How to get out of Bronze League (Elo Hell) - Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Prôphet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Hey all,

I've been playing league now for a good two years, I love the game, and imo it's a lot funner than the other MOBA's out there. I consider myself a pretty good player, I main Jungle, but am also a good Top and Mid, I am nowhere near amazing, certainly not Challenger tier, but a general pretty good player. I have very consistent high scores and rarely have a bad game, and can certainly not be found too feed.

Here's my problem. With the introduction of season 3 and it's new ranking system, I was... excited to say the least! It made me really interested in ranked and made me want to play it, I had done a bit of ranked before, but not too much.

Here's how my 10 Sorting games went:

Game 1: Loss, Bot Lane Fed 8 Kills before 10mins
Game 2: Loss, Bot Lane Fed excessively
Game 3: Win, Managed to Pub Stomp as Darius
Game 4: Loss, Mid and Top Fed
Game 5: Loss, Our Graves left 5mins into the game, 4v5
Game 6: Loss, Mid Fed
Game 7: Win, Managed to Carry as Nocturne
Game 8: Loss, In champion select someone said "Mid or I'm feeding" .. He didn't get mid
Game 9: Loss, Support Caitlyn ftw...
Game 10: Loss, Our Lux never joined, 4v5

Now naturally after this I was pretty disappointed and of course got sorted into the lovely bronze league, better known as 'Elo Hell', because simply... the player in there are just terrible, the majority of them don't understand counters, don't understand wards, most of them don't even seem to know that an ADC and Supp go bot.. I find myself repetitively trying to carry... carry? that's a silly word... I find myself DRAGGING people through the games.

I just don't get it, why was I sent here? I constantly play 5v5's with my Gold League friends, each and every game I play just as well as them, some games even better than them, I just don't understand.

So finally, here is my question fellow summoners.

1. Was anyone else 'falsely' put in a lower league?

2. Anyone have any suggestions how to get the F**K out of this and actually get to a league that people know what Armor Penetration and Magic Penetration are...

Regards,

Prophet
(A summoner who's had enough of this brain dmg Bronze is giving me!)

Míley Dyrus

02-08-2013

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/2...2#ranked-stats
These are your ranked stats.
You have a positive KD with one champion. Normally I'd tell you placements aren't everything and you'll be put where you belong over a longer period of time, but I genuinely think you belong where you're at.

Mestaaja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prôphet View Post

1. Was anyone else 'falsely' put in a lower league?

2. Anyone have any suggestions how to get the F**K out of this and actually get to a league that people know what Armor Penetration and Magic Penetration are...
1. Perhaps, but play enough games and if you're consistently better than the people you play with you will inevitably rise in ranks, but don't expect it to happen over 10 games.

2. Play better yourself, focus on your own mistakes instead of just blaming the worst person on your team, that won't make you win more. You are the only variable that you can consistently influence in all your games. Die less, play safe and farm instead of going for kills, let the enemies make mistakes and capitalize on them instead of playing aggro when you know you're better than them.

Regards,
Bronze league player and proud of it

rikoLash

02-09-2013

Bronze leaugue if definitively not elo hell, I'm in it and it's far from it.
Most players in my ELO understand counter picking, general mechanics, calls, warding, map control and strong builds etc. I have found very few straight up weak players. I lose games because we simply get outplayed, not because of trolls or horrible players.

Honestly, when you win your first few games your set to be put with good players, and when you lose the first few, your next few are going to go downhill faasst. You're teammates feeding excessively does not count as an excuse not to carry. In order to carry a game in low elo, you don't just win our lane, you need to win ALL of them. That's why roles with global presence are important, such as mid and jungle. Champions like Nocturne Twisted Fate and Pantheon etc can really help you improve in helping teammates that you otherwise wouldn't help.

The difference between Gold and Bronze is much less defined than most people think, but every little thing adds up.There are things that you clearly expect from your Gold rated teammates that you just won't get from Bronze rated players, and that's why you need to treat teammates of different skill levels differently.

