Idea: Champion Loyalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigRichard

02-12-2013

Interesting, bump

Faptain Teemo

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by liHDlGinzo View Post
bumped cause teemo.

SLayerOfNOOB

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentalDeception View Post
This is an idea I pieced together from some old threads I remember reading and from some other games.

Basically, you could become "loyal" to a champion after meeting a set of requirements that champion, i.e. a certain number of wins, win rate, games played, etc.

Upon meeting these criteria, you gain a gold/plat/diamond (depending on the level of loyalty obtained) border around your champion icon in champ select. As with the portrait borders, they would only be shown to your team (to prevent the enemy team from getting scared). This is just to show people that you are experienced and knowledgeable in that champion. This would help out especially with people who main less common champs that are sometimes frowned upon. As an extra bonus, it could unlock something like a exclusive champ quote.

One potential downside to this is some people would only play one champ. If you have any potential solutions to this, I'd love to hear them. I'd suggest having a minimum win rate requirement so people don't just spam tons of games.

Edit: One concern people seem to have is people will look down upon people without borders. It was originally thought this would happen to ranked borders too, but it's really not a common problem. The requirements would be quite difficult to reach so that people who have a border are looked up to rather than people without a border being looked down on. It wouldn't be something that just everyone has, it would have to show true dedication to a champ.

Also, normal games could count, but ranked games would be weighted much more heavily towards obtaining loyalty.

Feedback/criticism appreciated.

Edit: 50 Upvotes
I Upvoted, but riot won't implement this, because the function you are looking for is already covered by champion skins. If you see that the enemy has a skin, you assume that the champ they are playing is one of their most played (and usually this is true).

Skins make money for riot, your idea probably wouldnt.

2 Swainz

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLayerOfNOOB View Post
I Upvoted, but riot won't implement this, because the function you are looking for is already covered by champion skins. If you see that the enemy has a skin, you assume that the champ they are playing is one of their most played (and usually this is true).

Skins make money for riot, your idea probably wouldnt.
I know Riot probably wont implement this, as they don't implement most of the ideas posted on the forums, but I still wanted to throw it out there. Also, anyone could buy a skin. I see lots of people play champs with skins on the first day they are released, and a skin doesn't guarantee you are good/have a certain win rate with that champ.

LastCenturien

02-13-2013

I want my loyalty rewards!

zBluRrYz

02-13-2013

I love it

Pyrodruid

02-13-2013

I like the idea. I personally think the requirements should be % wins and a minimum number of games played with the champ. Additionally I think it should decay after a while so there's no "I haven't played her since she was nerfed 6 months ago, don't want to lose my boarder".

Have we considered having the champion's icon usable as your summoner icon if you earn it?

Nakawaka

02-13-2013

Or you can chose to toggle it on or off. The profiles could use more customization.

Djiimon

02-13-2013

BUmp

I Zanthrax I

02-13-2013

I have an alternative idea...what about on champion select have a drop down for each person that shows their best characters...so straight away all 5 people can look at all other 5 players who their say top 5 characters are? Might promote teamwork from champ select...

What do you guys think?