Jarvan IV nerfing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eraydon

Recruiter

02-13-2013

So what with the forums being a clutter now of ragers about the inevitable incoming nerfs to xin, j4, and vi, there is one thing that everyone has been saying and I agree with:

Vi needs a nerf. --agreed. Her kit and natural power is quite incredible. I don't think she is some "terror", but there are few LoL players who are going to argue with RIOT here.

Xin needs a little nerf-- Xin has always done very well picking up kills while just building tanky. I don't think he's in drastic need of nerfs-- the bigger problem is the stacking health meta, not as much xin himself. He's just benefiting exceptionally well from the stacking health meta. If you nerf xin to deal with the meta, when the meta leaves, xin is definitely going to need a buff.

J4 does NOT need a nerf.-- And this is what most RIOT players are saying. The stacking health does not add to j4's power, just his tankiness-- which means item dependence. With less armor stacking and more health stacking, j4's Q of armor reduction has been far less valuable. J4's passive does not benefit from attack speed so he can only deal 10% every so often to the same champ-- very well balanced. J4's W (the shield/slow) only becomes very beneficial when it gets close to being maxed /and/ when he is surrounded by more enemies. The e has long sense been fine. And then J4's infamous ult that everyone and their mother can flash or use skills to get out of. Nerfing J4? No. Not at all. And those are the perfectly good reasons why most LoL players are arguing that it is completely unnecessary.

Pawstruck

02-13-2013

Thanks for making an entire thread just to give your opinion. We need more of these.

Funniest part was when you called the forums a "clutter of ragers" and then made yourself into the very thing you criticized. Haha. 2/10

adrftw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

They use J4 mostly with mf to ult on top of each other.

killerbunny56

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
Thanks for making an entire thread just to give your opinion. We need more of these.

Funniest part was when you called the forums a "clutter of ragers" and then made yourself into the very thing you criticized. Haha. 2/10
He is raging how? He brings up good points. I agree OP

Pawstruck

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbunny56 View Post
He is raging how? He brings up good points. I agree OP
By his moronic definition of raging ("disagreeing with Riot," apparently, because all the threads against the J4 nerfs are about as well-reasoned as his and none contain "rage" that I've seen yet), yes. That's the point.

Good job missing it, though. Seems idiots of a feather flock together.

Shinrasaa

02-13-2013

I agree. I understand Vi and Xin Zhao, but Jarvan doesn't seem OP. The only thing that made him stronger is Warmogs(Health stacking) and he's only more popular right now because of his new skin, not because he's super gamebreakingly OP

Kasside

02-13-2013

The only thing broken on Jarvan is his ult, and not in the overpowered way either. That thing is buggy as all hell.

YDemon

02-13-2013

a champion who had been nerfed patches in a row right after release and then never receiving meaningful buffs, have THE glitchest ult in the game, mediocre stats as an melee, and 1 of his skills not scaling with ap/ad at all. and now he is op

Matter of Course

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
By his moronic definition of raging ("disagreeing with Riot," apparently, because all the threads against the J4 nerfs are about as well-reasoned as his and none contain "rage" that I've seen yet), yes. That's the point.

Good job missing it, though. Seems idiots of a feather flock together.
OP never defines raging in his post as disagreeing with Riot, you are a bit quick to pull the trigger on calling others an idiot, when in fact you may be one yourself.

I for one think OP did a decent job of explaining how he felt about the potential upcoming nerfs, without the rage inherent in some of the other "OMG XIN/J4 NERFS" threads.

That being said, I agree with OP's opinion that Vi's kit is too strong inherently and she deserves a nerf to bring her down a bit, hopefully they won't go overboard and make her... unVIable.

Xin is benefiting from the current meta and itemization, and while he may be a tad too strong in general. I think nerfing him while ignoring the greater problem is a poor choice; but, it is much easier to nerf Xin than it is to rebalance the itemization, so that's what they will do.

Jarvan the IV, well... I think everyone else has already covered why he shouldn't really be nerfed. Maybe they could give him a different ultimate if they're never going to fix the current one AND it is suddenly OP even though J4 has been in this state for quite some time.

TheOnlyJaces

02-13-2013

Well explained and agreed to all.

Xin is fine the way it is. People just cry cuz they lose to a strong 1v1 champion while trying to solo it....
Health is just OP right now ...