I figured out how Diamond 1 to Challenger works. Terrible

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 29
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dmace

02-09-2013

So after trying to get challenger for awhile now a bunch of other players and myself reached 100 points in diamond 1 but didn't get a promotion series... why?

Well I did a little research and my theory checked out. Challenger is capped at 50 players, currently there are 47 players and throughout 3 different diamond 1 divisions there are 3 people in promotion series. That's 50 eligible players. I started looking at the players who were in a series and i noticed one was on the verge of losing his series was 1-2. He lost the series and I checked all the diamond 1 divisions once again to see if there was a new promotion series. My first thought was maybe the system chooses the person who reached 100 pts first to get the promotion series, but no new series. I then figured it had to be the next person with 100 pts to win or someone break 100 pts again. So me and my fellow 100 pt warriors raced off to be the first to win the next game and in the middle of my game I got word from my source that a new player got a series, I checked it out and its true. So here are the facts I gathered from how this works.

-Challenger is max 50 players
-Once you get 100 pts there is no reason to play anymore since its all risk with no reward
-Challenger wont kick anybody out since everybody is a new recruit
-You have to spam search player profiles to find out when the best time to queue is so you can nab that spot.

TLDR - Need to fix Diamond 1 to Challenger probably raise player cap because there is no point to play once you get 100 points.

EDIT: When the new recruit tags where off the challengers I'd imagine at least 20 people a day would be up for replacement in challenger. So unless you build yourself a nice point stack already there wont be much you can do. I think Riot intended the grind through diamond to be a lot more severe. If this is what they intended, it's pretty silly!

EDIT2: Currently 50 players in Challenger HOWEVER a player has a promotion series from Diamond 1 because one player in challenger isn't a new recruit anymore (BabyZeus). How is that fair... BabyZeus is top 15 and being punished for reaching challenger too fast.

Racism

Master Recruiter

02-09-2013

Bro, not even .01% of people are in that elo.

0% of those people are on GD(except you).

You're talking to yourself.

Nobody can relate.

Dmace

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racism View Post
Bro, not even .01% of people are in that elo.

0% of those people are on GD(except you).

You're talking to yourself.

Nobody can relate.
Ah Damn, can someone show me the part of the forums that has only the .01% top players. Thanks in advance, sorry for wasting everybody's time. /sarcasm

Doctor Zoidberg

02-09-2013

So godly....

Rav1del

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

I feel bad for this guy and I'm a silver player. I think this needs to be fixed.

AlexPie2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

im getting close to 100 pts in division 1 of diamond and ive been noticing the 100 pts too lol

Racism

Master Recruiter

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmace View Post
Ah Damn, can someone show me the part of the forums that has only the .01% top players. Thanks in advance, sorry for wasting everybody's time. /sarcasm

Well, I just don't see a point in posting this here.

A support ticket would get you more help than GD could offer.

hitmandead

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmace View Post
So after trying to get challenger for awhile now a bunch of other players and myself reached 100 points in diamond 1 but didn't get a promotion series... why?

-Once you get 100 pts there is no reason to play anymore since its all risk with no reward

TLDR - Need to fix Diamond 1 to Challenger probably raise player cap because there is no point to play once you get 100 points.
Well that's what makes it risky and fun. Would you play a boring game? No.
What do fun and popular most games have? Excitement, risk and addiction.
These games usually make you jump in joy or punch your P.C.

p.s I'm not important

Edited

Lol I was meant to use sarcasm especially with the word addiction

Dmace

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racism View Post
Well, I just don't see a point in posting this here.

A support ticket would get you more help than GD could offer.
I see your point, but this is helpful to all the aspiring to be challengers one day.

Also I know it may seem like this is true with high elo, but my friends list does not contain every diamond player.

XylemUP

02-09-2013

Wow, that's messed. So even if anybody wanted to try to get into challenger... It just doesn't matter.

1234511 ... 29