Bumbah

02-09-2013

2 Bronze ranked games for last night incldued two afk/dcs. Once on my team ( L) and once on the enemy team (W). Bronze has more dc/afkers/trolls/bad attitudes resulting in lame games. The skill level isnt that different

Playful n Tricky

02-09-2013

While I was just shy of silver elo before the new system too effect , I was placed into bronze division 1. While being silver last season I figured that I did not deserve to be in bronze . HOWEVER . I have not played very much ranked this season and at first when I played in division 1 of bronze I won my first few games , and then after carrying hard one game with pantheon I ended up being 4v5 and almost leading my team to victory as jungle shen. This marked the beginning of a sad losing streak that ended me up in bronze 2. However , at this point I went on a big winning streak and reached back up to my division series which began well with a 1 game win , followed by two crushing defeats.

After losing my division series , I had an epiphany that just because I am in bronze division , doesnt mean that there are not other players here that play equally well and deserve to be in a higher division or tier aswell , I also found out that during my bronze 2 division series that I was playing against players up in the low silver tiers.

This has drawn me to the conclusion that your division is just as riot has said , merely a way to track your personal progress. This makes it seem very possible that every player will have their own unique track to silver , gold , plat, and diamond. Furthermore after all this had happened I had read about someone in silver playing against players with gold and plat.

So the moral of the story is , do not worry about what your current 'title' is , if you stop playing to improve elo , but legitimately play to not only get better but to have fun then you will start to win more games and as a result gain elo.

While I have not played very much ranked as of late this whole experience has brought me back to normals to have a look at a bunch of my main champion pool , add / remove / restrategize some of my personal roster. I have also began to play top lane in addition to my other roles. While some champions and builds have been working out of me and some have been a complete fail , I am making my roster better so that when I do get back into ranked I can play with purpose and bring my best game in any situation that I face, and I suggest that you all do the same thing.

Cubeb0y

02-09-2013

Bad luck happens. And bad kdrs happen too. Im in the gold bracket, and always contribute, but my kdrs arent amazing because I usually sacrifice to win teamfights as supports/tanks. And when you are losing, you have to meatshield for your adc and pray some of the time, so I know your frustration.

Keep playing. Eventually you will get a solid team. **riot does not target anyone to stick bad people with** so since half the time your team is better, half the time its worse, it falls to you to make the difference in the long run.

Also, since people are generally close in skill level, just try to enhance your allies. Instead of Darius ulting through a fight, feed some kills to your allies. Communicate about problem situations. No team has truly lost until their unity is broken.

Greenlee19

02-09-2013

Lol I love these comments "play make yourself better with feeders/afkers and you will move up if your skill allows" hmmm last I checked a loss is a loss doesn't matter if I'm 20/1 or 0/15 if I lose I end up out of around on average 13 lp.

Let's see if I play around 8 games and even go so far as winning half of them I won't be moving very far and if I do get to 100 points finally what are my chances of getting a decent enough team to win 2 more games out of 3?

Then not only do we have to worry about that but next tier up you lose 6 games and it's a demotion if you don't win any in between which if you arnt lucky most likely will happen. Until riot actually gets a system set up where the better players get rewarded more/lose less points on a loss its not going to be accurate.

The matchmaking system is all random you never know if you or your enemy is gonna get the tells and in bronze there are plenty to go around...

til Days of Blue

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlee19 View Post
Lol I love these comments "play make yourself better with feeders/afkers and you will move up if your skill allows" hmmm last I checked a loss is a loss doesn't matter if I'm 20/1 or 0/15 if I lose I end up out of around on average 13 lp.

Let's see if I play around 8 games and even go so far as winning half of them I won't be moving very far and if I do get to 100 points finally what are my chances of getting a decent enough team to win 2 more games out of 3?

Then not only do we have to worry about that but next tier up you lose 6 games and it's a demotion if you don't win any in between which if you arnt lucky most likely will happen. Until riot actually gets a system set up where the better players get rewarded more/lose less points on a loss its not going to be accurate.

The matchmaking system is all random you never know if you or your enemy is gonna get the tells and in bronze there are plenty to go around...
You belong to bronze 4 because you think like that.

I never cried about unbalanced teams, the only time I ever complained about the ranked system is this new system, as the promotional matches are much more luck based than the ELO system. However, in both systems, if you have the skill, you will raise in rank, if you don't, suck it up.

LeadStriker

02-09-2013

"Game 8: Loss, In champion select someone said "Mid or I'm feeding" .. He didn't get mid"
ahhahahshdhahhahahshhdahhahahahahahha