Thresh, the BROKEN ADC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Birdmane

02-13-2013

Ok Riot, you guys are funny, you make a ranged champion, who has a passive similar to veigar's, only it scales for armor and ability power. First my initial thought was " Oh he will be a perfect support tank I should get him".

Well now I managed to realize how BROKEN of an ADC he was.

Although his range is short, thresh has insane damage if he builds attack damage, so long as a thresh can farm, he can gain free armor and build his passive (Which gives him damage toward his basic attacks and bonus armor, JUST WHAT ANY SMART ADC COULD USE DURING LANING PHASE). Due to Thresh's passive, he can manage to hit up to 250 - 300 damage if farmed well and the proper items are built, and still have crazy high amounts of armor for an adc! Add a taric passive in there and bam you have an unkillable adc.

Riot, plan on nerfing that thresh passive? mabye instead of allowing thresh's soul count to go toward his basic attacks have his abilities scale differently? Or at least prevent his on hits from being able to deal 1000+whatever his total attack damage is.....

EDIT: try building bloodthirster, phantom dancer, infinity edge, static shyv, zerker greaves, and a guardians angel on thresh, then post your k/d below!!

Yvo

02-13-2013

You're not even talking about Veigar's passive, you're talking about a skill passive. One that never gets farmed up unless the enemy team is bad.

DingoHedge

02-13-2013

SSSSSHH!! Don't say such things out loud, lest Mjolnerf hear you!

GurkenMAN

02-14-2013

thats a bad build. Really!

Inkcat

02-14-2013

In order for Q to do that BROKEN damage, he needs to wait 10+ seconds between every attack. How many carries do you know can get away with attacking once every ten seconds?

Why nerf an, admittedly, strong character over a gimmick build? If he didn't have that scaling his threat as a support is significantly reduced. He's incredibly easy to kill if he's alone (this means he has an incredibly rough time soloing top/mid against anyone that knows what they're doing), and if he's in the support/carry lane as a support, he's incredibly lackluster as a main ADC.

Edit: Janna gets a free BF sword on her shield. You can build her AD too. What you're suggesting is akin to going OMG NERF JANNA FREE DAMAGE BUILD AD. Yeah, you can play Janna and troll around. Is it viable against anyone that knows what they're doing? Not really.

VaschLagHammer

02-14-2013

That's a bad build

ElDynamite

02-14-2013

If you want to build Thresh as an ADC, you go full AS so you can proc your Q as much as possible.

See, you can't even build him right and you're complaining.

QuentinWarden

02-14-2013

Now put that build on any adc sans ashe and proceed to do more damage

Endrid

02-14-2013

think i will try him AD and see how that pans out

Jonheath291

02-14-2013

I find AP Attack speed the best way to build him (when not going ap tank).

Malady, Nashors, Deathcap, Zerker or Sorc, Rylais, Zephyr: not in that order but lol

I did do an AD build on him with Cleaver, Two BT, Warmog,Zerkers, and a Hurricane, but that was in a bot game and after i sold my ap items. It worked well, made farming super easy :P