Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Souldier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2013

I was looking at her portrait a little closer, and i gotta say, her hair style is very sexy, i just wish it was more noticeable.

EDIT: Maybe in her skin?

kjj92

02-13-2013

Oh look it's vayne and Anivia on her arm. Next champion we are going to have must be chogath with teemo in his mouth

ChromeFalcon

02-13-2013

I'm liking the purple hair on her. It'll probably be easy to see from the back side in-game.

Echopse

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
Oh look it's vayne and Anivia on her arm. Next champion we are going to have must be chogath with teemo in his mouth
Because every champ with a crossbow is Vayne. You know, since Twitch plays identically to her.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Teemo getting eaten by Cho'Gath.

Zerglinator

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raygr View Post
Is it me or is quinn just a smidge over armored to be performing stealth missions? Not saying I want her skimmpy mind you, just...heavy armor and stealth are not good bed fellows.
I've thought about this, and the thing is, she is the Demacian version of an assassin. What does this mean? I think it means she's less of the assassin that stealthily sneaks in and kills silently and more like, say, a commando or special ops person. Her method of assassination is dropping in and then getting rid of anyone on the way to the target.

Wargasmic

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptomine View Post
I'm probably gonna get downvoted to hell for this, but Riot says they like constructive feedback so I'm gonna say it and hope its at least useful enough for you to consider.

I don't really like it.

Perhaps it is a problem of expectations, but with Quinn being portrayed as a thoughtful, introspective, person who eschews the generally strict and lock-step Demacian outlook and displays a willingness to look beyond it, I must say I was expecting a much more realistic, 'down-to-earth' style of her (Spellthief Lux skin probably being the closest similar example that I can think of off-hand). The imagery evoked here is at best an over-designed Athena and at worst Jarvan's creepy twin sister. (She also doesn't look particularly feminine, which I don't mean as criticism or praise, just an observation that I find interesting given the many arguments there has been on the forums.)

I don't want to sound entirely negative, because there are a lot of really cool little details I can point to and say I honestly like, such as the raised arm guard/perch and the interesting mantle/cape. But to me the key word here is "over-designed." Every aspect of her from the bird to the armor to the weapon screams to me of you, IronStylus, of just trying to out-Leona Leona. (Do not infer from this that I think Leona is a bad design, however.)

Maybe it will click with me once I see her in-game and try out her kit, but as for now, well, her design just seems to try way too hard for it to pique my interest. I don't intend to start a hate-train by any means and hope this can be viewed as the honest opinion and criticism that it is intended to be.
A high ranked Demacian looking "down-to-earth"? How does that make sense? I would love to see a skin of her more "down-to-earth", but that's the only way I could see it making sense.

Rustmaker

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Tyrant Swain View Post
Not trying to predict on her kit or insult or anything like that, but she looks like the male child of Ashe and Vayne, if two women could ever forge a child (Asari don't count), that started out as a Garen look-alike, but changed gender due to peer pressure.
She does look kinda like a dude. I think the armor is almost TOO overkill (and I'm a pretty big fan of Leona's armor), especially for an archer (or...crossbow-er). Then again, I'm not really sure what her kit is about so maybe it will match-up a bit better with her appearance.

Valor looks absolutely incredible, though.

kjj92

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopse View Post
Because every champ with a crossbow is Vayne. You know, since Twitch plays identically to her.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Teemo getting eaten by Cho'Gath.
Teemo would be his tongue like alien style, His q would be chogath shooting teemo out with teemo shooting his poison darts, his r would dropping teemo out like thresh lantern and anyone who attacks it will be pulled to him and eaten

Bogieman

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestitor View Post
I KNEW I was forgetting Fiora. I didn't really look at alt skins beyond Vayne since you couldn't see her eyes, but you are correct on Garen. I still maintain that Jarvan looks like he has sea green eyes.

To be fair, I get it. Demacia is supposed to be prototypical Medieval Europe reminiscent of Germany. Blue eyes and fair hair are pretty common there. Although now that I think about it, I'm starting to realize most League champs have blue eyes.
Fiora clearly is a French reference so I'd say Demacia is supposed to be prototypical Medieval Europe reminiscent of France(Fiora), Germany(Lux?), Poland(Xin's skin) and some other countries. Still it doesn't mean everyone has to be blue-eyed.

Daryslash

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Hand to the ground. Eyes to the sky.

Demacia needs heroes.
Awesome! Looks really good.

Honest question: did you get inspiration by Megaman X's Storm Eagle and/or the Hunter class from Ragnarok Online? xD