Birth of a Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Itsmedemo

02-12-2013

It would make my day is a red saw this...

I would love to see a "documentary" style video which shows the entire life cycle of a champion's creation. It starts at brainstorming in a meeting, and it ends with the champion launching. So you see the initial thoughts about the "look and feel of the character", we see the discussion that occurs about the kit he/she may have. We see the iteration that occurs as they try to find a kit that works. We see the animators working to bring the original sketch to life, while we see the splash artists working on a beautiful splash image that really represents that character. We see the developers working to balance the kit in game. We see the music team work on the champion's splash music. We see the audio team work with the voice actor to find the right voice for the champion. We see the sound team find all the right sounds for the champion's abilities and attacks. And finally we see the finished product: the champion.

Riot has never done anything like this, and I think it would be pretty awesome. Obviously it would not be released until the champion itself launches. But what a way to launch a champion. Or perhaps it could be released as part of an anniversary or some event.

Anyway, upvote if you think it would be neato, and I would eat a thousand Teemo shrooms if it meant a red posted here with their thoughts!

RuSK47

02-12-2013

I would love to see this

spooky skelenton

02-12-2013

birth of a poop

yo guys didn get the joke u see its funy cuz u poop

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmedemo View Post
It would make my day is a red saw this...

I would love to see a "documentary" style video which shows the entire life cycle of a champion's creation. It starts at brainstorming in a meeting, and it ends with the champion launching. So you see the initial thoughts about the "look and feel of the character", we see the discussion that occurs about the kit he/she may have. We see the iteration that occurs as they try to find a kit that works. We see the animators working to bring the original sketch to life, while we see the splash artists working on a beautiful splash image that really represents that character. And finally we see the finished product: the champion.

Riot has never done anything like this, and I think it would be pretty awesome. Obviously it would not be released until the champion itself launches. But what a way to launch a champion. Or perhaps it could be released as part of an anniversary or some event.

Anyway, upvote if you think it would be neato, and I would eat a thousand Teemo shrooms if it meant a red posted here with their thoughts!
That's a lotta shrooms...............

Itsmedemo

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamspitter View Post
That's a lotta shrooms...............
I suppose it is...! But worth it!!

I updated the OP a bit with some of the things the video could have. I really do feel like there is a ton of potential here. It would be pretty awesome.

ManDudeMcDudeman

02-12-2013

I'd love to see a Riot-made editorial that literally described a champion's birth; including the trip to the hospital and twelve hours of screaming and pushing.

Itsmedemo

02-12-2013

C'mon red give your feedback! I know this has potential!

Luseria

02-12-2013

riot pls

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

02-13-2013

bump

Itsmedemo

02-13-2013

Who wants to see this?!