Sona Q skill bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerulll

10-26-2010

I could be wrong but after playing sona a tons of times and this happening to me.....I noticed when using her Q skill it targets minions instead of champions even though they are in the range , so to put it clearly :

When there are minions the range for the skill to attack champions gets shorter and it targets minions

when there aren't any minions the range for it to target champions gets a lot bigger....

i may be wrong or it could be made to act that way...

Real Okc

10-26-2010

Doesn't her Q target the nearest enemy targets? If so then you have to make sure that the champions you're trying to hit are closer than any enemy minions.

Nerulll

10-26-2010

it is clearly stated that it targets champions first

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

10-26-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

It prioritizes champions within a smaller range than its full range (about 200 range difference). Basically, if you catch targets on the fringes of her Q it's random.

Nerulll

10-26-2010

well well hoped for a bug but seems like it isn't

SlaughterHaus5

10-26-2010

That leaves the whole spell up to chance rather than being able to properly devise a strategy around it. If the spell deals in two different ranges, can't you then change it so two circle appear, one being the champ priority circle?

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

10-26-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

This is the intention of the Sona's designer. I'll see what I can do to maybe rectify this situation but I can't promise any changes.

Beatus

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotStatikk View Post
This is the intention of the Sona's designer. I'll see what I can do to maybe rectify this situation but I can't promise any changes.

That's ok if it was the designer's intention, but that's definitely not what the tooltip says.Therefore, either it wasn't the designer's intention(since that's not what he wrote on the tooltip) or he failed to express his ideas.Just fix the tooltips so we can understand better what champion spells actually do, and we're all good.