Accounts Banned for TOU Violations

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlindxShotz

10-28-2010

IX. Code of Conduct.

Certain rules govern Your use of the Site and/or the Game (the "Code of Conduct"). The Code of Conduct is not meant to be exhaustive, and Riot Games reserves the right to take appropriate disciplinary measures including account termination and deletion to protect the integrity and spirit of the Site and/or the Game, regardless of whether a specific behavior is listed here as prohibited. The following are examples of behavior that warrant disciplinary measures:
A. Impersonating an employee of Riot Games or communicating in any way that makes it appear that the communication originates from Riot Games.
B. Posting identifying information about any other user in the Game.
C. Harassing, stalking, or threatening any other users in the Game.
D. Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of Riot Games, is deemed offensive, including, but not limited to, language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable.
E. Spamming chat, whether for personal or commercial purposes, by disrupting the flow of conversation with repeated postings of a similar nature.
F. Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, "exploits" an undocumented aspect of the Game in order to secure an unfair advantage over other users.
G. Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, defrauds any other user of the Game, including, but not limited to, by "scamming" or "social engineering."
H. Using any unauthorized third party programs, including but not limited to "mods," "hacks," "cheats," "scripts," "bots," "trainers," and automation programs, that interact with the Software in any way, for any purpose, including but not limited to any unauthorized third party programs that intercept, emulate, or redirect any communication between the Software and Riot Games and any unauthorized third party programs that collect information about the Game by reading areas of memory used by the Software to store information.
I. Accessing or attempting to access areas of the Game or Game servers that have not been made available to the public.
X. Character Names.
You may not select a character name that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, or falsely indicative of an association with Riot Games. Riot Games may modify any name which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, violates this provision without further notification to You, and may take further disciplinary measures, including account termination, for repeated violations.

TLDR; Riot cannot ban for AFK. So therefore at the 25 min mark if I feel that my team is incompetent or we are going to lose for sure and the surrender votes fails. I'm going AFK

PaG Radical

10-28-2010

thank you, i was getting tired of people trolling

Baygull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLGDark View Post
TLDR; Riot cannot ban for AFK. So therefore at the 25 min mark if I feel that my team is incompetent or we are going to lose for sure and the surrender votes fails. I'm going AFK
Too many times I have seen this happen. Some people don't understand that certain champions are late bloomers. They have a tough time in the beginning, but later on they can come back and win easily. I'm one of them. I've brought my team back from a standalone nexus (no turrets left at all) while they had all their turrets and we won. Why? Because as a late bloomer it takes me a while to get the appropriate gear. When I do, the game is over. Too many times people have gone afk because we start out bad, and I can see for certain we have victory in our hands. In my opinion, if you try to surrender and it fails that means your team wants to keep playing and you should too. If you don't, Riot has every right to ban you because you are ruining the game for others. Don't be so selfish, have fun, and try to win.

Not Olaf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2010

Riot might lose 1000s of players who buy RP which isn't good for them in any perspective but in turn they're left with better mannered gamers who isn't out to take their frustration on other players for no apparent reasons than self amusement. They might not profit from it but I think this was a good move towards making this game more enjoyable for others. For those who don't make nasty comments about other player's capabilities with their chosen champions they have nothing to lose but gain from such actions taken by Riot. As for those who like to throw insults between the monkey cages they have something to think about before committing themselves to their deeds but overall they get a game where people don't insult each other and have a good enjoyable game.

Nicely done Riot keep up the good work.

katrinna

10-28-2010

So happy that reports actually get results.
tired of other players laughing and saying that reports dont do anything and they can do whatever they want.
very happy

Villiroth

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLGDark View Post
IX. Code of Conduct.
You sir are wrong, as LoL is private property of Riot games they reserve the right to restrict access to anyone at any point for no reason at all if they so choose. As long as it doesnt break any anti-discrimination laws they can ban 50% of the player base just for ****s and giggles.

TRuth316

10-28-2010

you shouldn't get banned for language, its their fault they turned off the maturity filter. If they can't handle it, just simply turn the filter back on.... problem is you've got adults playing with nub kids!

Rez78

Recruiter

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baygull View Post
Too many times I have seen this happen. Some people don't understand that certain champions are late bloomers. They have a tough time in the beginning, but later on they can come back and win easily. I'm one of them. I've brought my team back from a standalone nexus (no turrets left at all) while they had all their turrets and we won. Why? Because as a late bloomer it takes me a while to get the appropriate gear. When I do, the game is over. Too many times people have gone afk because we start out bad, and I can see for certain we have victory in our hands. In my opinion, if you try to surrender and it fails that means your team wants to keep playing and you should too. If you don't, Riot has every right to ban you because you are ruining the game for others. Don't be so selfish, have fun, and try to win.
Gotta agree with the point of some chars are late bloomers (Example IMO: Eve, Sion, Ashe, a few others. Not many but there are some). I've done the same. Played Sion before, had like 6 deaths, no kills. Jungled. Won the game when we were bound to lose. But I also can understand why some may just go AFK expecting the loss. It happens and morale can drop. Been there, done that and gotta learn from it.

PS I really hate it when people call anyone noobs who are using a champ they haven't used much or using a new build. Bugs me. Give'm a break.

thalelar

10-29-2010

i don't really talk in chat and don't think much of it when i read it . i never am disrespectful in chat . the only time i really talk is at the end of the game . i will never berate someone but say hey try this or i know you where going a p but we really needed a tank .
i don't mind loosing as long as it was a fun hard fought game on both sides . what i do mind is leavers or players that come back under level . what is a level 4 gonna do against a level 18 ? i have been in to many games where it has been 3 vs 5 , and i am almost always on the wrong end of that .

Finding t33m0

10-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Emiya View Post
you two posting above me God of the gods and Goqmore OBVIOUSLY your elo is low or whatever if you are level 30 being paired with nubs with all your wins i bet you have like 2x as many losses I don't have a problem being paired up with 30s around my elo..
goqqmore is like 135 wins above his losses. im like 80 wins under. i think the whole "elo" system is ****ing garbage. they need a different way to arrange people because i dont believe somebody is actually good and understands this game fully until atleast 300 wins. if you watch people with 300+ wins compared to people with less it i quite noticable.