Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syrupjuice

02-13-2013

I still don't really like her armor. When I read her journal pages and get to know her personality, she doesn't seem like somebody who would want to stomp around in metal armor. When I think of a lone ranger in the wilderness, flashy armor does not come to mind. That being said, I like to think that maybe her armor was awarded to her because of her performance in the field, and it acts as sort of a status symbol within the city.

I would like her skins to geared more towards her personality, like a legit ranger skin with leather armor, something that she would be comfortable in. I appreciate the detail, the styling, and the thought that went into the design... but I don't feel like it is true to the character.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisottoNero View Post
Does she looks like a ranger to you?
Looks like a ranger to me. That's definitely Leather class armor, maybe even Mail. And her summon is clearly out all the time, instead of just on a cooldown.

BooleanCube

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Yep. She's a ranger first. Not a woman first.

Place woman in traditional male creative space and there you go.
I post to add another voice in hearty agreement and approval of your design direction.
Also, I approve even more for the choice in a Repeating Crossbow. Nothing says 'My crossbow means business' more than snapping a clip into place. Can I expect a periodic clip-snapping sound effect every now and then after she finishes some autos? Or perhaps before/after a skill? Or any other sort of stress on the reloading?

Mudflap

02-13-2013

I really can't tell she's a woman from the thumbnail, and I barely can from the full view.

I have a sneaking suspicion this will be the trend with Neo-Riot, likely too scared and PC now to make an attractive or feminine looking champion anymore. Real bummer.

Pretty boring design as well honestly, another Demacian with a martial weapon? Really?

Yami arashi

02-13-2013

Parrot-sama, is there any "hint" left to say about her?, u know we are all over excited to see her in-game, something that u can tell us about her in-game performance?, any kind of champion she will be good against?, scouting, stealth detection, hard cc? any? plz Parrot >_<

chumbler

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I really can't tell she's a woman from the thumbnail, and I barely can from the full view.

I have a sneaking suspicion this will be the trend with Neo-Riot, likely too scared and PC now to make an attractive or feminine looking champion. Real bummer.
All the existing feminine looking champions (which is all of the non-Anivia female champions) aren't enough for you? It's not all about being PC. It's about making interesting characters and expanding designs away from what's already commonplace (busty, half naked supermodels in fantasy games).

And on top of that, I have a hard time seeing how someone could consider Quinn unattractive.

Toaru Baka

02-13-2013

Quote:
Some quick context:
For reference, take a look ad Deunan Knute from Appleseed.
Once again IronStylus proves why he's my favorite Rioter. But I really needed to write this paper tonight... curse you parrot ._.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

02-13-2013
7 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisottoNero View Post
Does she looks like a ranger to you?
I'll tell you what a League of Legends falcon ranger looks like.

It looks like Quinn.

Vinterheim

02-13-2013

Loving every bit of Quinn.

Montag

Player Experience Manager

02-13-2013
8 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
I do not abide by the established or the expected, neither does Riot on the whole. It is not our job to abide, it's our job to challenge the convention and question traditional execution.
I want to reiterate this, because it's super important. This is how we roll. We experiment, we try things out. We do things that seems crazy to see how they'll turn out. It's chaotic, it's creative, and it's bound to upset somebody. But it's who we are.

I hope you're along for the ride, but be prepared to feel a bump every now and then.