Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Replays Alpha Test on PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oijdiouc HEHENFO

02-14-2013

Exelent news!
Coming from a BW background tho, I have to ask if it will be possible to watch a replay with 4 other players. I think it's a key feature that would allow teams to review their plays in a very accurate way. Like instead of creating a lobby to play a game, it would be create a lobby to watch a replay with other players, with only the game creator having access to time/view controls. Of course with a way to chat with other players watching this same replay.
Even if it's very complicated to implement, please consider it. It would skyrocket the level of play from serious teams.

IS1dacfae952691547dc99a

02-14-2013

Forum .ROFL attachment support would come in handy.

Huedits

02-14-2013

Quote:
b0oyeah:
Personally if they enable team chat then I really think there should be some privacy, so that you can only see your team's team chat and only members of your team can access the file. Obviously you could still opt to share it with others. -- even if they don't enable such, I still really hate the idea of this whole system being public

So am I the only person who cares at all about some level of mystery / privacy? Maybe, oh well -- I'll just go back to playing by myself -- takes Syndra's balls.

I just think it'd be cool if you were watching a high elo match and you could see the calls... In my opinion, that'd help us (low elo players) to understand and learn from the match.

Quote:
dragargamegulerZ:

And of course, somewhere to post the replays. =)

slamor

02-14-2013

I think I am still in shock. I did not see this coming.

InXplotch

02-14-2013

I Noticed that bot games do not save replays. I think that, for PBE, it would be beneficial to allow replays of bot games to be saved if only for the ability to get easy video access of odd glitches. Maybe put them on a shorter save timer of 3 days.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

02-14-2013

Quote:
Akitu:
What a funny extension tag...

On a somewhat related note. Will our ROFLs be lost if we have to reinstall the LoL client? Or will the addition of the replay feature call for a change to the installation script and allow for an option to keep all cached data such as a replay file when uninstalling?

Uninstalling the client will not delete your replay folder.

Emporio Ivankov

02-14-2013

Few small bugs to report. All Air Client related:

Bug #1
The message for dragging a .rofl extension replay still appears on the login screen went attempting to drop.

To recreate, drag/hover a .rofl file over the air client from the login screen.

Bug #2
After watching a replay the game does not appear in the replays section of the client but the file is saved to my computer.

To recreate, play a game, watch it from match history, close the game and go to view replays section in the AIR client.

Bug #3
No "tip text" when you hover over the replays button under the ip total.

To recreate, hover mouse over replays section navigation button on the AIR client.

Sorry if any of these have already been reported. Let me know if you need any more information on the bugs.

Fruitee from PBE

We Are As One

02-14-2013

Quote:
Huedits:
I just think it'd be cool if you were watching a high elo match and you could see the calls... In my opinion, that'd help us (low elo players) to understand and learn from the match.

And of course, somewhere to post the replays. =)

Yeah -- btw on lolking you can watch a lot of really awesome players play live, and many of them talk about their strategy as they are playing, some of it is really helpful, I mean sure its biased too, but fun

rjcombo

Lead Designer

02-14-2013

Quote:
dragargamegulerZ:

I've notified our community team about this. Not sure what the end result will be though.

ipwnproz

02-14-2013

Not bad looks really Interesting Thanks it will be a great interface did you take the Coding from D2 or you came up with your own algorithm