delay it has! I prefer Galio's tornado.

And the reason why she's underplayer is, I beleive, that Janna is being outshinned by other supports. Such as Sona and Morg. Honorable mention to Lux and Zilean.

JustAnotherPub

Recruiter

10-27-2010

Janna rocks, and I rock Janna a fair amount. However, I always end up feeling like I'm VERY dependent on my team for success... I can support like a boss, but if my teammates are truly bad, then there's very little I can do to turn the game around.

Zephoid

10-27-2010

i used to main her, but the repeated sets of nerfs REALLY make it hard to do well with her in solo. she never really had all that great damage, but they decided to nerf her W anyways. then they increased the manna cost on EVERYTHING just to make early game very hard (early was the only time she used to be able to do damage). The 33% knock up reduction really killed her for me. it was unnecessary as the spell is so easy to dodge if charged and has no damage if not.

The real nail in the coffin is sona. better damage, hard CC, lower manna costs, auras, and MUCH easier to play. not to mention much better survivability.

edit: she was never OP until ez came around. the +48 damage (this was before change) and a 1.1 AD/damage on mystic shot made him stupidly good. so they nerfed her down to near UP status. Her ult is GREAT on paper, but **** in game. unlike yi, she gets no def bonus while channeling and has one of the worst defensive stats in the game. its a big "burst kill me now!!!" plus it defeats the point of janna: mobility.

Degarock

10-27-2010

Every time I lane with a good Janna, that lane goes down in NO TIME.