[Champion Concept] - Eurus, The Approaching Storm

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronikmagii

02-09-2013

Hello,
My Champion idea is for a Mid/Support role and maybe even Jungle if played right.
I guess I'll just jump right into it then, Oh and I made this based on Wulffe's Guide. Thanks for the outline!

Eurus, The Approaching Storm

LORE
-
Eons before Shurima was the barren desert it lays today, it was a lush and serene landscape home to many peaceful creatures. Amongst these creatures were the Air Elementals. More powerful than all of the other Elementals, the Air Elementals stood the protectors of Shurima, should disaster ever strike. Eurus and his brothers, Boreas, Zephyrus, and Notus were all highly revered in texts, but Notus was jealous of his brothers. He felt that he was thought of as weak because his brothers were all praised for things he was not.

Notus was the only one of the four brothers that was not associated with a Season, this made him deceitful and hungry for the power and fame he believed he deserved. After secretly honing his powers he erupted in an epic onslaught, attempting to defeat his brothers one by one knowing if they banded together they would surely destroy him. He sought out his oldest brother, Boreas, first for he knew of his aggression and strength. In the midst of the battle Eurus witnessed the sight and immediately fled to find his brother Zephryus. Unable to find him and unsure of his condition Eurus decided to abandon his kingdom, for Notus clearly would have overpowered him in a fight.

Outraged in his failed attempt to slay all his brothers, Notus named them Banished and stripped any remnants of them ever existing from all texts. He claimed his Title as ‘Overseer of Shurima’ and his reign of terror began soon after; Crops died, civilizations fell to drought, and the land itself dried up into a terrifying desert which could only sustain minimal life. With Boreas gone and Zephyrus’ whereabouts unknown, Eurus decided to wander Runeterra in his plight to possibly find Zephyrus and reclaim their homeland from their Tyrant of a brother.

While he wandered, he cared little for others, he would practice his skills by unleashing hurricanes and other devastating tempests that would ravage communities everywhere he went. Realizing he had acted foolish by practicing his deadly arts around helpless populations he decided to only do so when it was a safe proximity from civilizations, but with life teeming everywhere he turned it was near impossible. After desperately meandering for countless years, Eurus caught wind of the League of Legends and he thought it the perfect place to Hone his skills in order to defeat Notus and return his homeland to the paradise it was meant to be.

“Anyone can rule with Fear, but it takes true power to put your people before yourself.” - Eurus’ brother Boreas

**"Eurus caught wind" (yes, Pun intended :P)
{Overview}

Gender - Male
Race - Air Elemental
Origin - Shurima
Alliance - Neutral
Class - AP Caster
Subclass - Support
(Sub)Subclass - Jungler
Weapon - the Air around him
Attack Type - Ranged
Energy Source - Mana

Eurus is an AP Caster Champion who can either be a burst damage dealer or a Support that will turn the tide for your entire team. His E is a very unique move that can be utilized for escaping or just dishing out decent damage while taking none. He is very versatile and will be a hard champion to catch and put down due to his speed and resistance to debuffs.

{Abilities}
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Passive (Mana Tap): Eurus naturally has a flat amount of Spellvamp (15%) and also gains 2% of his Max Mana back with each successful basic attack.
(This passive will help him lane like no other, he can stay in lane much longer as long as he has the health, and in a Support scenario he can focus more on items that benefit the Carry since his mana won't be a problem).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hidden Passive (Thanks to Aevus Clumpus!) Due to Janna's ability to manipulate air, Eurus compliments her and her Passive is increased by and additional 1% for the team.(Friendly Only)
Q (Piercing Wind): After a short delay(.25 seconds), Eurus unleashes a blast of air that deals moderate magic damage to enemies in front of him.

-Type (Multiple Target, think of it like Xerath's Q)
-Amount(Damage - 80/120/160/200/240)(+0.6/AP)
-Buff/Debuff Type (Lowers the Armor of all enemies struck for a few seconds)
-Buff/Debuff Value (5/10/15/25/35)
-Duration (in Seconds, 2/2.5/3/3.5/4)
-Range - 900
-Cost (55/65/75/85/95)
-Cooldown (in Seconds, 8/7.5/7/6.5/6)
-Target Type (Enemy, Minions and Champions)
W (Upheaval): Eurus surrounds himself with violent winds lowering all nearby enemies attack speeds while boosting his own and any nearby Allies.

