How to build Akali Support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thrisel

Member

03-05-2013

don't akali isn't a support


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HeXiiS

Senior Member

03-05-2013

if you are forced to go bot lane because of a troll, pick a different champ. going bot because you were forced is not an excuse to play akali bot.

build - sightstone -kages - sorc boots - revolver - rylais - gunblade.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mattnewman420

Recruiter

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHighwindx View Post
Play Alistar instead.
You obviously didn't read the whole thread. Such ignorance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mattnewman420

Recruiter

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrisel View Post
don't akali isn't a support
You obviously didn't read the whole thread either. Maybe you should next time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mattnewman420

Recruiter

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeXiiS View Post
if you are forced to go bot lane because of a troll, pick a different champ. going bot because you were forced is not an excuse to play akali bot.

build - sightstone -kages - sorc boots - revolver - rylais - gunblade.
You can't pick a different champ if you were first pick and the troll is last pick. Going bot because you were forced is an excuse to play Akali at bot so you're wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mystical Lighter

Member

03-14-2013

I don't say this often but. Uninstall league.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeCKS Egai

Senior Member

03-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattnewman420 View Post
You're a terribly wrong. Any champion can go support. Picking her as a support would mean you're either doing a kill lane or you were forced to go there because of a troll.
I'm not wrong. A kill lane doesn't require a support. Being forced to go bot lane probably means someone should have been the better person and compromised. Consider the commentary in this thread has basically stated you don't play her as a support, it's pretty clear her kit isn't designed to function as a support what so ever, she's an assassin.

I've seen le-blanc run by challenger tier level player as a support - but she can silence, root, and slow on top of her burst damage.

Akali doesn't even begin to kick into gear till level 6.

But seriously, it's pretty stubborn to tell people they're wrong when just about everyone in the thread disagrees with you, in a guide forum no less.

Over 400 games and still in bronze... you'd think you'd be more willing to compromise with a team instead of assuming first pick gets what they want. I've run support first pick when I main adc just for the sake of the team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChiefClive

Senior Member

03-14-2013

Play Lulu instead.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illuminati anon

Member

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Lighter View Post
I don't say this often but. Uninstall league.
You're obviously jealous and ignorant. GTFO.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Densuo

Senior Member

03-20-2013

Build Sightstone first. Supports gotta rock the wards
Kate's lucky pick for cash second. As Akali likes to go in i believe later making it a Shard of True Ice or Twin shadows will allow for plays.

Aegis of the legion. A support staple needs no explaining. Ask jungler if they are building this.
Locket of Solari. Another staple item. Very spammable. Get this if your jungler builds aegis.
Will of the ancients. Akali is ap and you'll likely have an ap top plus ap mid. Those should make sense.


Sightstone/ruby Sightstone and Kage's into twin shadows or Shard are the two you will build each round.

Then its either Aegis or Locket depending on team.

Will of the Ancients i believe will be a must have given the mid Akali and likely ap top. Even more so if your adc is Tristana.

Your boots is a judgement call dependant on your playstyle and needs.

Your 6th slot will likely be for pink wards and oracles as you're playing support... Unless your adc fails terribly and you plan to make like Zyra and transition from support.

Id say order
Regeneration bead wards and pots
Sightstone +2 wards
Kage and cloth armor and a pink ward
Emblem of valor and ruby Sightstone
Aegis
Boots of choice
True ice or twin shadows.
Will of ancients.

Runes: the usual for supports
Armor marks
Armor seals
MR runes
Gold quints

Masteries:
Usual support stuff. Take pickpocket!

Edit: Akali has a skill making her invisible. Expect anyone with game knowledge to pink the lane. bring pinks to counter. Should allow free pickpocket and harras.