Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replays Alpha Test on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OS1RIS

02-14-2013

Awesome! So excited to see this implemented! And by my favorite Galio Rioters! Thanks a bunch guys, it looks great so far

RoboLions

User Experience Designer

02-14-2013

Quote:
Tango Charlie:
keep getting an error saying "replay file is corrupt. game will now exit"

Are you seeing this when the game first starts to load or after the loading screen? Also, is this happening for all replay files or just specific ones? Is that your summoner name on the PBE?

Forklift

02-14-2013

only thing i want is to be able to spectate a replay with my friends.

Brazilian Pride

02-14-2013

Need a button to download replay to local HD since online file gonna be destroyed after a while.

Huedits

02-14-2013

Quote:
Brazilian Pride:
Need a button to download replay to local HD since online file gonna be destroyed after a while.

also could have a stand alone client for watching the replays, for when your internet is down and you want to watch a replay...

Kurzio

02-14-2013

Quote:
rjcombo:
This has to do with the relationship between the spectator service and the replay service. We don't allow spectating of Co-op games, so replays aren't generated for those games either.

What is the reason why we aren't allowed to spectate bot games?

Vocal Trance

02-14-2013

Will you be able to save replays for later? Say something interesting happens in one of my recent games, can I only see it if it's under my match history? It would be cool if each summoner had 10 slots for example, to store replays they want to keep.

vladtehinhalr

02-14-2013

Quote:
WerewolfTrey:
Outstanding - I'm reserving this slot, for feedback.

EDIT 1:
FEEDBACK LIST:

1) My camera was stuck for the first minute or so, haven't tried to repro yet, could've easily been user error
2) Ping icon is there, but doesn't do anything
3) Chat is disabled, probably intended
4) Sometimes when you use the replay last 15 seconds, graphical effects from previous effects (prior to those 15 seconds) spring up all over, causing momentary lag
5) Uhhh.. I just had my replay up, joined a game, tried to start the game, and the replay is still up but it says my game is in progress now. After leaving the replay, it asked me to reconnect to my game like normal, but it was a little odd haha. Wait, now it seems I can't connect or something, and my game vanishes sometimes with no opportunity to reconnect. EDIT: Got in, had to restart client!
6) When I watch a replay, it requires me to restart the client before it appears in my Replay Browser.

I can echo having the same issues 1-4, though I havent tried 5 or seen 6

RoboLions

User Experience Designer

02-14-2013

Quote:
WerewolfTrey:
Outstanding - I'm reserving this slot, for feedback.

EDIT 1:
FEEDBACK LIST:

1) My camera was stuck for the first minute or so, haven't tried to repro yet, could've easily been user error
2) Ping icon is there, but doesn't do anything
3) Chat is disabled, probably intended
4) Sometimes when you use the replay last 15 seconds, graphical effects from previous effects (prior to those 15 seconds) spring up all over, causing momentary lag
5) Uhhh.. I just had my replay up, joined a game, tried to start the game, and the replay is still up but it says my game is in progress now. After leaving the replay, it asked me to reconnect to my game like normal, but it was a little odd haha. Wait, now it seems I can't connect or something, and my game vanishes sometimes with no opportunity to reconnect. EDIT: Got in, had to restart client!
6) When I watch a replay, it requires me to restart the client before it appears in my Replay Browser.

We will look into 1-4 and work on a fix as we are able.

For #5 this is part of a feature we are considering that would allow you to watch a replay while waiting in the queue for another game (especially useful for streamers). If we can work out the kinks that you are experiencing it would kill your replay and auto-load the game (can't have both running at once).

#6) We could use your game logs to help reproduce this

Vacus

02-14-2013

Quote:
rjcombo:
The storage location is currently fixed but we may add an option at a later time.

Do replays save in your LoL folder (or a sub-folder of it), or in some other location?

BTW I also would like to add my voice to clamor for an alterable storage location. I am obsessive about managing my hard drive space and I really hate anything that will save stuff without letting me decide where it goes.