Ask Kayle, the Judicator

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xcyper33

05-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Àsk Kayle View Post
Xcyper,

A new type of government that could possibly solve my people's problems? Surely that would require getting used to such an idea. But we can adapt... Hopefully.

This idea of a government, is quite interesting somewhat. I don't think I've heard of it before. Possibly just some bad memory... But to hear Morgana agree with it? I'm not surprised. Back on topic, I'd like to hear more about this kind of government. Has it been implemented before? If so, where? When? How successful has it been? How exactly does it work?

- Kayle, the Judicator
Kayle,

This is something that I've had discussions with, with Morgana. At first she was a heavy skeptic, but now she could see how the idea of it can work. The very basic, fundamental concept, is that the citizens decide where they want to take the nation. They do this through the voting system. There are no kings, or queens, no small council to make the decisions for the many. Instead, the people decide their leaders through a process called "elections". And even then, their leaders do not rule until death, they have X amount of years to serve and they are either voted to stay in by the people, or voted out of power. Ofcourse, it gets much more complex than that, but it is the basic premise. To answer your question: Somewhat. Elements such as voting have been seen, but not on this scale, it is a new system that I thought up.

-X

Ask Shyvana

05-14-2013

Quote:
Kayle tilted her head, curious why Shyvana would ask such a question. Either way, she thought for a moment before giving the Half Dragon her answer,

"If we were the last of our kind... Then this battle between us and our kind, would have been for naught. My beliefs, my fighting, my motivations, everything that I've done and what my sister did... They would have been for naught, our lives, easily wasted. Our hate towards each other... What would I do first after that? Would I willing to slay my sister after that? There's so much consequences that outweigh the only one benefit..."

Kayle paused, starring at a blank spot on her desk before continuing, resting her head on her hand which had her elbow resting on the desk,

"The only place I could turn to would be the Institute... Everything I lived for has just placed themselves into near extinction of just two... How would I react? Feel? Your question... has a complicated answer that I can't answer through mere guessing."
"I'm not sure why I ask." Shyvana replied. "But a millennium is a very long time, even for immortals. I know your war has gone on for longer than that, but I'd be very surprised if it was still going on by the time you and Morgana were done here."

Àsk Kayle

05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcyper33 View Post
Kayle,

This is something that I've had discussions with, with Morgana. At first she was a heavy skeptic, but now she could see how the idea of it can work. The very basic, fundamental concept, is that the citizens decide where they want to take the nation. They do this through the voting system. There are no kings, or queens, no small council to make the decisions for the many. Instead, the people decide their leaders through a process called "elections". And even then, their leaders do not rule until death, they have X amount of years to serve and they are either voted to stay in by the people, or voted out of power. Of course, it gets much more complex than that, but it is the basic premise. To answer your question: Somewhat. Elements such as voting have been seen, but not on this scale, it is a new system that I thought up.

-X
Xcyper,

The voting... will it be anonymous? I mean, merely to protect the people from those willing to inflict harm to get what they want. But none the less, this system seems quite interesting. To have the people vote for their leader and this said leader doesn't even rule until death. Does this have a name? I would like to remember this most definitely.

- Kayle, the Judicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
"I'm not sure why I ask." Shyvana replied. "But a millennium is a very long time, even for immortals. I know your war has gone on for longer than that, but I'd be very surprised if it was still going on by the time you and Morgana were done here."
"Yes, it is quite a long time." Kayle said, "I wouldn't be surprised either... Almost like an endless war of attrition, where both sides do not falter."

DespirThoth

05-15-2013

"It seems you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

Cackling comes from the shadows of the area where Kayle asked her questions, followed by the voice again, low, guttural, and unearthly. Yet, oddly feminine.

Stepping out from one of the many shadows is Despir'Thoth, in her human form. It much resembles Annie, but with a much paler skin tone, black hair, makeup, and clothes. "Always running and fighting with one you should call family. How much it must tear your heart to pieces, now even more, that you're forever away from the one thing that you gave up your familial bonds for."

She smiles, far too widely, placing her fingers together, clasping her palms, and placing them next to her left cheek as she angles her face, right cheek first, towards Kayle. "I can make it so much easier for you. Repair your family, free you from your duties and end Morgana's influence on your world. Sound interesting yet?"

xcyper33

05-16-2013

[QUOTE=Àsk Kayle;37764247]Xcyper,

The voting... will it be anonymous? I mean, merely to protect the people from those willing to inflict harm to get what they want. But none the less, this system seems quite interesting. To have the people vote for their leader and this said leader doesn't even rule until death. Does this have a name? I would like to remember this most definitely.

