Promotion Series

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TuckerP

02-08-2013

What is the calculation for what teammates you get during promotion series? I don't ever get trolls on my team until my promotion series starts. Then people start picking two AP mids or going afk. If I am gold, do promotion series put me with silver/bronze players? Just wondering.

-TuckerP

Alumenlux

02-08-2013

a matter of bad luck for you

the matchmaking system is the same for every game as far as i know

Absinthe

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumenlux View Post
a matter of bad luck for you

the matchmaking system is the same for every game as far as i know
Its not. Promo series uses a similar formula to duo queues I believe. I'm not aware that riot has announced exacts though. You can clearly see it makes you try to lose your promo series though.

TuckerP

02-08-2013

Yeah that's what I was thinking. My promo series are much harder, which I think is what they were going for. But I have much worse teammates. The one I just played: Our fp went Nid and called mid. So I picked Garen to go top. Our third pick waits until the last possible second and then picks Ryze. Now what? Garen support...because I want to win my promo series.

Bich

02-08-2013

It took me 13 promo series to get out of my division. Win 4, go promo, trolled twice. I smell fish.

TuckerP

02-08-2013

Right now I'm on my third promotion series. First two, I just had terrible teammates.

TuckerP

02-09-2013

Also, I don't understand how I can be gold 3 and get gold 4's higher pick order than me. Last game I had a gold 4 higher than me and two silvers below me. What is this new system? It seems retarded.