Idea: Champion Loyalty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2 Swainz

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaedo View Post
Bump! However I have two problems/concerns

1) Will the game requirements for the champion loyalty border be exclusive to ranked? What I mean is, is it only possible to receive a border through games played in ranked?

If so then that would be a problem. It would make people, as you have said, only grind with one champion. While this isn't necessarily always a bad thing, it does limit a team if many different people want to grind with their own champion. Also if a person were to join a game and pick a popular champ like Darius, someone he would like to get a loyalty border for, he would almost always be pushed out for another who already has one, making it very difficult for him to ever grind his way towards his border.

If the requirements were not restricted to any style of match, or map, it would be much easier for a person to play the champion they wanted and therefore be able to get the border they desperately want.

2) Will there be tiers?

If not, it could be just like Honorable Opponent when it came out. Lots of people have it, making it lose its meaning. If there were tiers it would make it much more apparent just how knowledgeable they are with that champion, which is really what the whole system is about.
These are very good questions that I did not address. 1) I would say that normal games could count, but ranked games should count for probably 2 or 3 times as much as normal games do.

2) Yes, gold/plat/diamond is what I originally had in mind but that could obviously be changed.

Yazkin

02-12-2013

i like the idea, but instead of a border, could we get some type of bolded and tiered name of the champion? Like copper/silver/gold/diamond/flame(platinum is kind of hard to tell from silver)

DevilOfSadness

02-12-2013

Always wanted something like this..man my Jarvan would be diamond tier lol.

IndecisivePlayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

fking borderless nidalee i hope you die in lego

Ozlin

02-12-2013

sounds great- if only it wouldn't encourage instalockers...

Kanye Breast

02-12-2013

bump because i love this idea

TerasDominicus

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylnaz View Post
good idea but this will happen

"GG, JUNGLER NO GOLD WITH NOCTURNE /REPORT"

And this person will be ignored.

I don't see the problem.

ChowskyOnTheRoof

02-12-2013

Bump

Xaedo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentalDeception View Post
These are very good questions that I did not address. 1) I would say that normal games could count, but ranked games should count for probably 2 or 3 times as much as normal games do.

2) Yes, gold/plat/diamond is what I originally had in mind but that could obviously be changed.
Thanks for answering my questions! I find these solutions to be quite fitting

Arc Kalocal

02-12-2013

It sounds like a fun idea but I worry that people will see it as one more reason to troll if you DIDNT have a border around your champ