-Type (AoE)
-Buff/Debuff Type (Lowers nearby enemy attack speeds, boosts nearby teammate's attack speeds)
-Buff/Debuff Value (in percentages, 10/14/18/22/26)
-Duration (4/5/6/7/8)
-AoE Radius - 300
-Cost (50/60/70/80/90)
-Cooldown (In seconds, 12/11.5/11/10.5/10)
-Target Type (Ally/Enemy)
-Note - this effect stays active while he is Dissipated (next skill)
E (Dissipate): Upon activation Eurus breaks free of any Debuffs/Solws currently on him and begins turning into a cloud of gas allowing him to ignore unit collision and deal magic damage every second to nearby enemies while slowing them on contact. Additionally, Eurus gains increased movement speed and for the first half of the duration Eurus is untargetable.

-Type (AoE, Escape)
-Amount(Damage/second - 35/55/75/95/115)(+0.4/AP)
-Movement Speed Buff (30% static for all levels)
-Buff/Debuff Type (Slow)
-Buff/Debuff Value (in percentages, 20/25/30/35/40)
-Duration of Dissipate(in seconds, 2/2.5/3/3.5/4)
-Duration of Slow(in seconds, 2/2.5/3/3.5/4)
-DoT Radius - 250
-Cost (60/75/90/105/120)
-Cooldown (in seconds, 12/11/10/9/8)
-Target Type (Self)
-This can be used to escape through thin jungle walls depending on the level.
R (Calamity): Eurus summons a self-imploding vortex that slows all enemies inside it and pulls them towards the center. After 3 seconds the vortex shatters dealing magic damage to each enemy inside of it depending on how close they were to the center. The force of the explosion stuns all enemies struck by the blast.

-Type (AoE)
-Amount(Damage at center - 300/450/600)(+0.5/AP)
-Buff/Debuff Type (Stun)
-Duration of Stun (in seconds, 2/2.5/3)
-AoE Radius - 400/500/600
-Cost (100/100/100)
-Cooldown (in seconds, 90/75/60)
-Target Type (Enemy)
-Note, I made the damage on this higher than normal Ultimates because it is decreased the further from the center you are. so since it is unlikely you will get everyone in the center, I made it a little boosted all around.
Skill Flow(kill combo) - R,Q,E,W,Basic Attacks, If cooldown is up then E again to clean up the kill with minimal damage.

{Base Stats}

Base Health - 420(+85/level, 1950)
Base Mana - 260(+50/level, 1160)
Base Attack Damage - 50(+3.5/level, 113)
Base Attack Speed - 0.625(+3.0%/level)
Attack Range - 550
Base Armor - 11(+4/level, 83)
Magic Resistance - 30(+0/level, 30)
Movement Speed -355 (I set this higher than a normal mage for the reason that he is basically wind, so it wouldn't fit him to be slow)

{Appearance}

Height - No distinguished height
Physical Build - A contained mass of violently moving winds
Eye color - His eyes glow blue, for blue is the color of the sky, and it symbolizes Wisdom, Truth, and Loyalty.
Attire - No Clothes, just air. Even though he has stats like Armor and Magic Resist it isn't due to his attire, its due to the fact that Weapons go through him making them deal less damage, along with the same principle for Skills.
Other: He is a gas, but he has the ability to assume the shape of anything he chooses, so he may very well look humanoid.

I did not draw this, it was on google, it is simply the exact depiction of how i saw Eurus, If anyone wants to re draw Eurus for me that is similar to this it would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise this is all i have to show what he would look like.
http://www.wizards.com/mtg/images/da...ntalSplash.jpg

{Dialogue}

-Champion Selection- "I will never bow"
-Movement Quotes- "Let's get this over with" "No time to waste here"
-Attacking Quotes- "You can't stop me!" "This is easy"
-Q Use- "Nowhere is safe for you"
-W Use- "Together, we must fight!"
-E Use- "I go with the wind"
-R Use- "This is True Power!"
-Taunts- "Let me show you the meaning of Power"
-Jokes- "Watch this, I bet I'll blow you away"
-Recall- "I must live"
-Dance- when you tell him to dance he simply does nothing and says, "I don't...dance." in a grumpy tone.
-I see the voices on champs no matching the way they look all the time, and for Eurus i can't even explain how i want it to sound, but if you have ever seen the movie "White Noise" then it is similar to the voices heard through the tv. Kinda like people are all talking at once or its slightly static sounding.

