Kil'gore- The Corrupted Broodfather

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

02-08-2013

New Champion Concept
2/8/2013
Feel free to comment
Still working on this concept it has some tidying up to do.

Quote:
Information:

Name: Kil'gore

Role: Mix-role

Description: Kil'gore is the creator of corruption, the epitomy of horror, the father of all terrors born into the void. Among those: Kog'maw. His appearance in my mind reminds me of this:

Attachment 609732

yes this is Arukune from Blaze Blue. I would actually like to make it purplish and have more claws to be honest. Maybe even a bit like morphling or muk :S

Weapon: Void Corruption
Quote:
Lore:
Darkness. Terror. Corruption. A plague and an abomination. For centuries the citizens of Valoran gave these titles to something they knew nothing about - the void. Is it weakness? Is it fear? Mankinds desire to explain the unexplainable, to describe the indescribable, to know the unknown. There comes a point in time when you wish you hadn't asked what was in the box, or if a creature truly was underneath your bed. There comes a time when you wish you hadn't wondered. Among the darkness creation begins somewhere, and with something, that something is Kil'gore. Vile in all forms it is a creature incapable of solidifying completely. The smell it emits is horrendous, enough to kill small creatures as it permeates across the air. It knows nothing of sleep, for it is constantly spawning new creatures formed from the very core of its gelatinous goop.

When summoners first gazed into the pit of darkness and witnessed the atrocities of the void, at the very center they saw Kil'gore. The horrors of that land such as Kog'maw refer to this disgusting blob as Daddy, while the summoners could not possibly concieve of such a notion ever being true they did not dare suggest attempting to disprove the concept any time soon. Rather the summoners chose the intelligent approach, close the entrance to the void; however, the creature immediately noticed the summoners peering into the darkness, it lashed out towards the portal with blinding speed causing the casters to quickly close the gap. Anger burned deep within the creature, its only known nature was to consume, and denying its one single purpose caused it to delve into an insanity. It began a vicious onslaught against the fabric of space and time, hungry to escape and starving to create utter oblivion. In time the summoners knew that the portal would not be able remain closed under the constant attacks of Kil'gore. Soon Daddy would come...

Quote:
Stats:
HP: 480 (+83)
HP Regen: 2.4 (+.3)
Armor: 16.5 (+3)
Range: 550
MR: 30
AD: 53.5 (+2.8%)
AP: 0
AS: 0.64 (+2.6%)
MS: 350
Quote:
Abilities:

Quote:
Attachment 609723 Passive: Corruption of the Void- Kil'gore deals bonus damage depending on how many stacks of "Voidal Corruption" he has. For every 5 stacks he has, Kil'gore deals an additional 1/2/3 damage to his targets. Levels up at levels 7/13.
When a minion or champion dies near Kil'gore he gains a stack of "Voidal Corruption". If Kil'gore kills a minion or champion he gains 20 stacks of "Voidal Corruption." (maximum stacks is 100) Kil'gore loses 25% of his current stacks upon death.
Quote:
Attachment 609724Q. Broodcall-
Cost: 22/24/26/28/30 stacks
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 secs
Maximum Voidlings Active: 2
Range: 800
AoE Range: 125

Active: Kil'gore hurls voidal ooze at target location. The ooze forms an egg which hatches after 30 secs (gives sight in area for the duration). When the egg hatches a voidling will appear from the egg and Kil'gore will be able to control it via alt-Q. The voidling if not directed will attack Kil'gore's current target. Voidlings last for 45 secs before decomposing and dealing 80/120/160/200/240 (+.5 ap) magic damage to nearby enemies. Voidlings follow Kil'gore while not being controlled
Quote:
Attachment 609726W. Darkness Beckons-
Cost: 30/35/40/45/50 stacks
Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16 secs
Range: 600

