Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grim Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jushtime View Post
Reading OP.

The one that compares "He'll blame I" to "He'll blame me."

Me is the correct version, making "He'll blame you and me".

The same as "Demacia is counting on Val and me."
You also don't have to be perfectly grammatically correct in a journal I know I'm not.

RiotRunaan

Writer

02-09-2013
46 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jushtime View Post
There's a typo in the Caleb letter.

"Demacia is counting on Val and I" -- should be -- "Demacia is counting on Val and me."

The way to tell is to only consider the pronoun. For example, "Demacia is counting on I" is obviously wrong. This mistake is painfully common in today's vernacular.
That's not a typo... Quinn just doesn't know that rule, obviously.

Swak

02-09-2013

So excited for Quinn and Val, can't wait to see the kit!

Though am I the only one who thinks it is kinda odd the same symbol is on the sheath for Quinn's dagger in journal 4 and on the seal in journal 1? I mean, I don't think that the Demacian seal would be on every sheath that they make.

But hey I could be wrong, and don't really care, just waiting for Quinn

KyrosTheMystic

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
I'm afraid I can't say but it shouldn't be far off, barring, ya know, explosions.
Thank you for the straight forward, yet humorous response. :3

Personally for me the problem is I don't know what Quinn looks like. I like lore, and I like epicly revealed lore such as this, but I'm personally not a fan of lore without a face. It's just a personal gripe, but, I just can't stand letting my mind wander on the possibilities of the appearance. >.< I like having a concrete concept sketch or splash or character model.

Darth Vile

02-09-2013

If the Bird's head and position is indicative of Heraldry symbolism, then it's in the Trussed position indicating it is at rest and thus the hunt is over and they are waiting the next orders. It's head turned backwards indicates the Regardant pose meaning that it is a watcher, a defender of ones back. And if it were on a shield it would be pointing in the Sinister pose meaning it is turned to the right. So I would guess that it indicates that she is indeed an Assassin based character on those grounds.

Archiplex

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironstylus View Post
oh, so i have not so much a clue but a neat detail that i haven't seen anyone notice or analyze, but theres something significant about the shape of valor's head in how it's depicted, in profile.

Also, in addition, there's another funny detail in the last page that was done for me by the journals artist as a request...

valor

is

a parrot?

SirLanik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Oh, so I have not so much a clue but a neat detail that I haven't seen anyone notice or analyze, but theres something significant about the shape of Valor's head in how it's depicted, in profile.

Also, in addition, there's another funny detail in the last page that was done for me by the journals artist as a request...
The head is significant, in that it obscures where Quinn would ride Valor.

Zombiepaste

02-09-2013

Valor is secretly Swain's bird's half cousin

SilverStorm

02-09-2013

Show us Quinn!!! ;(

Vapeurs

02-09-2013

Okay, I don't care if she immediatly hits PBE but could we at least get a picture, or an obscure picture already. I like teasers, and I want to be teased more!