Best ADC carry Caitlyn or Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akrillo

02-11-2013

Almost have enough points to buy either of these champs who do you guys think i should buy and which is better at carrying a team even if your team is sort of sucky.

MMHSTerror

02-11-2013

Most people say Vayne due to better mobility and partial stealth

SloMoTurtle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

With current meta cait's laning phase usualy is much smoother than Vayne's but Vayne's late game and teamfighting capabilities are 1000x better and more fun than Cait's. If you have a trustworthy support to your side you should buy Vayne. If not i would go with cait.

Peligrad

02-11-2013

Cait sees a lot more competitive play, because Cait + lane swapping (especially with Nunu) is ridiculously effective for knocking down towers.

Honestly, I don't like Vayne as an ADC. She's all single target, she's short range. And she's extremely vulnerable to AS slows.

Sure she deals tons of damage when left alone... but at high ELO that doesn't happen.

Of all the ADCs, I like Vayne the least.

Akrillo

02-11-2013

Might go with vayne because of the better end game potential hopefully i get good enough to carry even bad teams. will try caitlyn in the future also cause the comments seem pretty divided on these champs.

fletche00

02-11-2013

Look at Vayne the way you look at Kog, Hypercarry, who scales extremely well w/ Items, who also has a terrible lane phase.

Cait is awesome for being a Lane bully, very good at pushing the lane quickly and effectively, while zoning their ADC out of last hits and XP. Countered hard by Sivir, and slightly by Varus and Ezreal.

Vayne is awesome for end game domination, and IMO has the best damage 60min+. Vayne has a decent disengage, and can be quite annoying if fed early. She can be zoned out of her lane easily, and her early damage is not good until she gets 2 core items. Vayne is countered by most other ADC w/ the exception of Sivir.

So ask yourself, do you want Early Game domination, or Late Game Domination.

FlippantFox

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanBob9 View Post
With current meta cait's laning phase usualy is much smoother than Vayne's but Vayne's late game and teamfighting capabilities are 1000x better and more fun than Cait's. If you have a trustworthy support to your side you should buy Vayne. If not i would go with cait.
This 100%.

Caitlyn's laning phase is far easier than Vayne's because she has a number of ways to zone her enemy with relatively little danger, plus her autoattack range is the longest in the game.

Inversely, Vayne has to mostly rely on her support for zoning power. She's outranged by most, if not all, of the other ADCs in the game, and certainly by all the supports, so she tends to take a lot of damage in lane.

The tradeoff is that Vayne is easily the strongest ADC come late-game, being able to melt through HP better than any other ADC with her Silver Bolts, and additionally can be tough to focus since she is basically stealthed 50% of the time while her ultimate is running (Tumble). She also has surprising spike damage for an ADC since she can Tumble + proc Silver bolts in a single shot if desired. I've seen critical hits upwards of 1.5k when doing this.

Meanwhile Caitlyn suffers greatly outside the laning phase. Her ultimate becomes nearly useless due to enemy team coverage, and her damage dealing abilities are limited to her Q. Her only CC can't really be used as a way to secure a kill since it pushes you away from the person you hit with it.

Yhufir

02-11-2013

Just about everyone here has some good points. I currently use Cait about 60% of my ranked games. But when then need arises, Vayne is -in fact- a hyper carry.

I remember one of my early games with her, we would get into late-game teamfights and before I knew what had happened I had triples and quadras with her. She just glides thru most tanks. And if the enemy doesnt get a handle on her quickly she can snowball EXTREMELY hard. Ask anyone who's played against a good one; "There's no getting away from her."

All that being said, I still prefer Caitlyn (in Caitlyn vs Vayne lanes) for 2 reasons:
1) I shut down most Vaynes in early/mid game. So long as the game doesnt run another 40minutes, we'll probably win because I denied farm and XP. It will take a while for a Vayne to catch up. So hopefully by around the 20min mark my team is ready to turn the pressure up so Vayne cant go off and free farm.
2) Because of Caityln's long range, keeping out of the fray is a littler easier. You don't have to dive in as far and you can kite a little easier with your distance. Vayne has to get up a little closer which makes for easier focusing. She does have her tumble and stealth + speed boost ult but when you have someone like J4, Xin, Irelia, Yorick...etc, etc... you spend the majority of you time kiting instead of melting. This effectively takes you out of the fight. A good Vayne wil turn that around quickly with some good kiting. But still, not having to run AWAY from the fight is always a good thing.

GlyphTsen

02-11-2013

Vayne: Better late game.

Caitlyn: Better early game.

Vayne has more raw damage, and is better at chasing. Caitlyn has better utility, and is better for a poke comp.

In a vacuum, I'd say Vayne is better, simply because she fulfills the role of "Carry" better than Caitlyn.

V0idGravity

02-11-2013

Actually i say Cait, i have seen a cait beat out a Vayne late game.... Here's what happened

Cait was going to a tower
Vayne came into bush.
Cait had a trap in bush..Cait sees shots, (Hit)
Cait yordle snap
Vaybe dodge goes invis
Vayne pops a few bolts (Hits)
Cait shots 90 caliber, to get herself in bush
Vayne follows vayne fires Condemn (Hit) cait pinned outside the bush
Vayne moves forward to capitalize ***Gets snagged on trap in bush***
Cait breaks out headshot (Hit)
cait yordlesnap (Hit)
vayne dodges out & runs
Cait flash in shot (hit)
Vayne tumbles away
Cait Lines up "Ace in Hole"!! (shooots)
Vayne flashes
** Bullet does a curve ** yes a damn curve (HIts) Vayne dead
we all watched... it was an epic battle Cait won, we were laughing about the rubber following bullet...
even Vayne was like what the hell kinda shot was that after we won the game...

But I would go with Cait, and watching this locked in my belief Cait Beats all ranged