- Kayle, the Judicator
/QUOTE]

Kayle,

Yes, the voting will be anonymous, and there would be HEAVY security using non-partisan groups to make sure the voting remains fair and balanced. I would call it a republic: A Representative form of government.

Aside from the personal issues between your sister, one of the biggest problems was your form of government.

Under this system, your sister would have a voice, she would start her own party, and instead of a personal enemy, you two would be political enemies. She would try to sway others to see her side, meanwhile you make the case for your views. Then, you both leave it up to the people to decide which direction is the best course.

This war between you two probably wouldn't have happened under such a government.

-X

Ask Shyvana

05-16-2013

Quote:
X"Yes, it is quite a long time." Kayle said, "I wouldn't be surprised either... Almost like an endless war of attrition, where both sides do not falter."
Shyvana sighed.

"If nothing else, if Morgana's people won the war, I'm sure Demacia will give you a home." Shyvana assured. "...I know some people think you would match nicely with Prince Jarvan."

Shyvana clearly didn't look happy about that prospect.

Dear Morgana

05-16-2013

Quote:
Shyvana sighed.

"If nothing else, if Morgana's people won the war, I'm sure Demacia will give you a home." Shyvana assured. "...I know some people think you would match nicely with Prince Jarvan."

Grr...

Ask Shyvana

05-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Morgana View Post
Grr...
(xP)

Àsk Kayle

05-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespirThoth View Post
"It seems you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

Cackling comes from the shadows of the area where Kayle asked her questions, followed by the voice again, low, guttural, and unearthly. Yet, oddly feminine.

Stepping out from one of the many shadows is Despir'Thoth, in her human form. It much resembles Annie, but with a much paler skin tone, black hair, makeup, and clothes. "Always running and fighting with one you should call family. How much it must tear your heart to pieces, now even more, that you're forever away from the one thing that you gave up your familial bonds for."

She smiles, far too widely, placing her fingers together, clasping her palms, and placing them next to her left cheek as she angles her face, right cheek first, towards Kayle. "I can make it so much easier for you. Repair your family, free you from your duties and end Morgana's influence on your world. Sound interesting yet?"
Kayle looked up to hear a low, guttural, feminine voice. Where was the voice coming from?

The cackling answered her question as she rose from her desk to look at the strange shadow that, looked almost like Annie. She listened carefully, doing her best to not shudder from the creepy, wide smile from the shadow,

"Repair my family? Free me from my duties? And end Morgana's influence..." Behind her helmet, Kayle couldn't help but frown, shaking her head as well, "I do not care for Morgana anymore, my duties never end, and I'd also would like to defeat her through my power alone. Nothing else, no power elsewhere...Now..."

The Judicator straightened herself and crossed her arms,

"Who are you?"

[QUOTE=xcyper33;37780812]
Quote:
Xcyper,

- Kayle, the Judicator
/QUOTE]

Kayle,

Yes, the voting will be anonymous, and there would be HEAVY security using non-partisan groups to make sure the voting remains fair and balanced. I would call it a republic: A Representative form of government.

Aside from the personal issues between your sister, one of the biggest problems was your form of government.

Under this system, your sister would have a voice, she would start her own party, and instead of a personal enemy, you two would be political enemies. She would try to sway others to see her side, meanwhile you make the case for your views. Then, you both leave it up to the people to decide which direction is the best course.

This war between you two probably wouldn't have happened under such a government.

-X
"Republic..." Kayle muttered, it had a strange ring to it as she said it out loud once more.

Xcyper,

I... can see it solving a few problems... Except the part where my people are willing to try this form of government. They are not really the most open to large changes. There might be a few willing to try this new change, but it's truly just the majority.

- Kayle, the Judicator

Quote:
Shyvana sighed.

"If... it's a nice offer. If the Institute were to fall, then I would gladly live in Demacia." But then she would shake her head, "To be honest, I don't see myself beside Prince Jarvan at all. I don't think we'd mix well."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Morgana View Post
Grr...
((Heyyyyy... I'm watching you sister...))

Ask Shyvana

05-18-2013

Quote:
"If... it's a nice offer. If the Institute were to fall, then I would gladly live in Demacia." But then she would shake her head, "To be honest, I don't see myself beside Prince Jarvan at all. I don't think we'd mix well."
Shyvana breathed a sigh of relief, which was quickly followed by a brief shake of her head, as if snapping herself out of it.

"R-right, um, anyway." She stuttered, collecting herself. "Y-yes, it might not be a flawless match, the two of you. But you are more than welcome as even a member of the Elite Guard, no doubt."

Shyvana frowned, and let out an annoyed noise, attempting to nonchalantly hide how she was just barely blushing.