New Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lycaeus

02-08-2013

I have to say, though, the tribunal system really is pretty awesome. A great way to involve the community in these things, as well as lighten the workload your end. I'm not quite level 20 yet, but I'm looking forward to doing my part. I have always enjoyed moderation, from forums to games.

SqueezeMeNow

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I'd be open to discussing your Reform Card if you want to post it. I'd be curious whether the community finds your behavior acceptable.
You could just do like you did with a select few 'pro' players you held to 'the same standards as everyone else' and make it public knowledge, name and nationality included.

I honestly wouldn't mind one less case of hypocrisy from Riot on matters of the tribunal.

Oris Mador

02-08-2013

I noticed that bit with the progress bar. At least I now know why they had so many reports on the first page most of the time. Keep up the good work.

Trumanator

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueezeMeNow View Post
You could just do like you did with a select few 'pro' players you held to 'the same standards as everyone else' and make it public knowledge, name and nationality included.

I honestly wouldn't mind one less case of hypocrisy from Riot on matters of the tribunal.
Pro/aspiring pro players give up their right to anonymity when they seek to put themselves in the spotlight. Riot has a legitimate interest in ensuring that those who represent its game are upstanding members of the community.

punk n lol

02-08-2013

@Lyte please review this http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3101467

Broshious

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
  • We’ve tweaked how The Tribunal builds cases: Instead of 100% random sampling, The Tribunal will attempt to find the games that ultimately sent each player to The Tribunal. By selecting recent games that had a big impact in sending the player to The Tribunal, you should see the average number of reports against a player increase per game.

• The Tribunal system is a constant balance between speed and accuracy. In the past, we were concerned that forcing The Tribunal to find more games per case meant that toxic players were left unchecked for longer than necessary. However, we realize that more information for our judges means more accurate verdicts, and recent optimizations have allowed us to change The Tribunal so that every case will have at least two games to review instead of one.

These changes are already live, so go check them out and let us know what you think! We’re confident that these changes will improve the accuracy of The Tribunal system without compromising on speed.

[url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/"]Visit the Tribunal[/url2] today and help us make a difference in the community!
Underlines are my added emphasis.

First off I'd like to say I love the Tribunal system and the idea of having the community involvement.

As far as the changes go I could not be happier for having games that will more likely show the reason for the player being reported. That will make our job so very much easier. I think one additional change could help with accuracy even more, and perhaps weed out false reports, and that is to either A. Not include reports where the player hasn't typed in the reason for the report, or B. Force players to type at least a certain number of characters if they are going to report. I feel as a player, that if someone is toxic enough for me to be reporting them that I should take the time to give the reason why I am doing so which should also make it easier for Tribunal judges to determine the accuracy of my report and the toxicity of the player.

Secondly, as has been said by many a red post, the people who end up in the Tribunal are reported and reported often. So, I have a very hard time understanding why there would be cases with only two games. I've seen it myself where each game has just one report(with almost always no additional information), and yet this player is supposedly so toxic that they need to be punished. Now as you've said that the Tribunal will be looking for the most recent and egregious offenses I can possibly see a case with just two games where there are maybe 3+ reporters per game, but I still feel as if this person is in the Tribunal there will (or at least in my mind should be) be AT LEAST 5 games in which the player has been reported so that we can always have the most information when making our decisions.

I've actually had another idea which I'm sure many other players have had as well, and that is based on the fact that it has been said that people who falsely report have their reports disregarded by the system. Now that is great, but what if you were to, beside each report put some sort of rating system, or perhaps that reporters previous accuracy in finding toxic players. That way when I look at a game with one report and the reporter's accuracy is rather low, I can go in being skeptical of the person actually being guilty. Also it would be nice to know if the people reporting queued up together.

I've always felt, and I believe Riot feels the same way that transparency and more information is almost always better than having less information. Now it can be that certain changes would take too much effort, or not be possible given the way the system works, but I still believe every effort, especially in a justice type system, should be given to give the "jury" the best possible chance of making the correct decision.

P.S. - You mention worry over compromising the speed of the Tribunal's ability to remove toxic players. I've tried to keep up with most every red post about the Tribunal, but I was away for a time so perhaps I missed this, but could you explain to me what would slow the system down when the people who make it into the Tribunal have to have many reports against them.

P.P.S - Thank you Riot for doing such a ****ing amazing job on a FREE GAME. Having read posts from Riot employees and reading the thread about needing designers made me wish I had the skills required as I love the general style of humor and tone of the posts that at the same time give information and answer player questions.

SqueezeMeNow

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanator View Post
Pro/aspiring pro players give up their right to anonymity when they seek to put themselves in the spotlight. Riot has a legitimate interest in ensuring that those who represent its game are upstanding members of the community.
Yes they do. Shame they don't. Punishing a select few and making a PR statement out of it for the community is a joke. Also, publicizing it is a mistake on so many levels it is remarkably inept of them to go that route.

Edit: As an additional note, I don't only call Riot on their fart stink when I am banned. I am pretty consistent.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Lyte, there are people who had posted in this thread on ideas to improve the Tribunal. I hope you take a look at the bottom of the opening post.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2942140

Changes are awesome BTW.

InfiniteSneeze

02-08-2013

Lyte,

1. Will there ever be a consideration of adding back the incentive of giving IP for judging cases? Just curious.

2. Do you believe that there should be a feature where it allows an individual reviewing a case to submit a review an unreported player in the case? (ex: Reported Player: noob team vulgarity etc. Player 2: **** you you don't help you noob.)

3. Though off topic, is there a line at which point one gets a certain crest of honor? In my case, I have 350 Teamwork honors and 120 HO, with me currently having the HO crest.

4. How do you think my behavior over games or my rate of being reported? Just curious.

If you can't answer all, prioritize 1 and 2.

SqueezeMeNow

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Bandito View Post
Lyte, there are people who had posted in this thread on ideas to improve the Tribunal. I hope you take a look at the bottom of the opening post.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2942140

Changes are awesome BTW.
Desperate.