Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Idea: Champion Loyalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2 Swainz

02-13-2013

Quote:
Hvidskygge:
And what about those guys, that despite their efforts, will never be able to obtain it? A slap to the face with their favorite champion. A little award they will maybe never get and on top of it all, a thought haunting them "You will never be good enough"

Just saying. I mean, people gotta complain

It's a reward for the qualified, just like that Diamond/Challenger division badge. It could help motivate them to be better players.

Rhai

02-13-2013

Quote:
RentalDeception:
It's a reward for the qualified, just like that Diamond/Challenger division badge. It could help motivate them to be better players.

And what if they will never be good enough? Being qualified to being a great player and being good with a champion is 2 different things, no?

2 Swainz

02-13-2013

Quote:
Hvidskygge:
And what if they will never be good enough? Being qualified to being a great player and being good with a champion is 2 different things, no?

I still don't see your point, your basically saying "we shouldn't have money because some people will never be millionaires". All you can do is try to get better and work your way towards that goal. Some people will make it, some wont. It's a reward for hard work - it would lose its meaning if it was given to everyone.

The Itis

02-13-2013

Horrible idea, encourages instalocking

2 Swainz

02-13-2013

Quote:
The Itis:
Horrible idea, encourages instalocking

Instalocking in itself is a problem to be dealt with, you shouldn't be allowed to lock in for the first 30 seconds or something. But you are right, and I asked for potential solutions in the post.

MTempty

02-13-2013

I like it.

Crs Zyanide

02-13-2013

bump

DeathInvoker

02-13-2013

Could be really good, and show the others that you're great with a unloved champ like Xerath, Karma or Urgot; or that just you can wreck them all with a strong champ.

Me: I'll support *picks Nami*
Random Guy: Nami is trash blahblahblah...
Me: Just wait...
*sees border of Nami loyalty, and then my good Nami work*
Me: See? Nami is very good after all :P

I approve and bump.

2 Swainz

02-13-2013

Quote:
RokudoKou:
Sounds cool but as the ranked border, it should be shown in the loading screen

The point of it is mainly to reassure people during champion selection so I was thinking just the champ select screen would be fine, there's already enough too look at in the loading screen.

Pratora

02-13-2013

I like this idea but my computer will not let me up vote so I'll just bump instead.