Does Mordekaiser need a complete new rework?

Yes Please I have been waiting for this 146 25.00%
Nah just a buff should be fine 210 35.96%
He is fine as it is 183 31.34%
Nerf him 45 7.71%
Voters: 584. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] mordekaiser rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

agbudar

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfully Beast View Post
YOU ALL ARE STUPID AND SILLY!!! OMG!! have you ever played mord in mid lane? he gets countered hard by talon and sometimes a good vlad, but anyone else is a joke... is all you have to do is farm early game, which by level 5 and hextech you can clear waves with your q and e. so don't qq about him being weak... seriously. mord is the strongest champ i know late game.. once i was 1/5 with mord top against a darius. i got hextech and rylais after 200 farm and went 9/6. thats a difference of 8/1 late game... get this poll out of here, hope riot closes this thread honestly.

yes i can dominate mid or top lane .... for 5 minutes.... that isn't the problem the problem lies in the fact that if you do so you will whether you like it or not push your lane all the way up to their tower you either way run back in this scenario mising out on possible farm and xp. At that point the person will simply tower hug last hit everything and stay there. at that point you have a choice keep pushing like a morde and inevitably get ganked and even with wards you are all the way up at their tower then even with 80-100% of your hp you will inevitably die you have no escapes except flash/ignite/ or exhaust(if you know how and when) then they simply gank you again after you INEVITABLY push again.

there are plenty of champs out there that can do that as well BUT they have the luxury of escape. and thus not feeding as hard as morde would do in the past his shield if used correctly (not that hard farm creeps to fill it) would fill in the niche of having no escape mechanism. that is gone these days.
his damage used to be superior as well as to fill in the gaps that would be left of having NO CC at all
plenty of champs will outdps him these days just saying..

KvarrBrown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-12-2013

Mord es #1

huehuehue

agbudar

02-13-2013

not even the brazilians look at him as they used to

Fawstus

02-14-2013

Here's some number crunshing for you:

Currently, between all the Champs that are listed as 'Fighters' at LoL wiki, on average, they have these atributes: Base Health/Health by level: 429,52/90,44; Base Health Regen/Health Regen by Level: 7,016/0,729; AD/AD per levl: 53,26/3,33; ASPD at level 1/Extra ASPD: 0,6489/2,66%; Base Armor/Armor by level: 16,34/3,47 and around 1,02 extra MR by level. All of tehm have 30 in base MR.

Now, those are average scores, take Garen's, as an example: 455+96 in Health, 7,50+0,75 health regen; 52,5+3,5 at AD; 0,625+2,9% in ASPD; 19+2,70 armor and 30+1,25 MR. Few champs can boast such stats, while only loosing to Shyvana and Olaf. This means that one of the most played champs at the 'Fighter' cathegory has a colection of strong, mostly above average scores for his base atributes, while also boasting a strong kit for suvivability, some damage and even some CC, he is viable, in the begining, mid and late game.

Lets take a look at Morde.

Morde has below average health (421+80/level), a poor health regen that begins above average, but looses it trough the levels (7,45+0,55/level), a somewhat disapointing AD, since it starts below average, but tends to increase well (51,70+3,5/level), somehow an above average ASPD that increases well (0,694+3%/level), a average MR (nothing special, really) and a below average armor that increases well with time (15+3,5). Know what? Not only Morde's stats are mostly below average (since his speed is under the average for such champs), some of his best stats aren't relevant in his gameplay: he does not need a good progression in AD and ASPD since he deals most of his damage via his spells, while he really could use a decent Health, Health Regen and Armor. All this while having a self destructive kit that trades 'real' hps for 'fake' hps that will deplete even if your enemy does nothing and having no CCs to speak of.

IMO, he needs some reworking.

BTW, the best scores by stat were: Jax, with 463 base health. Nunu with 108 extra health by level. Yorick with a base health regen of 8,5. Darius and Sion with 0,95 extra health regen by level. Warwick at 56,76 base AD. Cho'Gath and Skarner with 4,20 extra AD per level. Darius again with 20 base armor. Hecarim, Poppy and Udyr with 4 extra points of armor per level.

agbudar

02-15-2013

thnks for putting that out fawstus
id like to see what riot thinks for a change ...

agbudar

02-15-2013

btw if you go ranked with mordekaiser most people automatically say GG or asume your trolling

how BAD is that?

reapermech

02-15-2013

in my last ranked game my team and the enemy team said gg we have a morde .. then i ulted their vayne and got 2 towers and an inhib

DarkSideCreo

02-15-2013

He needs a visual update. Other than that he's fine, he's a situational pick, as many other ap carries are. He's not gonna work in every team comp you throw at him, but thats why we have 100+ champions

Fawstus

02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSideCreo View Post
He needs a visual update. Other than that he's fine, he's a situational pick, as many other ap carries are. He's not gonna work in every team comp you throw at him, but thats why we have 100+ champions
He isn't an AP Carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapermech View Post
in my last ranked game my team and the enemy team said gg we have a morde .. then i ulted their vayne and got 2 towers and an inhib
It happened once or many times? Do you think another champ like, say, Garen, could have contributed the same way? How much did you contribute to the other TFs? The enemy team was playing smart and walking around in sets of Guardian Angel? Outside a TF, could you handle an enemy bruiser in a 1x1 fight? Did the enemy team had a decent jungler?

I am asking you this because these are questions I ask myself after I play Morde in a game and a situaation like that happens. My point is: any champ can tip the balance of a TF. Any. Morde has a ult built to do that, one that has a very obvious countermeasure, while hisother skills and stats are not enough, IMO, to make him balanced and viable.

Do I like playing Morde? Hell yeah! He's the reason I started playing LoL and I really like playing him. The thing is, from my experience, he is not good enough right now to be considered competitive.

reapermech

02-16-2013

very true but i always find it funny when they underestimate a s1 champ.. i hope in the near future they reduce his hp costs for his early game or adjust his base hp/5 or his ap ratios