Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timjin

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Don't forget Runaan!

Team Diana, at it again
Iron, I mainly play supports and junglers, are you trying to make me play ADC's with your teams awesomeness?

Shinrasaa

02-08-2013

Are there going to be more journal pages?

Langley

02-08-2013

Quinn with Val. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go yell at some kids to get off my lawn.

It's amazing how far back word associations can go.

Xephen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranigad View Post
Copy Pasta from the other thread xD Doesn't really matter since I'm only one of a few opinions but I'd still like to get my ideas out there =3

The "Put your ear to the ground. Point your gaze to the sky." Leads me to think that Quinn might be some sort of tracker who specializes in hunting down and capturing criminals. The "put your ear to the ground" is sort of like how trackers have to know the terrain and see the clues left behind, "or hear them" while the gaze to the sky would be a reference to her bird companion.

Stylus constantly referring to "eagle eye" (sharp vision, predatorial bird, perhaps directly alluding to an eagle), "pfft ravens" (implying this bird scoffs at the idea of a raven, easily takes one down), "swain's bird needs to meet its match" (what's the opposite of a raven? enemy of a raven?), etc. leads me to think that this new bird will be more of a predator/hunter (like an eagle, falcon, or hawks)

http://www.angelfire.com/id/ravensknowledge/crowfacts.html
" Probably all birds that are predatory in nature are enemies to crows and ravens. These include eagles, hawks and falcons, but it is the owl that is of the highest concern."

This predator idea fits in with the tracker persona where Quinn would utilize the vantage point of Valor to better track and hunt down the prey.

"Exactly. You'll never see it coming." Makes me think of maybe an ability that allows her to sneak up on enemies? Maybe like Rengar's vision while in ult? If you're a good tracker, you'd have to sneakily follow your target until you're sure you can apprehend it, right? Maybe it refers to an aerial bird attack of sorts too since champions don't really look up xD

"Deception? That's the way of traitors and fiends. There is no justice to be found in trickery." Maybe alluding to the ability to see invisible units? She could potentially have a passive that lets her see stealthed units because of the "Eagle Eye" from Valor. Invisibility and stealth let's you trick opponents (think wu kong or shaco) but with a good look out from above and this sentence, she could potentially counter invisibility somehow.

tl;dr - I think Quinn is a tracker who excels in finding and capturing opponents. Valor, her eagle/falcon/hawk/other bird of prey partner, may grant her some sort of vision of nearby surroundings or offer offensive assistance or even somehow reveal stealth units.

I'm really looking forward to this champion and it may be the first champ I buy on release

Edit: ["WHAT?! I'm making observations of clever people making rampant but interesting postulations! Is that a crime?!"] You know who else observes clever people? Trackers =T Crime refers to her sense of justice =T
And her backstory just keeps getting bettterrr, these new journal releases, what happened with Caleb? Did he get killed by an assassin like Talon thus fueling her drive for justice? Maybe Valor has the spirit of Caleb ;-;
I say Owl or Falcon they both have been great representations of honor, only the owl usually is a representation of wisdom more so.

Pandaris

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Don't forget Runaan!

Team Diana, at it again
team diana should make every hero, they are always the best, i still play diana, and i STILL want more diana, leona lore/back story/continuation

Lauren Faust

02-08-2013

She reminds me of a ranger type character. Neat.

Fisherman Fizz

02-08-2013

I wish every release had lore buildup like this.

AvG zayroK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

omg

e 2

02-08-2013

Maybe Caleb has a connection with talon , maybe that's Talons real name. And as for Quinn maybe she has feels for him and Riot did state somewhere not sure if im right, but that the new AD carry wouldn't necessarily be he or she.

Grandlord Vaxid

02-08-2013

Can't wait for more. She seems like a tragic hero so far.