Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kat with new AD runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udontgnome

10-25-2010

So I was just thinking about this and how it probably sucks.

But on the off chance that it doesn't, has anyone tried it yet?

TL Frolo

10-25-2010

why does kat need AD runes?
she does magic damage

Fluffy1

10-25-2010

hes refering to the buffed flat and scaling damage runes, which 2 of her 3 damage abilites scale off.

havent tested it yet, could be possible to give AD kat an early boost to help farming that BF sword faster since shes not reliant on runes.

ShootingSkyy

10-25-2010

I've tried it. Kat is my main. I still find that AP is more viable, as her shunpo becomes almost a nuke as well as her ult does a decent amount of damage. The AP also helps to give her more health, which we all know going into a fight (if your not paying to close attention ) that you tend to target the one that looks squshy, aka has the most spead out health bars. AD is nice if you need to rip through towers or you have a healy tanky team, but even then...I'd still rock AP over AD.

If you put the two next to eachother, which I have done. Everytime an AP kat goes against an AD kat...the AP kat has won. Kinda explains itself.

Computerz

Recruiter

10-25-2010

Quote:
Frolossus:
why does kat need AD runes?
she does magic damage

*facepalm*

Kroghar

10-25-2010

Quote:
ShootingSkyy:
If you put the two next to eachother, which I have done. Everytime an AP kat goes against an AD kat...the AP kat has won. Kinda explains itself.

Pretty much comes down to whether you want to push lanes, drop turrets, and occasionally jump in with your ult in team fights, or if you want to play more of a burst assassin doesn't it?

I wouldn't doubt that an AP Kat could beat an AD Kat, but doesn't mean that AD Kat doesn't have her it's own merits outside of a one on one fight.

Fluffy1

10-25-2010

AP kat would beat AD kat since her ult does more damage and kat has no way of stoping it, however AD kat can actually weaken someone before she strikes with her ranged harrassment BB that AP kat does not have. plus if you stop AP kats ult shes mostly useless. overall AD kat is better. AP kat might live a little longer but it wont help if your focused.