Is this a bug? Kassadin?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caziban

10-26-2010

Kassadin's Null Sphere. I know it's supposed to silence and deal damage, but, by silence, I imagine Riot means that enemy champions cannot activate abilities while they are silenced right? "activate" being the keyword?

Because today I was playing Twitch and I activated my ult against a Kassadin, I was already mid-spray when he shot his null sphere on me. It silenced me and CANCELED my ult. Is this a bug? I wasn't aware that his sphere also CANCELS abilities if they're in mid-use. If it isn't, then **** on a sandwhich, that's the most OP ability I've ever seen and I'm going to go play Kassadin.

Edit: I've been reading that Twitch's Ult is considered a buff, not a channel. So why does a silence cancel a buff? That seems like a bug to me.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

10-26-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is something I'll bring up to design.

Pure Phoenix

10-26-2010

while you're there, tell them to fix health and mana pots too.
You should be able to chug down a drink while you're silenced.
It's not a magic spell or hero ability.

Caziban

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotStatikk View Post
This is something I'll bring up to design.
Thank you. I've been doing some tests with a fellow friend as Kassadin and I've come up with these conclusions:
-When Twitch uses Spray 'N' Pray, and Kassadin uses his Null Sphere shortly thereafter, the Spray and Pray Timer above the abilities row continues to tick down, but, his attacks are just reduced to his basic attack. I can no longer shoot through minions and I do not have the increased attack speed.
-When Mundo uses his Ult and Kassadin uses his Null Sphere, nothing happens. Mundo continues his Ult as normal. So, this led be to believe that it was indeed a bug.

Fendral

10-26-2010

I've had Rammus' Tremors interrupted by Garen silences =(

ZamielVanWeber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invalin View Post
Kassadin's Null Sphere. I know it's supposed to silence and deal damage, but, by silence, I imagine Riot means that enemy champions cannot activate abilities while they are silenced right? "activate" being the keyword?.
Jax's stun is an inexplicable exception. Even silenced he can use it.

gunther2291

10-26-2010

ive had my ult cancelled as kat from silence by garen a few times. maybe its only channeled abilities? i cant speak for rammus or twitch but kats ult is channeled and mundos is not which could explain why his isnt stopped

Necroclysm

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunther2291 View Post
ive had my ult cancelled as kat from silence by garen a few times. maybe its only channeled abilities? i cant speak for rammus or twitch but kats ult is channeled and mundos is not which could explain why his isnt stopped

Yes, silence stops any channeled ability.

Twitch's ult is not a channeled ability, it just modifies his attacks into line missiles.

My guess is that the way they get all of his attacks to be line missiles, is that it actually casts a spell with his attacks, thus causing this issue. Probably just needs to be flagged for usable while silenced.

Eltherian

10-27-2010

I have had Kassadin's Null Sphere stop my Arcane Shift mid teleport. Oh, and it used up my cooldown too.

Bland

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltherian View Post
I have had Kassadin's Null Sphere stop my Arcane Shift mid teleport. Oh, and it used up my cooldown too.
Have that problem with Karthus' wall... it's possible to get silenced just right when you cast it, so the wall isn't there, but the cooldown has started...I wonder if that has something to do with the casting time?