Active: Kil'gore decomposes into a voidal pool becoming untargettable for up to 3 secs. While in this form Kil'gore can leap to a nearby champion. If the target is an Enemy Kil'gore deals them 80/100/120/140/160 (+.8 ad) physical damage. If the target is an Ally Kil'gore grants them a shield preventing 80/100/120/140/160 (+.8 ap) damage for the next 2 secs.
Quote:
Attachment 609727E. Void Dispersion -
Cost: 30/35/40/45/50
Cooldown: 20/19/18/17/16

Passive: Kil'gore gets stronger with each rank in Void Dispersion. He gains +2 Armor/Magic Resist, +3% Attack Speed, and +2% Attack Damage per rank.
Active: Kil'gore fades from sight becoming invisible for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 secs. Kil'gore gains +3% movement speed per rank for the duration.

Quote:
Attachment 609728R. Vile Ambitions-
Cost: 80/90/100 stacks
Cooldown: 120/110/100 secs
Range: 200
Suppress Duration: 2 sec

Description: Kil'gore surrounds the target with his body. He then becomes a dark shell that envelopes the champions figure.

Active: Kil'gore suppresses his target for 2 seconds gaining control of their movements for the duration of the spell. While suppressed the target takes 10% increased damage from all sources. After the spell ends Kil'gore absorbs their knowledge and retains their basic spells (QWE) until death or he reactivates Vile Ambitions.

Quote:
Quotes:
Still working on these

"Kil'gore was here."
"Her will is unbroken"
"Can't contain me summoner"
"You will bend to my will summoner"
"Void... so dark" death
"Daddy is home!" Recall
killing kog'maw, kha'zik, cho'gath: "Who's your daddy!? ME!

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Passive reminds me a lot of Trundle's Decompose, although instead of the target's %hp it goes off of Kil'gore's max hp. Don't know if this difference is enough to differentiate the two. Numbers make it seem miniscule, but at level 18 he'll be healing almost 20% of his max hp just for being next to a cleared minion wave. However, by that stage you probably won't need the regen. The teamfight effectiveness is also pretty much the same as Trundle's. You also don't explain your resource very well so I can't comment on that.

Q - So it's pretty much Maokai's Saplings except the damage is all put into the explosion and they prioritize champions. That's literally the only thing I see that differentiates the two spells, unless they attack for 35 seconds before the decomposition deals the damage. Your wording is a little vague so I can't really be sure.

W - The numbers here are terribly small. You really need to consider proper scaling on the damage and shield. 10 per rank is nothing at all. Another thing you could do to make this more interesting is to have the power of the damage/shield be higher based on how long or short he was in the untargetable state. I would suggest making it a tradeoff between damage/shield and untargetability while keeping the mobility a static benefit.

E - You don't mention the duration of the slow. Ashe has a similar effect, however the power and ease is a lot greater (15% rank 1 on every attack, but at a mana cost). 15% AS for 10 seconds isn't much, but man, 10% AD for 10 seconds on a non-ultimate is a bit high I'd say, and it doesn't really belong with the attack-speed-based effect. I get you're trying to make it a more offensive thing but the majority of that effect is utility.
- As for your Caustic, I don't really think that acidic corrosion translates to lifesteal and increased armor. If anything this seems to be more "voidal" to me, and your previous effect seems to be more caustic. Again your numbers are pretty low.
- I don't know what to say about a toggled spell that affects attack range. The only comparable spell is Kayle's Righteous Fury, and then the dual kit champions but those don't really apply. The difference is that Kayle's is a buff with a duration and mana cost so that it is only beneficial to use it. Right now I don't see the point of having him be melee when you could be ranged AND slow your opponent.

R - I don't like this very much. You instantly turn every fight into a 5v4 and pretty much force everyone on the team to build a Mercurial Sash to remove the effect. The problem with copying skillsets is that there are a lot of exceptions with kits, such as dual-kits, Karma, Udyr, and then there are champions that rely on their passives like Brand. The other problem is that you can't be your own champion with your own skills which also negates a lot of the potential that this concept has during a teamfight. The last problem is that you'd have to copy stats and builds completely, otherwise your build wouldn't match theirs and your effectiveness would be greatly diminished. You also don't mention the finer details of the "control".

