Announcing the Collegiate Program

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Breazy

02-11-2013

This is just the beginning... LoL is slowly taking over the world.

Cricket demon

02-11-2013

because all the cool kids and beautiful girls are just dying to date a man in the league club. Jesus i cant wait to hear about a kid being bullied for being in this

WillYouLaugh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

most people in college are qqers

DoubleDates

02-11-2013

omg Ohio State have a LOL club, im gonna transfer to there

Breazy

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket demon View Post
because all the cool kids and beautiful girls are just dying to date a man in the league club. Jesus i cant wait to hear about a kid being bullied for being in this
You should do something because it involves doing something you enjoy, not for a social status. If you don't do something you like because you let peoples opinions hold you back then you are in for an unfulfilled life.

If a girl won't talk to you because you play a video game (an extremely popular video game played by millions) then she isn't the kind of girl whose attention you would want to attract anyway.

RiotJaws

Collegiate Community Coordinator

Follow RiotJaws on Twitter

02-11-2013
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHusky View Post
Nice time to announce this. Right after the Center for Serious Play on the UW Bothell campus decides to shut out casual gaming and rebrand itself as a media lab.

The school also has been unwilling to work with the president of our video game club as to alternate arrangements, so our club is basically dead.
You are not alone in having trouble with an unwilling school administration. Part of belonging to the Collegiate Program is being a part of a network of collegiate organizers that have faced and conquered these problems in the past with guidance from Rioters. I would suggest having your group apply so we can get you into this resource.

If you want to discuss this issue in more detail, you can e-mail me at collegiate@riotgames.com

FuzzyCheeks

02-11-2013

Aw, this won't happen in Canada. If only this could happen in high schools. There's a lot of league of legend players in my school that would love to see this happen. And yes, League of Legends is slowly taking over. It's getting bigger and bigger. And I can't wait for this to go on to television!

RavenHusky

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotJaws View Post
You are not alone in having trouble with an unwilling school administration. Part of belonging to the Collegiate Program is being a part of a network of collegiate organizers that have faced and conquered these problems in the past with guidance from Rioters. I would suggest having your group apply so we can get you into this resource.

If you want to discuss this issue in more detail, you can e-mail me at collegiate@riotgames.com
Thanks. I'll forward the address to our president. Also, it's not the administration that's the problem, it's the people running the Center that became unwilling to host us anymore. The Intramural activities people are running quarterly League tournaments, but that still leaves the club out in the cold.

SbSnake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

02-11-2013

It is only for the United States... otherwise it would be awesome

ProbeoftheAnus

02-11-2013

As a member of the 12th grade, I was wondering if I could use this system to organize players in high schools?