Well that's it for now, I will try to make some concept art for this Champ idea so i can get his real image across, but it probably wont be anything fancy.

Thanks for reading!

-Kronikmagii

Aevus Clumpus

02-09-2013

Very interesting concept. A few immediate thoughts:
1. Passive may be too strong. Cut it in half with either the "restore mana with auto attacks" OR "passively getting spell vamp that scales with AP" being strong passives on their own.
2. The duration of dissipate is very long. It would allow Eurus to walk through VERY think walls with no problem. At the moment, certain walls are considered to big for anyone to pass through and I believe that is done intentionally on Riot's part.
Think of giving him a hidden passive with Janna. These little details can be quite fun to create and add.
Overall, nice concept, keep them coming!

Kronikmagii

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevus Clumpus View Post
Very interesting concept. A few immediate thoughts:
1. Passive may be too strong. Cut it in half with either the "restore mana with auto attacks" OR "passively getting spell vamp that scales with AP" being strong passives on their own.
2. The duration of dissipate is very long. It would allow Eurus to walk through VERY think walls with no problem. At the moment, certain walls are considered to big for anyone to pass through and I believe that is done intentionally on Riot's part.
Think of giving him a hidden passive with Janna. These little details can be quite fun to create and add.
Overall, nice concept, keep them coming!

Took note of the Passive being a bit OP, made it a flat amount of Spell Vamp instead of scaling with AP, this is along with the mana gained upon each basic attack.

I think it may seem like much but if you compare it to someone like Akali then it will be under powered. but yes you may be right in that it was too much with the Spellvamp scaling with AP.

I will also decrease the duration of Dissipate, I was on the fence about its duration and you cleared it up for me.

**Passive changed from SV that scaled with AP and mana sap on each strike ---> A flat 15% of SV and mana sap on each strike
**E - Dissipate's duration changed from 5 second cap to 4 second cap at max level.

The English Boss

02-10-2013

Sounds legit. Riot where are you when the good things become presented to you?!

SephirothWontDie

02-10-2013

this seems interesting enough.

passive: basically.... morgana's passive with mana gain? >.>

q: good, but I see no ratios. that's kind of important.

w: this seems fair enough, but I suggest that you don't make it a toggle, give this a duration. and make only affect surrounding allies and enemies at time of cast.

e: um.... Im kind of worried about 4 seconds untargetable, especially since that's a long way to go in 4 seconds while being untargetable. and he breaks free of slows and debuffs? my suggestion, make him still vulnerable to slows and snares, and reduce the untargetable time by half. like, it takes a little time to fade out, and he still gains the effects. also, need ratios for damage please.

r: once again, need ratios. but still, looks good.

overall: I don't see ratios for any of your damaging abilities where they should be. the abilities seem fair for the most part, but you will need ratios to really determine how balanced this is. keep working.

Kronikmagii

02-10-2013

Thanks for the Feedback!

Changes made:

Ratios have been added, I could've sworn i made ratios but i guess they didn't get saved, good catch thanks.

W - (Upheaval) has been changed from a toggle to a active, but I left it as an aura affecting any new enemies or allies coming into range for that is how most skills like that work.

E - (Dissipate) has been revamped a bit. it still frees you of any Debuffs/Slows upon activation, however, now you are only Untargetable for the first half of its duration instead of the whole time, which gives you a max of 2 seconds of invulnerability which I think is more than fair. During the second half of the duration you still have the DoT and ignore unit collision but you can be targeted again.

R - (Calamity) added radius that increases with each rank, decreased the stun duration to cap at 3 seconds instead of 4, seemed a little high now that I look at it.

Thanks for the review.

MMHSTerror

02-10-2013

Evaluation Time!

Passive - Starting at 15% right away? Might want to make it scale with level like Nasus and Morgana's leech passives.

