Best Way to make IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theymin

10-27-2010

ok so, i just joined the game a few days ago, and im finding it hard to make influence points.

Is there any other way to get points other then just doing games?

uncle anime

10-27-2010

nope, this is intentional

relatively cheap heroes that can win you a lot of games: amumu, nasus, ashe, annie, janna

andrew000000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2010

Succumb to Riot and buy riot points

Theymin

10-27-2010

i go with ashe so ill just keep at it, also, idk if i wanna buy riot points just yet, maybe when ive played the game more and have more money to spare.

GNOY

10-27-2010

Main Miss Fortune. Free IP every game, yay.

Unr3alAnGeR

10-27-2010

1) Buy RP if you want to speed things up.
2) Don't impulse buy every champion you think looks cool. Test someone out first when they are free.
3) Don't buy runes until tier three
4) Don't make a smurf and play on it.

As for making IP:

1) Play normal games until you get first win of the day bonus
2) Play 6 IP farms which will take like 90 minute max and net you 432 IP I think. Much better than any other return. Max of 6 per day.
3) Keep playing normals. Try to win.

Warrrax

10-27-2010

That is great advice.

Only use tier 1 runes because they are cheap until you hit level 20. Then with your saved IPs, you can buy lots of level 3 ones, and transmute 25 of your level 1 ones to a single random tier 3.

If you are level 30, sure, join IP farm games. However, if not, this has a tendency to also level up your summoner which can be bad.

If you are a level 5 summoner who is so-so and learning the game, you don't want to Farm your way to level 20 prematurely where you will get beat down even more.

The main thing is to get your 1 win-of-the-day in as much as possible. THis is hard because no matter what, the time tends to travel somewhat.

Say you win at 3pm.

If you start playing at 3 pm, you won't win till 3:30pm. If you LOSE, you dont win till 4pm. Repeat and pretty soon your timetable is blown.

So make sure to try to use your main character for your first game and do your best to win. Queuedrop if you have losers, etc. After that you can be more casual.

You can also start a bit earlier since its a 22 hour cooldown, not 24hr.

And consider donating to keep the game alive if you like it. I donated 20 bucks because I have played the heck out of it, not because I needed the RPs particularly.

The biggest thing is DO NOT IMPULSIVELY unlock champions!!! I see many posts about "got X IPs, who to unlock?". This is absolute IDIOCY! With weekly rotations and occasional free weekends, there is NO REASON to not wait and playtest a character that you imagine you'd like.

fertybrando

10-27-2010

Just play dude. It does take a while sure, but the game isn't designed for you to walk in and buy every hero. I think this makes sense because every player is basically confined to a little bit more specific heroes, unless they have been playing a long long time.

It really only takes a couple days of playing several games a day and you have enough money for another hero.

DrDragun

10-27-2010

Mundo on Twisted Treeline.

But if you spend 4 hours of misery playing games when you don't want to, then it's time to just go to work for a few hours, bring home some money and buy a couple 975 RP champs. Its not worth wasting a saturday of your life to farm 2000 IP if you don't feel like playing, when you could buy 2 heros costing 6300 IP for a couple hours of work.

Zirkonium

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrax View Post
The biggest thing is DO NOT IMPULSIVELY unlock champions!!! I see many posts about "got X IPs, who to unlock?". This is absolute IDIOCY! With weekly rotations and occasional free weekends, there is NO REASON to not wait and playtest a character that you imagine you'd like.
Got to catch em all!