Dominion is quickly becoming unplayable.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AK47WOLF

02-09-2013

Dominion used to be the place where you can play (and win) with most any champion, because the dynamics of the game is different than SR. You could play Karma and do well because you get gold and can build AP without taking ADC farm. You could play other not-viable-on-SR champions. You could build different things because it was more about teamwork than it was about team comp and to the T item builds.

Now you have people spamming the same handful of champions game after game to secure a win. Dominion is now no longer about teamwork or coordination. It's what team has Elise, Jayce, Jax, Katarina, Nidalee, Yorick, Kha'Zix, Kassadin, or a handful of others. Whoever has more of these champions in their lineup wins the game, regardless of player input or skill in 90% of cases.

If you play these champions on Dominion, I'd just like to thank you for ruining my playing experience right off the bat, regardless of how well or how badly I play. Thank you for ruining a game mode that I've been playing since its beta, a game mode that was my favorite thing to play in League of Legends. And the biggest thank you of all goes out to Riot, who, in one way or another, sees to it that every new champion released ruins Dominion just a little more. An extra nail in the coffin of Dominion ever seeing any other status than being regarded as a minigame.

Orphane

02-09-2013

Have you never heard of tryhard elo before?

Malah

02-09-2013

To be fair, we don't like to talk about tryhard elo.

@AK: At this point you can either do what those pricks are doing or roll with your own thing - if you can't be happy with either option, smurf, play a different map, or tank your Elo (/option 2) like I do.

Amusingly enough, I run picks going along with a standard comp and lose all night and then as soon as I say "SCREW IT, BOAR TIME" I completely demolish the other team. I don't know.

I pretty much run with AD Eve, Irelia, Leona, Sejuani, Ori, Veigar, Karma, and Blitz. I'm happy with playing those picks and as soon as I run into Kass/Jayce/Khazix/Tank/Support spam I just get over the fact that I'm going to lose about 10 games until I get kicked back down to people with a sense of sportsmanship.

I don't own most of the bull**** picks and I have no intention to. As soon as I get bored of this cycle that'd be my time to quit and move onto another game. I'm not going to give myself an aneurysm trying to outplay an entire team of OP myself (Which includes whipping four other people into line) and I'm not coasting up to high Elo using BS picks so I can enjoy the rewards without any work (COUGH COUGH WHEEZE).

Darmival

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Dominion used to be the place where you can play (and win) with most any champion, because the dynamics of the game is different than SR.
Not sure what you are talking about or what game you played because you aren't talking about the Dominion that I know of since it was released

People in blind pick almost always choose the cheesecake faceroll champs 90% of the time. Also, there are champs that are just plain bad ( or too hard for most people to use ) - so not all champs could win games.

Orphane

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Dominion is now no longer about teamwork or coordination. It's what team has Elise, Jayce, Jax, Katarina, Nidalee, Yorick, Kha'Zix, Kassadin, or a handful of others. Whoever has more of these champions in their lineup wins the game, regardless of player input or skill in 90% of cases.
I also forgot to say that this is wrong. The only champ that is anywhere near that level of power is Kassadin. Teamwork, composition, and coordination are still going to have far greater impact than how many high tier champs are on a team simply because not everyone plays high tier champs to their full potential (many noticeably so).

I just don't feel any sympathy for this kind of argument because it smacks of "I WANT MEANIES TO STOP PLAYING OP CHAMPS SO I CAN PLAY X"

Well, excuse people for trying to win. If, for whatever reason, you refuse to play "tier 1" champs (which is absolutely fine) don't blame other people for doing so. You try to secure victory in any number of ways and picking champs that perform well has always been a part of that.

DiscworldDeath

02-09-2013

Morello actually adresses this issue a lot in his posts, when people think back when people could try anything, like Ashe top, or Ashe mid, or Ashe bot, etc (though this weekend we've seen xPeke Caitlyn mid).

It's not because these things were always viable, it's because people didn't know better. Once people grow and understand a game, they realize what the stronger picks are.

The "pick everything" shows either lack of caring about the mode, or lack of understanding. Once those who care grow to understand the mode, it's naturally that stronger picks emerge and are picked more often - these people care, after all.

HaIfhearted

02-10-2013

You can still play and do well with pretty much every champion in the game.
A couple of them require a bit of work, but I've seen stuff like TF, Fiddle, and even Vlad do well before.

You just need to put in a bit more effort with a few of them.

Tesla Effect

02-10-2013

Soraka and Lulu are boss in Dominion

DiscworldDeath

02-10-2013

I think the issue isn't that you played Warwick, but that you went AD, and not really tanky.

Gunblade, Shiv, Lightbringer (though they did have 4 stealths including Teemo), or Sanguine Blade and Kitae's the next game...

People do expect champions to be built a certain way, or to know in advance they need to account for it/not expect you to do tanking in a pinch otherwise. I mean, if I play a squishy AP, I expect a Trundle to tank for me, or for an AD champ to auto-attack. I play accordingly. I may not notice the Trundle built nothing but BFS items, or that the AD Champ went full AP so only bursts on CD and then runs away.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2013

You make it seem like Karma isn't a solid pick on Dominion, she ****ing rocks.