Idea: Champion Loyalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slyhidden

02-12-2013

It's a nice idea... if we had a nice community.

We already have so many people who go "MID OR I FEED MID TEEMO I CALL MID" and literally only play one or two champs, gimping the team.

That, and that people would inevitably argue in champ select. Second pick calls jungle, picks Lee Sin, has no border. Third pick picks Nocturne, has a plat border, tells him that he's better and that he'll jungle. Now, before, without the borders, people would just rage at the third pick, because Lee Sin had already called and locked first. But with the borders, it's likely that they'll rage at Lee Sin for not letting the supposedly better jungler jungle.

It's a very nice idea, but it brings problems to the area of the game most riddled with problems: Champ Select.

Kato75

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

I can already predict Riot's response

Not top priority now LoL

Valtyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Bump Very good idea

Numot

02-12-2013

I love this, a way to really show your good with a champ without needing to explain. Thank god for Thresh, I can use him just aswell if not better then I could use Blitz. Oddly enough Thresh pull seems easier to hit with, maybe it is because Blitz has been banned for so long that no one knows how to dodge it anymore.

Evangelene

02-12-2013

Hehe i'd have on on mf for sure! bump

Riaklos

02-12-2013

I like this but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylnaz View Post
good idea but this will happen

"GG, JUNGLER NO GOLD WITH NOCTURNE /REPORT"

SSj Heimerdinger

02-12-2013

bumped cause teemo.

AldrickExGladius

02-12-2013

Here's a thought: There's a certain greyed out tab in the profile section of the client. How about it contains a picture of all your champs and they get a small star(bronze, silver, etc) in the corner of their picture when you meet certain achievements(10 wins, 20 wins, 50, 100, etc). At the end of a match it'll show the color of the star next to the picture of your champ. No one feels bad at the loading screen and people at the end might ask for advice on how to play your champ if they see you have a high ranking star next to it.

I really like the idea though, just needs a few minor tweaks.

King Chrom

02-12-2013

Awesome Idea

Lord Graves III

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyhidden View Post
It's a nice idea... if we had a nice community.

We already have so many people who go "MID OR I FEED MID TEEMO I CALL MID" and literally only play one or two champs, gimping the team.

That, and that people would inevitably argue in champ select. Second pick calls jungle, picks Lee Sin, has no border. Third pick picks Nocturne, has a plat border, tells him that he's better and that he'll jungle. Now, before, without the borders, people would just rage at the third pick, because Lee Sin had already called and locked first. But with the borders, it's likely that they'll rage at Lee Sin for not letting the supposedly better jungler jungle.

It's a very nice idea, but it brings problems to the area of the game most riddled with problems: Champ Select.
Contrary to popular belief, a team can survive with 2 ADCs. Hell, there are plenty of ADCs who can survive or even rock top lane and mid lane.

It encourages people to be good at their champions rather than a specific lane. Im not sure if this is a direction riot would want to go in, but I personally would. You can't develop an attachment and emotional response to a lane, but people do this with champions constantly.