His base movement speed is also a bit high for a champ with a possible ranged basic attack. You're also missing AD per level.

So, I don't know. He has small sustain on his passive, a ranged poke, a 4 sec untargetable state coupled with a dash, shield, and damage, ability to switch between melee and ranged (with very small bonuses, almost a waste with the numbers that low) that adds a slow or sustain/durability (which you already cover in your passive), and an ultimate that makes his kit useless in a teamfight.

If you are looking to balance the numbers out, take a look at existing spells with comparable effects. If you're making a single target, ranged slow, look for a spell with the same concept, look at the cooldown, duration, cost, damage, range, and %, and then modify them proportionately. Same goes for every spell. If your spell has a completely new effect, and deals damage, take a look at some basic damage spells and use the damage/cooldown as a guideline.

I think the two major flaws here are your E and R, E having no noticeable effect (other than 10% AD on activating "voidal") and R bordering on design flaws. W needs some tweaking (especially to the numbers) and Q just screams "Sapling Toss", while your passive is almost mechanically identical to Trundle's.

Cmon, Moby, I thought you could do better than this! I mean, I know you just do it for the lore but... I'm not a good judge of writing.

(Bonus points for Arakune, though I'm more a fan of playing as Hakumen and Noel)

Moby the White

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarkof View Post
Passive reminds me a lot of Trundle's Decompose, although instead of the target's %hp it goes off of Kil'gore's max hp. Don't know if this difference is enough to differentiate the two. Numbers make it seem miniscule, but at level 18 he'll be healing almost 20% of his max hp just for being next to a cleared minion wave. However, by that stage you probably won't need the regen. The teamfight effectiveness is also pretty much the same as Trundle's. You also don't explain your resource very well so I can't comment on that.

Q - So it's pretty much Maokai's Saplings except the damage is all put into the explosion and they prioritize champions. That's literally the only thing I see that differentiates the two spells, unless they attack for 35 seconds before the decomposition deals the damage. Your wording is a little vague so I can't really be sure.

W - The numbers here are terribly small. You really need to consider proper scaling on the damage and shield. 10 per rank is nothing at all. Another thing you could do to make this more interesting is to have the power of the damage/shield be higher based on how long or short he was in the untargetable state. I would suggest making it a tradeoff between damage/shield and untargetability while keeping the mobility a static benefit.

E - You don't mention the duration of the slow. Ashe has a similar effect, however the power and ease is a lot greater (15% rank 1 on every attack, but at a mana cost). 15% AS for 10 seconds isn't much, but man, 10% AD for 10 seconds on a non-ultimate is a bit high I'd say, and it doesn't really belong with the attack-speed-based effect. I get you're trying to make it a more offensive thing but the majority of that effect is utility.
- As for your Caustic, I don't really think that acidic corrosion translates to lifesteal and increased armor. If anything this seems to be more "voidal" to me, and your previous effect seems to be more caustic. Again your numbers are pretty low.
- I don't know what to say about a toggled spell that affects attack range. The only comparable spell is Kayle's Righteous Fury, and then the dual kit champions but those don't really apply. The difference is that Kayle's is a buff with a duration and mana cost so that it is only beneficial to use it. Right now I don't see the point of having him be melee when you could be ranged AND slow your opponent.

R - I don't like this very much. You instantly turn every fight into a 5v4 and pretty much force everyone on the team to build a Mercurial Sash to remove the effect. The problem with copying skillsets is that there are a lot of exceptions with kits, such as dual-kits, Karma, Udyr, and then there are champions that rely on their passives like Brand. The other problem is that you can't be your own champion with your own skills which also negates a lot of the potential that this concept has during a teamfight. The last problem is that you'd have to copy stats and builds completely, otherwise your build wouldn't match theirs and your effectiveness would be greatly diminished. You also don't mention the finer details of the "control".

