Announcing the Collegiate Program

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Out Played

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket demon View Post
because all the cool kids and beautiful girls are just dying to date a man in the league club. Jesus i cant wait to hear about a kid being bullied for being in this
Lol, no one cares what you do in college breh, this isn't a high school popularity contest.

PH keon

02-11-2013

wish we can get this in our country all we got is big fat NOTHING

Grakkov

02-11-2013

I'm home schooled. Oh well, I have other friends who play league.

Buffalo of Lies

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket demon View Post
because all the cool kids and beautiful girls are just dying to date a man in the league club. Jesus i cant wait to hear about a kid being bullied for being in this
I don't dislike this game, and I still agree with this. Even assuming you somehow convinced the college to fund this, publicly announcing your involvement is not something you can do without feeling a bit ridiculous. There are plenty of ways to discover other players in your community without the problems that go along with having an official "club". Walk through your dorms, bring the game up in conversation with your friends.

And anyway, if we really did want to start a LoL club, we wouldn't need Riot's permission to do it. If I wanted my school to have a LoL club, I would have started one already. I really don't see the point of an announcement like this. If you think being in a LoL club will damage your social life (and it will), think about how you'll look participating in an intercollegiate championship. HINT: You'll look like a basement dweller.

SeaToSky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

What about canada!!!! Why doesn't canada get this yet!!!

zorritoloco

02-11-2013

So sad im not in USA and i am graduated already ... great idea overall.

StuckWithSupport

02-11-2013

Wow it's nice to see groups from University of Washington and Digipen already formed! I'm excited because I live in the PNW lol.

SeaToSky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo of Lies View Post
I don't dislike this game, and I still agree with this. Even assuming you somehow convinced the college to fund this, publicly announcing your involvement is not something you can do without feeling a bit ridiculous. There are plenty of ways to discover other players in your community without the problems that go along with having an official "club". Walk through your dorms, bring the game up in conversation with your friends.

And anyway, if we really did want to start a LoL club, we wouldn't need Riot's permission to do it. If I wanted my school to have a LoL club, I would have started one already. I really don't see the point of an announcement like this. If you think being in a LoL club will damage your social life (and it will), think about how you'll look participating in an intercollegiate championship. HINT: You'll look like a basement dweller.
Who cares what other people think... If it damages your social life it means you dont have real friends and you're wasting your time with fake friends... All my friends whether they play LoL or not don't care... I get called a dork by some of my friends as a joke , but it's not that big of a deal... Some people are so ignorant in my opinion that worry about social standing, it's just a stupid thing in school after school your social standing doesnt matter because , think about it in like 10 years you wont talk to even half of those people... >.>

StealthRemakePls

02-11-2013

**** school

Q Ball162

02-11-2013

Stopped reading once I saw 'swag'.