Does Mordekaiser need a complete new rework?

Yes Please I have been waiting for this 146 25.00%
Nah just a buff should be fine 210 35.96%
He is fine as it is 183 31.34%
Nerf him 45 7.71%
Voters: 584. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] mordekaiser rework

12345612 ... 28
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yidamorou

02-10-2013

I find Morde balanced. I'm still playing him season 3, and with the Deathfire Grasp buff, it's honestly a Mordekaiser buff. He's still really strong.

agbudar

02-12-2013

hmmm interesting its pretty much 50/50 as we speak thanks for the feedback yes but yidamorou part of my reasons for putting up this poll was because he lacks the build in damage these days and relies way more on items for damage then he used 2 he used to be a good bruiser now he's only so so

Awfully Beast

02-12-2013

YOU ALL ARE STUPID AND SILLY!!! OMG!! have you ever played mord in mid lane? he gets countered hard by talon and sometimes a good vlad, but anyone else is a joke... is all you have to do is farm early game, which by level 5 and hextech you can clear waves with your q and e. so don't qq about him being weak... seriously. mord is the strongest champ i know late game.. once i was 1/5 with mord top against a darius. i got hextech and rylais after 200 farm and went 9/6. thats a difference of 8/1 late game... get this poll out of here, hope riot closes this thread honestly.

Fawstus

02-12-2013

The thing is, right now Morde's only about damage, and he does not deal that much damage. He is not even close to the damage potential of an APC. There is a serious problem: either he builds a lot of AP and dies really fast or he builds up his defenses and does nothing, since he has not even a single CC effect.

IMO, I'd either give him more passive defensive extras (maybe those buffs form Creeping Death could be turned into a passive and permanent bonus), a few CCs on his skills or eliminating some of his health costs to improve his eraly game with a nearly unremovable mid/top laner. Even something like a mark such as Shen's, but directed to his shield: he hits someone with a skill, every other damage caused on marked target nails him some more shield.

This might seem unreasonable, but I'd love to see Morde getting more shield. If Riot asked me in, I'd say it should be always half his maximum life, making Health Items more viable on him (Hello, Lyandri's and Rylay's...)

My Thoughts.

MajorSwain

02-12-2013

@MarcusGraves Don't you dare talk of touching his AD Ratio.

I play AD Mordekaiser in TT and its amazing to see the jaws drop when you can hit people for half their lifebar with his Q.

Awfully Beast

02-12-2013

Lolololol. this thread is a joke. just because you all cannot play morde doesnt mean he needs a rework. you are probably being hypocritical and using the same ol build or trying some stupid new one and failing with it. Get hextech as usual, then rylais, and rabadons (or zhonyas, depends) a dfg and then a GA... It is sad that you cannot play someone that has massive potential. Let me guess? he doesnt do enough damage because you are trying to 1v1 people? FARM GET TO LATE GAME> TEAM FIGHT> HIT ALL OF THEM WITH YOUR SKILLS!!! all of them are aoe except his ult which is still insane especially if you focus their adc and get the ghost from it. SERIOUSLY L2P

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfully Beast View Post
Lolololol. this thread is a joke. just because you all cannot play morde doesnt mean he needs a rework. you are probably being hypocritical and using the same ol build or trying some stupid new one and failing with it.
So, by your logic, it's idiotic to stick to what works, but equally stupid to experiment?
Quote:
Get hextech as usual, then rylais, and rabadons (or zhonyas, depends) a dfg and then a GA...
And proceed to get out-bursted all early-game, out-DPS'd all late game, and generally be useless.

At least you edited it to say "hextech" instead of "gunblade" before I quoted you. I would have railed you much more for that.
Quote:
It is sad that you cannot play someone that has massive potential.
His massive potential is the 30 seconds that he can steal the enemy carry. And guess how long it takes for the enemy carry to either build Maw of Malmortius or Mercurial Scimitar when they see a Mordekaiser on the enemy team?
Quote:
Let me guess? he doesnt do enough damage because you are trying to 1v1 people? FARM GET TO LATE GAME> TEAM FIGHT> HIT ALL OF THEM WITH YOUR SKILLS!!! all of them are aoe except his ult which is still insane especially if you focus their adc and get the ghost from it. SERIOUSLY L2P
Mordekaiser is weak. His early game is hampered extremely by his HP costs, and then after you get Revolver, all you can do is farm. If your opponent was stupid enough to feed, you can farm off them too, but you're not really effective. Then when it gets to late game, you have to either position yourself extremely well or have a team hold the other team down in order to actually get any AoE into the fight, because you're slow as Darius (about as useful, too).

And again, the carry just got an upgrade; remember when people would complain that QSS counters Mord's ulti, and people would say "but it's a waste of a slot"? Well now it upgrades into an AD/MR item that still removes all debuffs.

RadiantPyrophore

02-12-2013

Morde is actually pretty strong right now guys, and anyone who says he doesn't scale well never team fights.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPyrophore View Post
Morde is actually pretty strong right now guys, and anyone who says he doesn't scale well never team fights.
Or...maybe he doesn't?

Cause, y'know, for an AP bruiser, his damage sucks if he doesn't build pure AP.

agbudar

02-12-2013

the problem right now is the following

you go pure tank = no real damage to worry about and no CC unless you go for Rylai's and even with that the CC is Marginal at best. A garen that goes Pure tank will out dps you a lee sin that goes pure tank will out dps you out cc you in short own you. and i can list all the other tanks in game as well alistar is the only one that comes to mind that won't out damage you but he has good CC
pure AP = less damage then other pure AP characters or APC's most will outrange you as well.
take Ryze for example they both get 10 K who will kill who? ryze will win that 8/10 of all akali ? dont even start guys ...
added shield wont help much since you haven't build the items neccesary for making it useful
Bruiser = ok damage ok survival but thats where it ends take Lee sin or garen for example they can build waay tankier and still do decent damage and CC everyone

so where does that leave Mordekaiser?

just painfully wait till they screw up so you can feed? farm 400 creeps so you can at least build decent items for lvl 18? 90% of the games these days will have ended already and even if you get this far you will only have reached the same as garen or lee sin who have been dominating you the entire game before .... ye great late game potential indeed.it really used to be so that Mordekaiser was DANGEROUS late game even if he wasn't uberly fed but that has been nerfed away from him completely and his garbage early and garbage-mediocre mid game remains.

to give you an example i went top lane vs a mordekaiser with wukong and it was surprising to see how fast his HP drops just from casting spells you don't even notice his shield anymore... it was one of the easiest top lanes i went up against and it wasn't that he was a noob he knew his way around morde granted i knew him better but still.

so yes in conclusion I feel he needs a revamp

12345612 ... 28