His base movement speed is also a bit high for a champ with a possible ranged basic attack. You're also missing AD per level.

So, I don't know. He has small sustain on his passive, a ranged poke, a 4 sec untargetable state coupled with a dash, shield, and damage, ability to switch between melee and ranged (with very small bonuses, almost a waste with the numbers that low) that adds a slow or sustain/durability (which you already cover in your passive), and an ultimate that makes his kit useless in a teamfight.

If you are looking to balance the numbers out, take a look at existing spells with comparable effects. If you're making a single target, ranged slow, look for a spell with the same concept, look at the cooldown, duration, cost, damage, range, and %, and then modify them proportionately. Same goes for every spell. If your spell has a completely new effect, and deals damage, take a look at some basic damage spells and use the damage/cooldown as a guideline.

I think the two major flaws here are your E and R, E having no noticeable effect (other than 10% AD on activating "voidal") and R bordering on design flaws. W needs some tweaking (especially to the numbers) and Q just screams "Sapling Toss", while your passive is almost mechanically identical to Trundle's.

Cmon, Moby, I thought you could do better than this! I mean, I know you just do it for the lore but... I'm not a good judge of writing.

(Bonus points for Arakune, though I'm more a fan of playing as Hakumen and Noel)
this was my first draft bud...this is incomplete work

Moby the White

02-08-2013

bump

Mortis Angelus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

thought this was a thread about this killgore from teenage robot

Moby the White

02-21-2013

editted lore just to give it a better feel of who the creature is and his personality

wasdcake

02-23-2013

i edited it for youAttachment 622392 tell me if it should be different

WhiteskinFTW

03-18-2013

I would never ever ever ever want to fight this guy. His passives just seem really strong when combined with all the utility he comes with. the story and the look are Completely spot on though. very cool.

PandaWhistle

07-19-2013

This is a unique champion! I love his unique playstyle.

I just have a few things to point out:
-Q is there a way to destroy the eggs (such as Zyra's flowers, by being stepped on?) And will they be a Yorick like minion that will follow him or wait until a target appears (if not being controlled by alt-Q). Does it explode?
-W I think this is fine!
-E if he takes action besides movement will he come out of invisbility?
-R I slightly wonder if 2 seconds is enough time to do anything with an enemy champion. Might want to reconsider duration. And whether or not champion will take damage as long as he's "leeched".

His appearance kind of worries me, It'd be difficult to have a changing blob mass roaming the field, even Zac is one being. I don't know might wanna think on it

Galgus

07-24-2013

The lore looks good.

Passive:

Do these stacks fade, or is it like a Siphoning Strike enhancement without a tie to an ability but with a cap?

300 free bonus damage would be a tad high if the stacks don't fade.

On the side, the name would make more sense as "Void Consumption", since its Kil'gore growing stronger through killing, not the target being corrupted.

Q:

That is a very hefty delay on the summon for a relatively small Voidling active time.

The Eggs would have trouble hatching when used as wards if enemies could attack them: can they?

I understand that he is supposed to get minions while out of a fight and that he can have multiple eggs on the ground, but I'd lower the hatching time just a bit to help him recover from losing a minion.

W:

The Zhonya's style effect and trick capable mobility make sense if he is supposed to lean on the Voidling for a siginificant portion of this damage.

E:

This is an incredibly strong escape tool: I'd consider not letting him cast it if damaged in the last second or to. Then again, Shaco's Decieve exists.

R:

Interesting, though when I started reading it I thought he would control their attacks for two seconds.

The skill steal is cool, but almost seems overloaded on top of the powerful primary effect: perhaps it could be toned down to one cast of one of their QWE abilities.

Closing Thoughts:

He is interesting, but he has surprisingly little focus on minions in his gameplay for their emphasis in his lore.