Anyone else a bit dissapointed with Quinn's design?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StonerSundays

02-13-2013

Here we have Ashe.
Attachment 613862

Now here is what, according to the Lore, is what Quinn should look like. Note all the Gear she is carrying. While being fully clothed.
Attachment 613863

ChaosBloodterfly

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibodee Crocket View Post
Here you go, meet the face of Leona and the bodyshape of Leona, Diana and Quinn.
Leona's face is slightly more angular. And they all have more physically toned bodies, especially Quinn. Granted she's probably an important part of his artistic inspiration, but they're not direct copies or anything (ok maybe Leona is a little bit, but still).

OneVendetta

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insectomancer View Post

EDIT: Holy ****, i leave to get some McDonalds (which is gross btw) and i come back and IronStylus wrote a novel in my thread ;u;
hmm DON'T WORRY, THE DOWNVOTES ARE HERE TO SAVE U

VexTheHex

02-13-2013

I really like it. :3

Edit- I can't upvote or downvote, it gives me some sort of invalid message. But my upvote be with you Mr. Parrot!

Detahmaio

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Here we have Ashe.
Attachment 613862

Now here is what, according to the Lore, is what Quinn should look like. Note all the Gear she is carrying. While being fully clothed.
Attachment 613863
that picture is exactly what i mean. i thought quinn would look more cooler than she does.

Adumu

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Some quick context:

Quinn used to be a guy, then I turned her into a woman.
Damn, that sucks. Don't get me wrong, I like women as much as the next hot blooded male, but I can't relate as well to them as I can with the male characters. I probably won't be picking Quinn up for that reason, I only tend to buy female humanoid champions if their mechanics interest me or I really like their playstyle. (Zyra was an instabuy because I got yelled at for picking Heimer too much. And the four-plant bursts were terribly fun. Elise was picked up solely to piss off my arachnophobe friend. Evelynn because I decided to grab a bunch of stealth champs. So on and so on.)

I dunno. I guess it's just more satisfying to play a male character for me than it is to play a female. I mean, when I'm playing Garen I'm like "Yeah, I feel you bro. Big sword, big armor, big damage. DEMACIA!"

When I play Leona (Only on her free weeks, waiting till she's 4800 to buy her because that was one of the most entertaining weeks of my League life.), I'm happy with the way her kit feels, I play well, I feel stronk because I can tank all the things. But I really don't get into it like I do when I'm playing, say, Draven. Or Varus. Or Malzahar. Or Vladimir.

... Long story short, I wish Quinn had remained a male.

StonerSundays

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detahmaio View Post
that picture is exactly what i mean. i thought quinn would look more cooler than she does.
Right? She's a tracker, she should have a bag, traps exc. Not be fully armored up like shes going to hold the keep Doors.

Rowanoake

02-13-2013

i don't especially know how to wade into the gender issues, but I like Quinn's look, I like Ironstylus' style, and having seen the art, I'm excited to see the Champion.
In regards to her design, i know Ironstylus favors the functional (no high heels, metal bras, etc) and Quinn's hood bothers me.
I feel like it would interfere with her vision, especially as a marksman (maybe jumping to conclusions, but I assume she fires the crossbow she's holding.) This bothers me about Ashe too-- they both have overhangs which come down their faces to shade their eyes. I know *some* shade is ideal for shooting, but it looks like it's more than some, and that their peripheral vision would be impaired as well.
but all I have to go on a personal preferences, and I've always gone bareheaded, so I don't really know the line between "enough" and "too much."

Chibodee Crocket

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Right? She's a tracker, she should have a bag, traps exc. Not be fully armored up like shes going to hold the keep Doors.
What are you talking about man? Iron Stylus is right plate armor and bright colors make for a great scout and crossbow user. Who needs mobility and practicality when you are advancing women's rights.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowanoake View Post
i don't especially know how to wade into the gender issues, but I like Quinn's look, I like Ironstylus' style, and having seen the art, I'm excited to see the Champion.
In regards to her design, i know Ironstylus favors the functional (no high heels, metal bras, etc) and Quinn's hood bothers me.
I feel like it would interfere with her vision, especially as a marksman (maybe jumping to conclusions, but I assume she fires the crossbow she's holding.) This bothers me about Ashe too-- they both have overhangs which come down their faces to shade their eyes. I know *some* shade is ideal for shooting, but it looks like it's more than some, and that their peripheral vision would be impaired as well.
but all I have to go on a personal preferences, and I've always gone bareheaded, so I don't really know the line between "enough" and "too much."
As an archer and a fan of hoodies--No, the hoods are fine. But it's not like she'd need to keep it up anyway. The issue is that she can't wear it even if she wanted to, because of the stupid helmet obsession.