I figured out how Diamond 1 to Challenger works. Terrible

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

greed18

02-10-2013

Try getting out of bronze, you can't.

Zurri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2013

How depressing.. i cant even reach gold. D=

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2013

New system suck balls

chris2423

02-10-2013

i can tell u that u are wrong...atleast your theory =/= how its supposed to work, and riot seriously ****ed up if u are right.

1. whoever has the highest mmr will get the promo series
2. people should be kicked out of challenger if there mmr falls below other people not in challenger
3. u NEED to keep playing when u reach 100 lp to get your mmr up above those in challenger
4. or riot ****ed up.

Aranium

02-10-2013

The new system is too classy and just catering people but is punishing for those who actually want to make it to the top. Soon, to the high Elo community, it won't be much to say you're in diamond d1 because honestly, any decent player can get in. Secondly, the old system allowed rivalry by having an actual number that wasn't limited. If someone like pobelter was 2.8k while the second was like 2.6k, people know how far ahead he is. Lastly, it may be more meaningful to move up ranks in your division vs ranks in the previous ladder but that's once again catering. This is a competitive game, people should be compared relatively not placed in a mirage.

Platoon

02-10-2013

Dmace i feel u man

someroastedbeef

02-10-2013

62 pts d1 shuld i even play wdf

Kyli

02-10-2013

I don't think it's a matter of how many people are currently in the challenger tier, I think it's more of a matter of refreshing those in the challenger tier. You said that they weren't getting kicked out because they were all new recruits, right? So what if new recruit status only lasted, say, two days. This would give people in challenger tier less of a safety net, and allow for much more active displacement of those in the tier. Of course, there would still be a bunch of people at 100 LP, but they would be much more likely to get a promotion series since the rankings would be much more dynamic.

Even with the current system, I feel like it might just be a matter of waiting it out. Once all of these players have their new recruit status revoked, they will be up for demotion. Not all of them are going to get demoted right away, so the new recruit statuses will stagger, and some people will be up for demotion every day. Still, it would be nice to reduce the new recruit timing, at least for challenger tier, so as to make it a much more dynamic and competitive scene.

Mansa TChalla

02-10-2013

Yegg you are a dumbass

DeadshotCalamity

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
When a player or team makes it into Challenger tier, they are protected from demotions for 7 days. Since all of the Challenger tier players are currently protected, and the remaining few spots are reserved for players who are already in a Diamond Promotion Series, you aren't able to start a series right now. Unfortunately it seems that the LP calculator isn't properly clamping LP gains when all slots are taken.

You can continue playing in the meantime in order to improve your MMR (which will help you qualify for a series in the future) or you can hold off for a bit, your choice. We'll work on fixing the bug that let players get to 100 LP (although it shouldn't come up again once Challenger isn't filled with people who are immune).

You can tell when someone in Challenger tier loses their immunity because it will be the same time their Recruit emblem goes away. This should start happening in the next day or two. Once there are players who aren't immune, you'll be able to start a series if you win a game and the system believes that you're stronger than a Challenger player who isn't currently marked for a potential demotion. Clamping on LP gains should also kick in at that point for Diamond I players who haven't performed well enough to dethrone any Challenger players.

Lastly, we're working on implementing clamping for LP losses so that Division I players that aren't ready for a series won't have to risk way more LP than they can possibly gain from a match. In other words, LP gains and losses will both slow down as you get closer to 100, rather than wins slowing down and losses staying the same. In addition the slowing will happen sooner and be spread out more rather than only starting right when you're getting close. This will happen for players of all tiers (not just Diamond) once it goes live. It won't affect the number of games you need to win to qualify for the series, but it will provide much better feedback about how close you really are.
This kills my desire to even play ranked anymore, knowing the challenger tier is even more of an impossibility.