Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Promotional Series"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bungboy

02-12-2013

What a joke, how am I supposed to "promote" if every game has either a feeder, a troll, or a leaver? And then after dropping out of my promotional, I go from 100 points to a whopping 48? Like, are you ****ing kidding me? http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/32530876#history

Kyuubey

02-12-2013

Quote:
Bungboy:
What a joke, how am I supposed to "promote" if every game has either a feeder, a troll, or a leaver?

Use the fact that every game has one to your advantage.
It should be easy, considering that there's a 56% chance said feeder, troll, or leaver is on the enemy team.

TuckerP

02-12-2013

Bump

Bungboy

02-12-2013

Quote:
LunarRai:
It should be easy, considering that there's a 56% chance said feeder, troll, or leaver is on the enemy team.

So by that logic, I should be able to win 3 out of 5 games because I have a 56% chance to win? Is that what you're saying? I have a lower chance to win, no matter how skilled I am because I have to win 3 out of those 5 games, otherwise I get knocked right back down and made absolutely no progress at all. Just now I lost 3 in a row in my gold promo, and ALL 3 games not a single one of my teammates even went positive, and all 3 games my top laner had ~300 ping and didn't even get 100 cs by 30 min. The best is when the trolls make you feel like **** by calling you bad when you have double their cs, 10x better mechanics, and half their deaths.

HlV Positive

02-12-2013

Quote:
Bungboy:
So by that logic, I should be able to win 3 out of 5 games because I have a 56% chance to win? Is that what you're saying? I have a lower chance to win, no matter how skilled I am because I have to win 3 out of those 5 games, otherwise I get knocked right back down and made absolutely no progress at all. Just now I lost 3 in a row in my gold promo, and ALL 3 games not a single one of my teammates even went positive. The best is when the trolls make you feel like **** by calling you bad when you have double their cs, 10x better mechanics, and half their deaths.

You have a lower win chance because you have to win? What?

Bungboy

02-12-2013

Quote:
Haxwe:
You have a lower win chance because you have to win? What?

No. I have a lower chance to win my promotional series of 3/5 games than to lose it, because I have to be counting on my team to not be trolls, feeders, or leavers (which happens at the very least 1/3 of the games I play).

AD Carry Only

02-12-2013

Quote:
LunarRai:

stfu bro you know thats not ****ing true
match up can't be cauculated by your bull**** formula

HlV Positive

02-12-2013

Quote:
Bungboy:
No. I have a lower chance to win my promotional series of 3/5 games than to lose it, because I have to be counting on my team to not be trolls, feeders, or leavers (which happens at the very least 1/3 of the games I play).

No, you have a higher chance. Since you aren't a troll or AFK or feeder, there's more of a chance one will be on the other team.

HlV Positive

02-12-2013

Quote:
Rea:
stfu bro you know thats not ****ing true
match up can't be cauculated by your bull**** formula

Lol fack math it never did anything for me!!!!!!!!!! Let me guess, you used that excuse when you failed algebra 1?

notSoinan

02-12-2013

Quote:
LunarRai:

Careful, GD hates logic. Let me explain this to everyone: Lets assume you are never the troll or leaver. That leaves 9 players to potentially be the troll or leaver, 5 of which are on the enemy team. So you have a 4/9 chance of the troll/afker to be on your team, and a 5/9 chance for the troll/afker to be on the enemy team. Now if what the OP said is true and every game has a troll/afker, then it is possible that they will get 3 games in a row where they lose because of a troll/afker, but it is more likely that they will see the enemy team lose 3 times in a row because of a troll/afker, and over time there will be a more even distribution off trolls/afkers, but the enemy team will be more likely to get them.

If after several promotion series' the OP still hasn't advanced, then the only common denominator in those losses is them.