[Champion Suggestion] Jayne, the Arcane Trickster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tennessee

10-25-2010

So hey, I want to propose an idea for a true stealth mage. As we are starting to find out, Evelynn can be built either AP or AD, and doesn't really fit the "stealth mage" aspect as much. What I wanted to propose was a real nuking stealth mage.

Jayne is a guy, yes, a guy, he is also very unhappy if you can't figure it out. Jayne is totally a guy's name! Jayne is also small, like... I was thinking about making him a Yordle for the tiny aspect. Also, Jayne is a master of arcane trickery. Why? Because there is nothing like blasting you in the face when you didn't see him there before. Here's his abilities and items:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jayne, the Arcane Trickster
Keywords:
Stealth, Melee, Mage, Nuke

Passive: Daggerspell Stance – Your melee attacks reduce the enemy’s magic resistance by up to 8 per strike (at 18th level) and stacks up to 6 times.

Mana Bomb: Jayne hurls a ball of pure magical energy at an area, which then explodes outwards damaging any enemy unit nearby. Damage output would be 100/150/200/250/300 + (0.6). In addition to dealing damage, all enemies hit by the blast get knocked outward from the center of the explosion. Cooldown is 13/12/11/10/9.

Cloaked Casting: After 1.25 seconds, Jayne stealths for 20/30/40/50/60 seconds. Upon using any skill or melee attack, Jayne gains 30/35/40/45/50 magic penetration for the next 10 seconds. Jayne can use this skill again at any time to cancel the stealth. It has a cooldown of 10 seconds.

Missile Storm: 5/8/12/16/20(depending on level) individual missiles erupt from Jayne’s hands and fly into the air at many different directions. Each missile strikes for 15 + (0.1). The missiles first target the selected target, and then select the next nearest enemy to their original target if the original target was killed by a previous missile. If no other targets are nearby, they dissipate instead. Cooldown is 11 seconds.

Ultimate: Reaving Blades – For his ultimate, Jayne would lose both of his daggers to form a pair of magical floating swords. The target of the ultimate will be attacked by the swords, which deal a flat damage 20/35/50 + (0.15). During the time that these swords are active, Jayne cannot use auto attacks (effectively blinded), but the swords attack with his attack speed and crit chance. The swords stay active for the next 4/6/8 seconds and will attack only their initial target during that time. The swords apply on-hit effects such as those from the Daggerspell Stance as if they were auto attacks. If the enemy dies while the swords are on them, they immediately reduce the cooldown of the skill by 50% (so if it is at 90 seconds, 45 seconds would immediately pop off) and deactivate. Cooldown is set at 120/105/90 seconds.

Recommended Items:
Sorcerer’s Boots
Nashor’s Tooth
Malady
Lich Bane
Zonya’s Ring
Hextech Gunblade

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's how I see him working. He stealths up to the fight, and drops Mana Bomb into the midst of the enemies. Put the bomb behind the enemy you want to focus so you can have him launched towards you, then drop your ult on him, followed by Missile Storm.

That would be kind of how it would work, at least how I envision it. I have no idea what the numbers SHOULD be... but I tossed some out, so meh, whatever.

Tennessee

10-26-2010

Shameless -bump-

Scowndrul

10-26-2010

JAYNE....THE MAN THEY CAAALLLLL JAYNE!!! haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FKFLJmOQ50

Synergy would be better if his spells just lowered MR on every hit, just in a reduced fasion since he is so many small hits.

Tennessee

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scowndrul View Post
JAYNE....THE MAN THEY CAAALLLLL JAYNE!!! haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FKFLJmOQ50

Synergy would be better if his spells just lowered MR on every hit, just in a reduced fasion since he is so many small hits.
Yes, he's named for Jayne Cobb. Glad someone got the reference. Now... if everyone can spot the other references, I will be happy.

But, his Ult would apply his Daggerspell stance, which would help him lower MR with every hit, so if his ult was on, it would get 6 hits off pretty easily with decent attack speed and at the first or second level.

That's why you open with Mana Bomb and end with Missile Storm (Cus their MR would be the lowest after a few hits from the ult).