Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jax Laning Build Request

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Plasmacore

10-25-2010

Can someone recommend a decent laning build for Jax? The build I currently use is quite horrible, its only decent early-mid game and horrible late game.

Radamanthys3

10-25-2010

Whats your current laning build?

Doran's shield and health pot is the best starting build you can get. Vampiric Scepter and Doran's Blade has been talked to boredom as of why they are supbar on most characters.

Then get Ninja Tabi so you can proc Counter Strike.

Finally work towards Guinsoo's Rageblade, by the time you finish it the laning phase should be over. What I do is getting Lizard often and get an Atma's Impaler.

Marius Caesar

10-25-2010

1. Jax
2. Good laning

Pick one.

HeLLStaR3

10-25-2010

I start with cloth armor and 5 HP pots so I can harass often. Turn cloth into Tabi and pick up a scepter for longevity. Next ill grab guinsoo's then bloodthirster.

After I get boots in between items Ill grab a red potion and sometimes a blue when funds available. Makes for an OP start.

Chumong

10-25-2010

I would recommend going with a cloth armor with 3-5 hp pots like Pewstar stated its pretty decent good start. From there, I pick the following either A) a Ninja Tabi or B) a Wriggles + boot

I personally find wriggles as a decent grab for Jax, in my opinion. If you dont find the additional armor+atk+20% to 500 on minion/monsters helpful on farming, then you must be an epic pro :P

Wriggle usually help me with farming in early game and handle mid game phase fairly well. I would grab tabi and maybe Rageblade after but I have recently abandoned rageblade for Hextech for Life steal over his passive bonus. So here is my built order usually...

1) Cloth Armor + 3-5 HP Pots
2) Wriggles + Boot ( boot if you have enough money after grabbing Wriggles.)
3) Ninja Tabi + Vamp Scept.
4) Bilgewater Cutlass or Hextech Gunblade + Zeal
5) Phantom Dancer + whatever you need

This is my standard built, I know that Rageblade is amazing on Jax, but wriggles are the best, in my opinion for Jax on early and mid phase so you can farm quickly and avoid wasting time farming slow and getting ganked.

EDIT: Oh Grabbing Vamp Scept is for more Life-steal. Forgot that wriggles has life steal lol This should help out those lane phases where you are harassed but if you're being stunned or rooted/whatever snared. Dont lane there. PERIOD

Plasmacore

10-25-2010

Ok, thanks. Normally I get boots and some health potions first, then turn boots into Ninja Tabi, and get Vampiric Scepter. After that, I get Rageblade , Phage, Phantom Dancer, Frozen Mallet, Bloodthirster. For the 6th I get a armor or MR item, depending on the other team, although I heard that getting one earlier is best, like atmas/banshee/guardian.

Radamanthys3

10-25-2010

I wouldn't drop Rageblade, you gain almost 195 HP with it, jumping to almost 300 at full stacks.

Kroghar

10-25-2010

Quote:
Plasmacore:
After that, I get Rageblade , Phage, Phantom Dancer, Frozen Mallet, Bloodthirster. For the 6th I get a armor or MR item

Trying going more on the AP side with Magic Pen. I don't know why every Jax out there goes AD when all his quite-spammable abilities are Magic Damage with AP modifiers. Tabi > Guinsoo's is still great, but then consider some AP items like Rylai's, Abyssal, Lich Bane. Items that will improve your burst damage when you leap in and stun, and double with survivability.

Plasmacore

10-25-2010

So, I should get Tabi>Some Life Leach Item> Rageblade>Phage and then rest, AP/MR and Atmas?

Edit: ONE Atmas, not several

Radamanthys3

10-25-2010

I personally dont like life leech unless you got big damage source behind it. I'd get it after rageblade