ATI Radeon X1600 compatibility?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

02-22-2013
7 of 10 Riot Posts

We've placed an order for this exact hardware spec and are investigating possible causes for this issue.

Thunder Blaster

02-24-2013

K thanks. Will you post in here when you have an answer or a fix?

Cheers

M3ANROCK

02-25-2013

Thunder. I did a fresh install using the Riot official client and it worked a bit better. I'm going to try another fresh install and hope this time it sticks!

M3ANROCK

02-25-2013

So in short, the best result so far is the tried and true method of uninstall and reinstall.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

02-25-2013
8 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ANROCK View Post
Thunder. I did a fresh install using the Riot official client and it worked a bit better. I'm going to try another fresh install and hope this time it sticks!
"Worked a bit better". Can you elaborate? Is the game playable? Can you post a new screenshot?

EDIT: And yes I will update this thread as I have information. Currently waiting on the package to arrive.

M3ANROCK

02-25-2013

I was referring to the first reinstall I did where I got the previous screenshots. I'm working on doing this second installation to hopefully greater success. Just trying to tell Thunder what to do, sorry to make it seem like this was complete!

Thunder Blaster

02-26-2013

I don't even get into the game I just get a black screen after champ select. If there's a way for the game to load then plz plz inform me

M3ANROCK

02-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBrentmeister View Post
"Worked a bit better". Can you elaborate? Is the game playable? Can you post a new screenshot?

EDIT: And yes I will update this thread as I have information. Currently waiting on the package to arrive.
Unfortunately, a fresh install had the exact same issue that I posted a screenshot of earlier. Any other things I can try out that would help?

Jaxxian

02-27-2013

Hey guys. I'm not sure if I'm having the same problem as I can't see the picture M3ANROCK uploaded but I'm having a graphical issue here. Here's my issue; I get into the game and from what I can tell it runs rather smoothly from the icons I can see. However everything is covered in this glitched mesh:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4948/...30227at859.jpg

Seems like I'm missing almost all of the UI and in game textures, however the item shop opens just fine, all textures in there look good, so it could be a rendering issue. Just to be clear, the game starts and runs as any other game, however it has this graphical problem (see pic). All audio works fine, along with everything else, I can even move the champ (as I said, I can tell the game runs smooth by how the icon scrolls across the screen).

As a small side note, the same goes for the character load up screen. No portrait, just blank white rectangle with the ping indicator where it normally goes.

I have the same hardware as the fella's in this thread, early MacBook Pro A1150 with a Radeon X1600 on OS X 10.6.8 . I'm not sure if this is the same problem as M3ANROCK and Thunder Blaster. But I just thought I'd bring it to the dev gods attention in hopes I can get my daily league fix.

I'm going to try and repair or if need be reinstall (not sure if repair will work on this beta). I'll update as soon as I do.

Don't give up on us devs. I have 3 friends who have these same MacBook Pro's as I, who in bootcamp are able to play league just fine. It'd be amazing to get rid of those old windows partitions.

Sh33nyCurs3

02-27-2013

I get the kind of bugs such as Jaxxian posted, but it's funny because on my bootcamped PC side the game runs fine, in fact with decent graphics and rendering, no bugs as far as I can tell. But for the mac side I get that colored pixeled crazy ****.