Q - Being long range, high damage, and having a debuff. With all that, it should be balanced by increasing the mana cost and cooldown. Also duration needs to come down, at max rank, it is longer than the cool down of the ability.

W - Seems fine except for the cool down, again, much too short. Also, you forgot to add in a range for this ability.

E - Duration is again a problem here, the slow is far too long and the cool down much too short for an ability that makes you untargetable for 2 seconds. You should add a range for the ability.

Assuming this is similar to Vlad's Blood pool, how can it move through walls?

Ultimate - This is incredibly OP, a pull, a stun, and damage, all even higher than Amumu's ultimate and on a minute cooldown? Pulls generally prevent targets from acting so you effectively have a 6 second stun.

Your concept is fine but rather unbalanced in terms of being a support as you intended. You need to rethink the power of CC and stuns.

Kronikmagii

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMHSTerror View Post
Evaluation Time!

Passive - Starting at 15% right away? Might want to make it scale with level like Nasus and Morgana's leech passives.

Q - Being long range, high damage, and having a debuff. With all that, it should be balanced by increasing the mana cost and cooldown. Also duration needs to come down, at max rank, it is longer than the cool down of the ability.

W - Seems fine except for the cool down, again, much too short. Also, you forgot to add in a range for this ability.

E - Duration is again a problem here, the slow is far too long and the cool down much too short for an ability that makes you untargetable for 2 seconds. You should add a range for the ability.

Assuming this is similar to Vlad's Blood pool, how can it move through walls?

Ultimate - This is incredibly OP, a pull, a stun, and damage, all even higher than Amumu's ultimate and on a minute cooldown? Pulls generally prevent targets from acting so you effectively have a 6 second stun.

Your concept is fine but rather unbalanced in terms of being a support as you intended. You need to rethink the power of CC and stuns.
Thanks for the Evaluation, let me explain myself with a few of these concerns.

The reason I have the passive at a Flat 15% is because most of his damage is AoE so it will be reduced anyway.

His Q - your claim is reasonable and I will lower the duration of the armor debuff and also tweak the damage output, and the cooldowns. I'm not sure about making it cost more because he already has a mana on the lower side for being an AP caster, but I'll consider it as i look it over.

His W - I'll tweak the cooldowns. and yes i will add a radius.

His E - Duration of Slow will be decreased, however this move is not the same as Vlad's Blood Pool, in Blood Pool Vlad sinks into the ground but he is still physically there. In Dissipate however, Eurus basically evaporates into particles that in theory should be able to go through tree lines. Also i will add a radius for the DoT and Slow.

His R - I don't see this as OP, first of all with Amumu he has a massive radius from the get go and it is near impossible to escape, this one's radius increases with rank. Secondly the enemies are only stunned if they are caught in the blast, if you happen to be on the edge of it when it is placed you could easily escape being unharmed and I made the damage increase to even out the decreasing damage the further the enemy is from the center.

Enemies like Fizz, Ezreal, Tryn, Fiora, and anyother Champs with a dash ability will be able to escape his ult easily. and even if they don't have a dash they could easily Flash out.

But still if you do the math with a basic build: say like 350 AP and at max rank
it would be a 600 Radius AoE, with a damage of 775 in the CENTER, not throughout. Not to mention any damage you may block with Magic Resist, so it really isn't that much damage if you really think about it. That's why i added the stun.

You are right for the duration of the pull, all movement would be halted, but skills are still fully funtional, so any dash moves can be utilized to escape or summoner spells like Flash.

For these reason I don't think the Ult will be Tampered with.

I respect your opinions and thanks for the Review!

If you have any champs you would like reviewed post them here and I'll check them out.

Kronikmagii

02-10-2013

Recent Changes:

Q - Duration of Onhit effect nerfed, Cooldown increased, Mana Cost increased. Also, Damage was slightly lowered.

W - Radius added, Cooldown fixed to be longer than the duration of the spell.

E - Radius added, Duration of Slow has been decreased.

R - No Changes have been made.

Thanks again for the feedback everyone, spread the word lets get some more voices in here!

Kronikmagii

02-13-2013

Updates:

-Joke updated
-Lore touched up a bit.