Soraka fails to make the mark.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Desit

08-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoph View Post
This would make her imba in the start of a match. You can run around nuking and healing yourself while giving mana. No meele will stand a chance against this. Maybe if her mana move would also clense debuffs like stuns or snares she would be seen in better light.
True, maybe remove the mana replenish thing, and add a debuff/nuke. Maybe they should give her a passive like obsidian destroyer in DotA like when you cast a spell you have an X % chance to get some mana back?

Logo

08-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoph View Post
I like your creativity! but her ult isn't as useless as everyone suggests. It stacks so well with ability power that I'm healing for around 1k by the end of a decent length match. 1k x 5 heroes is plenty to turn the tide of a battle. (sorry for over posting but she's my fav. champion so far)
Yeah the 2x AP factor is really sweet for her ult and being global it's pretty handy if you have good map awareness. I really don't find any of her skills to be useless but that's just me.

Another possibility if she is deemed to weak is to look at the debuff portion of starfall. Does it stack currently? Maybe it should stack up to 3-4 stacks allow for her to actually contribute a pretty sizable magic debuff over the course of a fight.

Booom

08-03-2009

I like the original thread post idea very much. I think the changes should be implemented. Also, if they could make her scale more to late game, that would be great!

Stoph

08-03-2009

hmm i'm hesitant to give the OP a nod due the fact that it seems that people are trying to turn her into an offensive character. There are plenty of offensive Champions if that is what you're looking for.

If she gets a single target nuke or whatever, how will she farm? If you're focusing on healing you can still get a few ranks of starcall and make some cash on hurt mobs, but if that is ditched for some hero incap move than her source of income will disapear.

her passive isn't all too great, so yeah that could use some tweaking. Maybe if it scaled with her level it would be useful.

Anfhann

Adjudicator

08-04-2009

I feel like Soraka is great when your team is winning and poor when your team is losing.

If a tank on your team can go kill someone by themselves, Soraka can help them survive easier and be ready to kill the next person faster. She sustains a good push incredibly well.

If your team happens to be down a couple kills and levels, the heal isn't going to make a difference, individual people die too quickly. The mana doesn't really matter in a fight, only in the recovery. If Soraka was swapped out for a DPS and managed to kill / run off an enemy 15% sooner a lot more damage would be prevented than just with Soraka's heal. Soraka kind of disappears.

I've been playing Soraka a good bit. When we win I get plenty of credit and compliments from my team about good healing and thanks for the mana. And the other team complains. When we lose my team complains about how much a feeder Soraka is and how little a contribution I make.

Oh, and the ultimate is what makes it for me. I love seeing everybody's health bar jump in the midst of all the chaos of a team fight.

Ron Fendo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2009

Her 3 bad skills as you say are def overshadowed by infuse and Wish which are arguably the 2 best skills in the game in the hands of a capable player.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfhann View Post
If your team happens to be down a couple kills and levels, the heal isn't going to make a difference, individual people die too quickly. The mana doesn't really matter in a fight, only in the recovery. If Soraka was swapped out for a DPS and managed to kill / run off an enemy 15% sooner a lot more damage would be prevented than just with Soraka's heal. Soraka kind of disappears.
That's pretty much the risk/reward of playing her. Being heavy support, she relies more on her team more than just about any hero. She can only push lanes without them, but that certainly won't stop a 5 man steamroll.

Putting her with a good harasser early is godly, though. That's a great way to get a few champs behind in level.

