Announcing the Collegiate Program

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherryskittle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-14-2013

OK...who came up to the idea of using the word swag? -_- edit it please.

Vinxey

Intern Ninja

02-15-2013
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boqqtzz View Post
I get how Riot wants to support players that want to form clubs, and that's cool, but the guy talking about looking like a basement dweller is spot on. The Starcraft club is already one of the most unpopular clubs at Sacramento State with all of 4 members who double as the organization heads, so how much more with League? Broadcasting to the entire campus that you're the head of an online gaming club will absolutely destroy what reputation I do have as a normal person, Riot swag be damned. Props to whoever can pull this off on a major college campus and maintain any semblance of an active social life or credible reputation as a sane, non mouth breathing member of society.
As a college student myself, I can definitely understand these concerns. But my experience has been that you'll realize very quickly that there are probably quite a few like-minded people on your campus who'd love to be involved.

Haters are certainly going to hate, but organizing fellow awesome LoL-players into a club and embracing it as an aspect of who you are will not ruin your rep.

Quote:
Please change State Field in the search function to make it clear you are only supposed to use the 2 letter code for the state. Had trouble finding my alum school at first because I kept typing in Oregon, instead of OR.
This is a big concern for us too, so thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
does gg university count as school too O.o ?
brb transferring.

Quote:
Why not have instead have a collegiate scholaraship program, that if you want to go school, and have done well academically in high school, you get a scholarship. If you then finish College, you get a nice RIOT game bonus: something like all free skins and characters. Instead, this is incentivizing the game, but not incentivizing getting an education. Just a thought, you can do BOTH instead!
This is a good point, and the Collegiate program is not in its final form (we're just like super sayian at this point).

And to be clear: grades always come first. We're not saying you should play League at the expense of your school work!

We're trying to help students who play band together through clubs so that they can have a better LoL experience overall!

Keep the questions coming! I'll try to answer as many as possible

Dr Toenail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
I get how Riot wants to support players that want to form clubs, and that's cool, but the guy talking about looking like a basement dweller is spot on. The Starcraft club is already one of the most unpopular clubs at Sacramento State with all of 4 members who double as the organization heads, so how much more with League? Broadcasting to the entire campus that you're the head of an online gaming club will absolutely destroy what reputation I do have as a normal person, Riot swag be damned. Props to whoever can pull this off on a major college campus and maintain any semblance of an active social life or credible reputation as a sane, non mouth breathing member of society.
I cannot believe Im about to say this, considering how much I despise them.

But Bronies do one thing right. They dont care how other people treat them based on having an interest in something. You ought to not care either, it wont ruin your reputation if you're proud of playing LoL. So stand up and dont shirk away because you think your social life will be damaged if people know you enjoy doing something.

The ImmortalSoul

02-16-2013

NOOO!!!!
I just finished highschool

ChaosBloodterfly

02-16-2013

Quote:
Lost that when I started the ChemE program at UCB.

Nobody gives a **** that you play video games. Grow a god damn spine.

Astroprince

02-16-2013

Quote:
If a member of your school/college asked you "do you play online games?" what would you say? You would say yes, if they asked if you liked it, you would say yes. No shame in that right? Then why feel shame for making a club? The football teams makes a club for the same reason just with football instead of games. Haters are gonna hate no matter what you do. Even if you created a breathing club someone is gonna find a problem with it.

I enjoy playing LoL, I'm not great, but I enjoy it. I tell my friends that I enjoy it. I still go out to pubs and parties. Doesn't stop me having fun. If people mock you for having fun playing a game, mock them for having fun by being haters. They hate you for doing what you like, they don't deserve to be your friends. LoL isn't a game, it's a lifestyle

Immensely sad and indifferent gamer,
Astroprince~

Apexxy

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by stexe View Post
awesome. Glad to see this is finally going somewhere.

Shame i just graduated though (shout out to temple university / fox school of business)! Is there a way for former attendees to form groups and/or join in on the fun?
t for temple u!

Aseitoso

02-16-2013

Hi, i just wanted to let u know that i really appreciate the opportunity that League of legends brings to
me to make my daily life a little better. Thanks to this spectacular game i've known lots of people and made
some really good friends. I think one of the ovjetives of this game is to make really good friends, friends
u can trust, friends that hears u, friends that will always be there to enjoy a good fight in the battelfield.
I learned a lot of things playing Lol, and those things are humility, honor, teamwork and pacience. I know this
is just a game, but if everyone applies those thing this world would be a bit better. I writing this
coz we always have time to complain about things but we never use time to say thank u, to say that things were
done great, and to say please keep it that way that u re making this going better for lots of people.

pls if u can send this to any of the heads of League of Legends ill be really greatfull. Sry for my english,
i'm from Argentina and im triyng hard to write properly
CYA!!!

Mariano Mauvecin
Nickname: Aseitoso

Thezander

02-16-2013

Where is the registration sheet? I cannot find it!

ALWAYS BLUNTED

02-16-2013

college is for nerds

smoke weed errday