Demacia Needs Heroes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Cutchry

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMŚrvelous View Post
NOTICES:

>Arrow at the bottom. Could be a pen but likely an arrow/crossbow bolt
>Feather. Gryphon Rider?
>Val and I. Points to mount/companion.
>"They are the legions of blue and gold. They are the beacons of justice. They bear the standard. They lead the charge." Associated with cavalry/Riders
EDIT: >"Valor is the only ally she needs." Stylus is tricking people. Valor is the name of her companion/mount. See "Val and I".

Conclusion: Gryphon rider with a crossbow. Alternatively hunter with a hawk companion of some kind.

I'll be accepting that free skin/champion now Stylus.

Attachment 609000
I hope she doesn't ride a gryphon...unless she has a massive movement speed ability or passive. It already bugs me to know end watching Anivia fly around slower than most champs walk.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Crossposting from my megathread:

Quote:
So I'd like to take this time to compile my thoughts about Quinn and Valor here...

I immediately get reminded of a Native American tracker archetype with Quinn's introduction. Lines like "put your ear to the ground" and her connection with Valor, her bird companion, reinforce this naturalist/tracker theme, as well as her archery.

What interests me about this is that it seems so counter to the rest of the Demacian champions in League right now. All of the other Demacian champions we've encountered have a "class" appeal to them, all related to or part of the upper class or political class. In contrast, Quinn admits to having been born a peasant - not connected to anyone and never gaining fame for herself. It seems like, even now, she lives outside of the majestic city of Demacia after the loss of her friend Caleb, her dreams of becoming part of Demacia's elite dashed. It would be extremely enlightening to see or hear more about the lower-class of Demacia, so I'm looking forward to that.

Using my observations from above, I think it's likely that Quinn might not have even received the King's decree directly (as I had initially thought). I believe that Quinn saw the Orders posted somewhere in her roaming and took them to study and respond to (as the moral right of Demacia demands she do). Her astuteness makes her realize that something isn't quite right with the Orders, and she goes to discuss her thoughts with Garen and Jarvan IV. This is another thing I find intriguing - it can't be very easy to gain an audience with either one, considering their political status as well as their involvement with the League. How was Quinn able to do so?

Now Quinn has been given Jarvan IV's 'blessing' to follow her instinct, so she's set out in the direction she believe the assassin will have gone. Whether that assassin is Talon or not, we still can't know for sure, but she seems to believe she's on the right track. Her 3rd journal page shows that she knows the lay of the land well - presumably from years of living and tracking in the area - and she has mapped out some sort of path across mountainous areas. The three points are also very interesting, since they're neither the only places where the two red paths cross, nor anything else of immediate significance. If I were to venture a guess, I would think Quinn was marking out her projected progress for her travels, and each marked spot might be a place in which to rest for the night.

It would seem by her map that Quinn is heading toward Piltover or Zaun. I expect we'll learn later whether she has much experience on the East side of the Ironspike Mountains, and what she will encounter.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

So that's what I've gathered so far, any ideas/dissent?

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlapChopNinja View Post
I hope she doesn't ride a gryphon...unless she has a massive movement speed ability or passive. It already bugs me to know end watching Anivia fly around slower than most champs walk.
I feel if it was something as extraordinary as a Gryphon there would be a slight more emphasis with the teasers on the chances of it being a Gryphon. You might be right though, who knows!

Maybe a Gryphon Archer than can fly over trees and such?

Wargasmic

02-08-2013

I would love to see more stuff like this for every new champion and maybe possibly even older ones in your free time. Obviously not everyone is going to keep a journal so you may have to do it differently. Like a newspaper, crime scene reports, stuff like that.

Helius

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
That's the goal =)
you've got me all hot and bothered.. just bought RP.. whens she coming out :[

HowardDeanFan

02-08-2013

Seriously, I love the way this reveal is working and hope you guys end up doing more like this in the future.

I do however think you should put these up on the front page as they update. Just to get it some more attention.

√Čidolon

02-08-2013

She's definitely going after Talon. Think about how much sense it would make that an Archer with a Hawk would aim for "Talon". They're thematically intertwined even by name.

I also think that Quinn is part of perhaps a forest type faction? I hope a new faction that focuses a lot on Nature. Maybe even a Mercenary type faction... who knows. But it'd obviously she's one with nature

Zerglinator

02-08-2013

OH ALSO something I noticed:

On page 5, Quinn seems to have a 4 leaf clover on her journal.

Lucky!

Solari Brigadier

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by …idolon View Post
She's definitely going after Talon. Think about how much sense it would make that an Archer with a Hawk would aim for "Talon". They're thematically intertwined even by name.

I also think that Quinn is part of perhaps a forest type faction? I hope a new faction that focuses a lot on Nature. Maybe even a Mercenary type faction... who knows. But it'd obviously she's one with nature
She's too deeply connected to Demacia for her to realistically be a new faction now, I think. She grew up as a peasant in or around Demacia, before departing on her 'mission' she discussed her thoughts with two of the highest ranking figures in Demacia, and now in her last journal page she mentions that she's doing this all for Demacia.

Shinrasaa

02-08-2013

Quinn seems very attuned to nature and the forest, something that might further the idea that she has been inspired by native American trackers. Anyway, I really liked this, it makes the champion feel a lot more alive than the sneak peeks before. I can't wait to play Val and Quinn soon, good job team Diana