Syco

08-04-2009

I think the main reason like several other people have stated that people find her underpowered is because they're stuck with teams that aren't really the best and when you play a support hero if you have no one good to support you're useless. She is definitely very reliant on her team and she would be a horrible solo and it'd be a waste of her abilities. Giving mana during fights is also pretty useful actually have you ever played as anvina when they use their AoE spell that 250(?) mana lets it last a little longer which can be useful not to mention giving a dps/tank hero mana for their stuns or spells during the fight allows them to use more. Her starcall isn't meant to be used on her own it's meant to be used with your allies near so that way their spells hurt them more making a gank or team fight much better. There's also the fact her ultimate gets a ~huge buff from her ability power additions which causes a terrific amount of healing for everyone on your team which is easily one of the best skills in the game if not the best for team play... I wouldn't really call her overpowered or underpowered at all she's fine as is in my eyes it'd be nice for a very slight dmg buff on starcall but even without it it is useful still people just obsess for the most part at either being the person getting all the kills or taking all the pain and if a hero can't do that they find them weak because they aren't support player types. Being a support player is a certain type of playstyle and personality is needed and isn't nearly as common as tank and carry hero types are so she gets underestimated but she IS a tide turner and IS one of the best heroes in game at least in my eyes because she is such a team player. I love playing her and I'm one of those people who actually knows how to use her so yes I've got a bias opinion and I can't deny that.

Her HoT is useful use it before the fight not during to allow tanks to tank better then use it on the person getting picked on that's not tank for better survival on them.

Her starcall is great for weakening for the nukers to be of more use and teamfight AoE spells but using it for her and her alone is useless.

Her infuse is easily the best skill in game early-mid game because that infinite mana and it can be given quite a lot and if your team is intelligent to keep that pressure up or lane jump to continue pushing towers down.

Her Wish cmon I'm not even going into this one again everyone in the game that'll be worth even a cent knows how good this skill is and others have explained it.

Her passive... yeah that I'd like to see changed a little but it is moderately useful to certain degrees

Rokk

08-04-2009

I've been playing a few games with Soraka lately and one of my biggest complaints about her is that she's just not fun to play. I'm used to playing more support roles in games like these and one of the things that makes it a lot more fun is to mix a decent offense in with your support. Take omniknight for example: he can sit back and heal someone low, or if you wait for the right time you can contribute pretty significantly to the damage of the team while still providing amazing support.

Soraka provides such significant buffs to the team that she can very easily be a game-changer. I think a bit of a redesign would go a long way to making her still provide a large amount of support while still being interesting and fun to play. In her current incarnation you're basically just spamming cooldowns as soon as their up on whichever target needs it. The lack of timing needed to excell at Soraka makes playing her get boring quickly.

Also I'm not sure what people are talking about when they say she's succeptable to 5man ganks. First of all, almost every champion is going to get rolled by a 4-5 person gank. Second of all, what Sorakas sit around in a lane by themselves? Teams that know what they're doing with Soraka are going to stick together, push early, push hard, and never stop because they have infinite mp. If you're farming in a lane by yourself to get ganked, you're doing it wrong.

Here's some feedback I have on her current skills:

Her passive is really boring. A lot of characters have interesting passives that really set them apart or add to their playstyle. She gives nearby champions a static 16 magic resistance throughout the entire game. Sure, it fits her playstyle a bit, but it doesn't really do anything an item wouldn't do, and the lack of scaling is pretty different from all other passives.

Her starcall ability plain sucks. If you get it early to farm, you're sacrificing huge amounts of support with early levels of mp refresh and regen. Also, she is not item dependant at all, so she doesn't really need the farming ability. Even at max rank, it does a pathetic amount of damage. In a teamfight, why would Soraka want to be close enough to hit this spell multiple times? She'd be more vulnerable to CC and burst. She's far more valuable to the team staying back to provide constant regen and mp restore and a clutch global heal at the right time.

Her regen I think is fine. It is strong early and mid game and suffers late game. Perhaps to combat this the armor it provides should scale more? Giving 30 armor at all ranks seems rather odd considering how most spells scale.

Her mp restore is overpowered. Soraka will always lane with someone with a spamable move, and that character will have infinite mp. It completely dominiates whatever lane she is in. It makes pushes possible that would in no other way be possible. The team with Soraka will never have to return to the fountain to get mp, and with infinite regens they likely won't have to go back to heal either. The weakened players can just stay back for a few regens and then rejoin the fray, still offering support depending on their skills.

Her global heal is strong, but I don't think it needs to be changed at all. The 2:1 AP scaling is very nice given her poor ability to farm.