Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replays Alpha Test on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArisenSwordfish

02-14-2013

Quote:
Mighty Toothman:
An example of how Riot has poorly approached user control is the strict limitations on custom games. We can't make custom maps, bots are only available in "beginner" difficulty (that one really makes no sense), and we have no ability to modify fundamental game elements such as starting gold and levels.

The main difference between beginner and intermediate bots is how much they cooperate and work together. Bots cannot predict and work with human players, only with others bots. That is why you cant have intermediate bots in a custom.

Cryypter

02-14-2013

Quote:
Status Kwoh:
1) The games that say replay unavailable - are these older games, or games played today?

I found the problem: the ones from today were from before the replay patch.

Rycko

02-14-2013

I am sure this has already been said or suggested, but is it possible to add some sort of way to convert the .ROFL file to a more usable video format? I am also assuming the reason it is .ROFL is because it has some background code to allow spectating features such as controlling vision but is there a way to simply extract only the video from some champions perspective? This could allow for much easier commentary and other things.

Sinbu

02-14-2013

Will the replay system allow you to see exactly what every player is doing? Player Perspective from Dota 2?

LtEarthworm

02-14-2013

Still reading through the red posts, but I have to ask...

Is this going to pave the way for an eventual sort of cinematic replay mode? You know, for making epic videos like this even more epic?
http://youtu.be/NHu5R9nt07w
I know the models are made with the overhead view in mind, BUT EPIC.

Gustavo8

02-14-2013

Quote:
LtEarthworm:
Still reading through the red posts, but I have to ask...

Is this going to pave the way for an eventual sort of cinematic replay mode? You know, for making epic videos like this even more epic?
http://youtu.be/NHu5R9nt07w
I know the models are made with the overhead view in mind, BUT EPIC.

Cinematic videos?
Happen to check out my channel? http://www.youtube.com/brasilcurtas

mrwarrick22

02-14-2013

Whenever I try replay a match it waits for a while then says ''data file is corrupt. Game will now close''. Anyone get this?

SavagePeaches

02-14-2013

With the massive amount of replays that will be "stored" temporarily, is there any chance that it will effect game stability?
This is my main concern.

TommyYung

02-15-2013

u guys does well!!
im very expecting the official replay! and here are few thing I would your guys to consider it:
1.share with different servers player.
2.provide a way to download replay files for upload to fans youtube channel like top 5 play / fail of the day.

Sailor Twift

02-15-2013

Quote:
rjcombo:
That doesn't mean we are satisfied with the state of the game. There's a pretty massive backlog of features we intend to add to LoL, some of which you've actually mentioned here. More good things are coming.
And despite the long list of critiques I could post, Riot's one of my favorite companies. Your teams take on an enormous task and have produced a grand entrepreneurial accomplishment.