How is pick order decided?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NiceDynamite

02-09-2013

And don't tell me by points. Cause it's not.

Went through a whole division duo queued with a friend, and I was always 4th, him 5th.

It's not by points. Unless we're constantly ranked with higher people.

BoozBear

02-09-2013

Well by the way u say "went through a whole division" makes it sound like u were winning consistently.

I blieve that its cause when you win and keep winning the game will keep giving you harder opponents/teamates until u lose some, so basically yes, u were playing with higher ranked players on all fronts.

ROKAF JE

02-09-2013

I think they've changed it to duo's getting last picks. I have yet to test this, but I'm sure someone has red posted it somewhere.
Seems like a decent idea, considering the most popular picks are top/mid/jungle.
ADC and Support should be the bread and butter of duo queue players.

Timammoth

02-09-2013

It doesn't specifically say in the summoners code. But it says to sort it out with your team and be considerate to others....

This pretty much means that u if ur 4th,5th pick and want a particular role. But someone else wants the role (whether u CALLED 1ST OR NOT) the are gona take the role 1st anyway. So you have 2 options.
1. To admit there is nothing u can do to get this role and take another role.
2. To be a troll and choose this role anyway, because u called 1st or your last pick so it would be more effective to counter pick.

Unfortunately in option 2. You are trolling and have a much less chance of winning. This is because people on your team will think your trolling. ( You really are trolling). And will get frustrated and not concentrate on the game. And also because the playing the meta is the easiest way to win in SOLO QUE.

Even if you are last pick and can counter pick it doesn't matter if someone higher up in the pick order has decided to take your role. Because there is nothing you can do without been the bad guy. Also as you rise in tiers/leagues etc. You will find people are alot more considerate because they are generally better at the game and can play alot more roles.

NiceDynamite

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timammoth View Post
It doesn't specifically say in the summoners code. But it says to sort it out with your team and be considerate to others....

This pretty much means that u if ur 4th,5th pick and want a particular role. But someone else wants the role (whether u CALLED 1ST OR NOT) the are gona take the role 1st anyway. So you have 2 options.
1. To admit there is nothing u can do to get this role and take another role.
2. To be a troll and choose this role anyway, because u called 1st or your last pick so it would be more effective to counter pick.

Unfortunately in option 2. You are trolling and have a much less chance of winning. This is because people on your team will think your trolling. ( You really are trolling). And will get frustrated and not concentrate on the game. And also because the playing the meta is the easiest way to win in SOLO QUE.

Even if you are last pick and can counter pick it doesn't matter if someone higher up in the pick order has decided to take your role. Because there is nothing you can do without been the bad guy. Also as you rise in tiers/leagues etc. You will find people are alot more considerate because they are generally better at the game and can play alot more roles.
I'm not entirely sure what you explained or why.

I asked how they rank the pick order. I usually get the lane I want, I was simply asking why I was always 4th and my buddy 5th.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

It's by ELO still. Your Elo is hidden, but that's what they use for Matchmaking. You're just not ranked based on it.

SeCKS Egai

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsthnsatn667 View Post
It's by ELO still. Your Elo is hidden, but that's what they use for Matchmaking. You're just not ranked based on it.
I'd question that, I'd be top pick in one game, someone would dodge, and then someone who was below me would be top pick in next game and I'd be lower even though I was higher before.

AJStarhiker

02-10-2013

It might be that you have the same matchmaking score, so the system doesn't see a difference whether you or the other player has a higher pick.

NiceDynamite

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJStarhiker View Post
It might be that you have the same matchmaking score, so the system doesn't see a difference whether you or the other player has a higher pick.
I could see that as a possibility for some games, but certainly not for ALL. I could see a duo queue be last pick always just for stupid reasons.

ULTIMATE TERRA12

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKAF JE View Post
I think they've changed it to duo's getting last picks. I have yet to test this, but I'm sure someone has red posted it somewhere.
Seems like a decent idea, considering the most popular picks are top/mid/jungle.
ADC and Support should be the bread and butter of duo queue players.
i a duo in ranked the person who invited the other person is last and the person who you invited will be first pick but that is only a 40% chance im pretty sure but it happens most of the time.