What does it take to get demoted?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ynette

02-10-2013

I just wanna know, how many losses at 0 points does it take to get demoted.
For example, you just got promoted to a new division. You have 0 points by default. You get unlucky and you start losing a few right from the start.
How many losses does it take to get demoted?

Lyi

02-10-2013

1. You just can't be a "New Recruit"

Ynette

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyi View Post
1. You just can't be a "New Recruit"
I don't have the New Recruit anymore. What do you mean then, that I'm safe?
I was Bronze II and I went on a freaking 9 ranked win streak or something lol (duo bot), and got the promotion to division I. I'm going to keep heading up, I was just afraid that after such huge winstreak some losses are bound to happen and didn't want to fall back to div. II again.

Ynette

02-10-2013

Bump for another reply/confirmation?

StrykerSwat

02-12-2013

I think you don't get demoted at all anymore, I heard that, if you get to another tier, for example, if you go to gold tier, you can't get demoted down, but if it's a new division then I'm guessing that you don't get demoted as well or you can, I don't know, but I'm guessing if you lost more than 3 games, I'm guessing that you can't get demoted anymore

WhisperOfDeath

02-13-2013

Bump! I'm wondering the same thing.

Verxing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

Well I got demoted at the very beginning of the new ranked system, I lost about 4 matches in a row and got demoted to rank 4 silver, since I was new to the league Im pretty sure the system thought I wasn't ready for that league and demoted me. Thankfully it was just a string of tough matches and I was able to work my way back up to the third league of silver

ALL I DO IS ADC

02-13-2013

Probably when it comes to tiers i would guess 4 losses.

I went from tier 5 gold to tier 3 winning 6 games in a row, Then i lost 3 sitting at 0league points in tier 3 gold.

Im assuming if i get another loss i would go into tier 4 gold.

MalRabbit

02-13-2013

Only takes 2 if you are new to the devision. one if you have gained some points then lost them. new system is ****. i went on a 3 game loss streak, first two brought me down to 0 lp 3rd one i was demoted. then i had 50 lp in the lower devision and won 2 lost 1 then won 1 more and im up for a promotion series. if i win two more im back to 0 lp in the higher devision where i started... what kind of useless system...
3 or less to drop, 5 or more to get back...

p.s. this is confirmed!

Arclune

02-13-2013

There is a safety net timer when ever you get to a new division. Once that expires, your 3rd or more consecutive loss at 0 LP will demote you.

EX: Lose twice. 50 LP, --> 0 LP. Lose once more time and you get demoted.

This is what I have experienced so far.