Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replays Alpha Test on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

02-14-2013

Quote:
InXplotch:
I Noticed that bot games do not save replays. I think that, for PBE, it would be beneficial to allow replays of bot games to be saved if only for the ability to get easy video access of odd glitches. Maybe put them on a shorter save timer of 3 days.

This has to do with the relationship between the spectator service and the replay service. We don't allow spectating of Co-op games, so replays aren't generated for those games either.

HolyHandGr3nade

02-14-2013

The new replay system is steps above what was offered before this. The thing I'm most happy about is the smoothness of fast forwarding and rewinding. Now I understand this is the alpha but somethings that may step up this new feature even more would be the option to record certain segments of the game or even adjust camera angles to get more cinematic looks for shots. It would be helpful to cut out as many outside programs as possible and having a recording program directly in the replay would be huge for not just people who currently make videos but for the thousands who had always wanted to make videos.

Keep up the good work,
Holy

InXplotch

02-14-2013

Quote:
rjcombo:
This has to do with the relationship between the spectator service and the replay service. We don't allow spectating of Co-op games, so replays aren't generated for those games either.

So a custom game with spectating on would create a replay, and a game with spectating off would not?

Duriel

Recruiter

02-14-2013

Small question, did you guys work with the dudes at LeagueReplays at all?

I'm really excited for an actual built-in replay system, but after a patch or two if this being implemented, old replays won't have compatibility issues, right?

Man Mode

02-14-2013

Do you have to watch the entire replay to save it? Or if I were to just start watching it, would the entire thing be saved on my computer?

Vakabiel

Recruiter

02-14-2013

Will the ability to rotate the camera exist in addition to zoom so that we can create some interesting videos from these replays? Much in the way you can watch from different angles in HALO? (I understand angles don't really apply here - more of a position thing so I may have answered my own question)

Akitu

02-14-2013

Quote:
rjcombo:
Uninstalling the client will not delete your replay folder.

rjcombo, new favourite Rioter, for being the first to answer one of my questions in a large thread. Thanks!

Torvin Augeri

02-14-2013

Quote:
rjcombo:

Follow-up question: why aren't we allowed to spectate co-op games?

Tango Charlie

02-14-2013

keep getting an error saying "replay file is corrupt. game will now exit"

edit:-got it to work. it would download the file file but wouldn't open directly from game history. had to restart my client and click on the icon on top, which shows the saved replays and watch it from there.

RoboLions

User Experience Designer

02-14-2013

Quote:
InXplotch:
So a custom game with spectating on would create a replay, and a game with spectating off would not?

We still create a replay, because the spectate feature is aware of that game. But it is private to the players who were in that game so that teams can practice ubersecretstratsgg.docx