[Guide Request] Jungle Nunu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Landa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2009

Ive been playing Nunu lately and despite being able to get golem buff very easily at lvl 1 I cant seem to continue jungling onto the next creep camp with ease. After killing the golem my consume is on cooldown and I have about 200 hp left. Not enough to take the next jungle camp. Am I supposed to be getting lizard buff instead? My starting item is the 475 health crystal which I rush into catalyst and boots. Any suggestions on how to tackle jungle at low level? I also dont seem able to take down the lizard at lvl 3 with the golem buff. Simply because my HP isnt at full health.

Nadeko Snake

12-02-2009

Are you packing smite as well?

I've never tried all-out jungling with Nunu, only the occasional smite/consume burn or golem buff.

Judging by what I have played he can't jungle right off the bat, but once I get about level 6 I have no problem jungling.

I typically only put one point in consume and the rest in snowball and bloodboil (for faster hits+free spell procs faster).

If he can jungle from start then I am pretty confident you'll want golem rune AND some c/r runes. Starting items would probably need to be a doraans or cloth armor (for glacial shroud) with pots for ideal results.

Also don't be afraid of asking for help dropping the golem faster.

I'm just theory crafting though. I prefer Yeti in lane as his harassment is rage inducing.

WesleyC

12-02-2009

Nunu can't jungle like Warwick or Yi.

However he can very quickly take down one pack of creeps (or even the lizard/golem with a little help) using smite, consume and snowballs. You should head into the jungle often to allow your lane-mate a little extra solo experience.

The secondary benefit of frequent trips into the jungle is that you make it more difficult for the opponents to predict when you'll appear out of nowhere to gank them. Ganking your opponents should always be your main objective, because Nunu is strongest in the early game.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

ThePlumber

12-03-2009

I killed golem level 1 when he spawned with nunu using smite and consume. This was with NO masteries and NO runes (made a smurf on the EU server when ours was down). I'm sure packing a rally would have made it even easier.

I wasn't able to do lizard yet though.