Patch 3.02 Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakexionyx

02-16-2013

Why nerf Liandry's torment again??!! I main Swain and Anivia, and the unique passive plus AP and health works perfectly on them (especially when the passives procs off of their DOT's, slows and snare/stun. However with the AP being reduced more more and more, they are less viable now against other AP items that pack more of a punch.
Also, I found DFG's passive CD reduction fantastic, and in need of CD and lots of AP on most mage builds, the reduced passive makes it seem less attractive; when I want to get 1 CD reduction item + masteries and Blue buff to max my CD late game.

mambawarrior0

02-16-2013

O.o am i the only one who noticed the CC indicators?

Nessaroze

02-16-2013

Have they finally fixed the lag spike issues?

Bmber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-16-2013

[LIST][*]Ashe[LIST][*]Focus is no longer consumed when attacking wards

Just OP !

Aseitoso

02-16-2013

Hi, i just wanted to let u know that i really appreciate the opportunity that League of legends brings to
me to make my daily life a little better. Thanks to this spectacular game i've known lots of people and made
some really good friends. I think one of the ovjetives of this game is to make really good friends, friends
u can trust, friends that hears u, friends that will always be there to enjoy a good fight in the battelfield.
I learned a lot of things playing Lol, and those things are humility, honor, teamwork and pacience. I know this
is just a game, but if everyone applies those thing this world would be a bit better. I writing this
coz we always have time to complain about things but we never use time to say thank u, to say that things were
done great, and to say please keep it that way that u re making this going better for lots of people.

pls if u can send this to any of the heads of League of Legends ill be really greatfull. Sry for my english,
i'm from Argentina and im triyng hard to write properly
CYA!!!

Mariano Mauvecin
Nickname: Aseitoso

Beaumains

02-16-2013

Nasus: "We want to help out Nasus' laning phase, so we're going to nerf his laning phase, but buff his end-game."

Riven: "Riven is too strong and snowbally, so we're going to nerf her. But we want her to be able to recover better, so we're going to nerf her again."

In other news, Karthus, Vladimir, and Malzahar really like this patch.

[EDIT]: Odd that Riot seems to think that a tool designed to do unlimited (potential) damage can do "too much damage." What Nasus really needs to improve his laning phase is a better way to deal with pre-6 harrassment, reducing the mana costs and increasing cast range is great - and makes sense - but it's just icing on the cake; especially since Nasus players usually max Siphoning Strike last. Similarly, if Riven's recovery is to be improved, a better answer is to remove the restriction on her splash damage altogether.

Rainbowgasm

02-16-2013

Nasus doesn't need a buff, he needs a remake so he can be viable on other maps besides summoner's rift, and even then only in a certain situation.

Beaumains

02-16-2013

@RiotAether, @Morello:

I really do have to agree that removing the halving restriction on Liandry's for dots & aoes was not a good idea, and especially mobile dot-aoes cough*Defile*cough, since that probably re-procs one everybody on every tic, which means it will probably be doing much more damage than anticipated, especially with the base damage buff (to 2%). As someone who doesn't want to see Karth, Malz, Vlad, Brand, Fidd, and many others needlessly nerfed because of this one particular abuse, I suggest reverting that restriction. It is the norm now that melee typically sees better effects than ranged, that single-target sees more than multi-target (esp. aoe), and that instants see better effects than dots (e.g. spellvamp, slows, etc.), this is purposeful as it creates a tradeoff between advantages, where if you could get all the goods with a ranged aoe-dot, that would become the de-facto (and I'm guessing we'll see Liandry's become required now). In the interest of preserving diversity of builds, and diversity of champions, the base buff on Liandry's is welcome, but the distinction between damage forms needs to be retained.

As for the CDR pattern, my concern is that the 4% CDR mastery becomes superfluous, nay wasted, end game, and while I can't speak for every player, I for one prefer efficient builds (as efficiency maximizes effectiveness). Given the availability of CDR (blue buff, blue pot, etc.), there really should be some way to solve this issue. Off-hand I can think of 2 possibilities: 1) return some items to 15% CDR status, while retaining others at their current CDR level (so that runes + 2 items + pot? = 40%), or 2) move CDR up the mastery tree and buff it to 8-11%.

Beaumains

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th StormRider View Post
Nasus doesn't need a buff, he needs a remake so he can be viable on other maps besides summoner's rift, and even then only in a certain situation.
I'd prefer a revert (back to when he was mADC material), but barring that, a remake may sadly be required - though "remake" seems to have become all but synonymous with "through-the-floor kill-nerf."

Agent Mist

02-16-2013

It shows Attack Range!
I can know when their going to dive, and when to dive on them